Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Age 66 potental changes

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by asdfghy View Post
    Quick Question.. is ToG now a spell only for Mechants?

I noticed the lost of ToG.
    Yep, thats why also merchant now get less extra creds.

Forum Fanatic
    Don't know why people think Avian is too strong, it's still not viable over other attacking options.

It's disappointing that the strongest personality (sage) once again doesn't get nerfed.

Also, the elf/fae changes don't quite work. Fae is still a better mystic option. You trade 10% WPA (because fae gets MF vs the elf 30% racial) for FOK, CS, +1 mana/tick, +1 stealth/tick, +20% spell damage, +20% thievery damage, and +20% spell duration.
    Last edited by Zauper; 20-08-2015 at 15:03.

Out of all the tweaks, Elves are looking rather weak now and I agree that they need something more than Invisibility.

Realistically, giving them Amnesia back would make them more playable as a t/m.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by DaRkArAChniD View Post
    Out of all the tweaks, Elves are looking rather weak now and I agree that they need something more than Invisibility.

Realistically, giving them Amnesia back would make them more playable as a t/m.
    Giving elf amnesia gives fae amnesia; that doesn't make elf viable, it makes fae stronger.

Avian can finally compete with the other attackers.
    Dwarf is fine
    Elf is meh, its nice it has the wpa bonus again but they are still lacking something. As mentioned earlier having defensive losses would better.
    Faery is pretty strong. Now they don't have tog but they probably better off in this tradeoff, maybe bump up the leets to 700 and tweak extra damage to 15% as they get extra ops from +1 man/stealth
    Halfer is interesting again I like it
    Human was OP this age and I think this is a interesting trade off. The -20% is fair considering the bonuses they get.
    Orc finally took a nerf.. sad to see but they were pretty strong for awhile. The leets are expensive drop to 700.
    UD is fine

Merchant is fine now that its the only way you can get ToG
    Sage is fine
    Rouge is fine
    Mystic is fine, but please make them immune to self exploding spells
    Warrior is okay, the loss of a general is pretty huge but the OME does somewhat make up for it
    Tact is fine
    Cleric is fine
    War hero is meh give them faster training time

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nameisis View Post
    1) I don't agree. Many plp can utilize 8 hour attack times and log in 3 times a day.

2) Fog might ruins schedule and is not fun. We alredy get GS that reduce gains, no need to speed down armies.

In short Fog is a bad idea, a very BAD.

I disagree. I believe most people that you are referring to are Utopia fanatics (which is a small subset) that can use this bonus. (That would include me as well. )

Someone who isn't that devoted to the game can still reap good benefits from an Avian with Fog compared to us elites that can really reap the bonus of -30% Attack Time.
    It's either increased attack time or use use -1 attack time to counter it or MV.

Regular
    Suggestion for WH.

Give it -50% Wages.

Enthusiast
    I personally like this age's Elves. Just want a better spellbook (while keeping mages fury).
    The thing is regardless of prior ages or this ages changes if you dont know how to play a non-caster Elf you really dont know how to play an elf regardless of changes, just the bonuses is a handicap.

Why does Halflings get mages fury?

Veteran
    The biggest change, no more tog on a race, I like it. Makes merchant more viable and faeries less strong.

T/m races:
    I like nerf on faeries... keeps them manageable for the non-faeries and losing tog is pretty big for them. Essentially turns them into the elf from last age which was nice but not overpowered. The nw on the faery leets may be a bit too much now though.
    The nerf on elf may be a bit much. 30 wpa and +1 def spec as only bonusses and a leet with too much nw? Not a great pick atm. Did you forget to put a -33% defensive losses bonus in there or something?
    Halfling looks better now, I think when compared to faeries both will be useful. Better nw elites when compared to other elites and +50% tpa bonus is what I asked for to get them on par with the elves and faeries, I think they look playable now. I also like the switch between elf and halfling for mages fury and invisibility.
    From the t/m races I think faery and halfling are balanced now and elf could use a bit of love. Also seems the attackers got a bit better compared to the t/m's.

Attacker races:
    Avian look great with that +1 general. It's quite a big bonus for kingdoms that know what to do with it.
    Dwarf needs some loving. I think the nw on the leet is way too much for this race to be good.
    Human looks awesome. Low nw leet for the biggest offense in war, ouch. Even with the -gains, it's awesome like this, the amount of offense you can get on them more than makes up for it.
    Orc sci nerf looks big, but they did need it. The 10% from this age made it a bit too strong imo. It looks balanced now.
    Undead looks balanced. The same as last age with more affordable elite. With avian and human this strong I doubt they'll see much play.

Persona's
    I can be really short about this... it looks balanced, except for rogue and war hero.
    I think double td on rogue and the crime efficiency and the AW/prop and +1 stealth is a bit much. I'd drop the crime efficiency to 50% or drop the double td efficiency.
    I think war-hero just has a lot of cool bonusses that dont work together well and dont have a real use in any organised kingdom. Besides the bonusses that look cool but dont do that much, I'd put something else on them, like +15% combat gains.
    -Nox-

Now playing a well prepared bacon rogue. Seasoned the little piggie with peper, thyme and rosemary. Put in the oven with potatoes under it so those get baked in the seasoned fat dripping down. Asparagus with cherrytomatoes, olives and basil on the side. Hmmmmmm.

546706 total books in Palem's superfun uhm hoi challenge.
    Made utopian faeries fly.
    Age 72 war win crown and honour crown.

Veteran
    I just want to emphasize that the defensive loss bonus on Elf would not really bring it up to where it needs to be, but would come a little closer. Give them QF and/or rune production bonus and/or +1 mana in war and/or more offensive spells or something.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by RedPanda View Post
    I personally like this age's Elves. Just want a better spellbook (while keeping mages fury).
    The thing is regardless of prior ages or this ages changes if you dont know how to play a non-caster Elf you really dont know how to play an elf regardless of changes, just the bonuses is a handicap.

Why does Halflings get mages fury?
    Becasue Halfer mystic is the combo.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by asdfghy View Post
    I disagree. I believe most people that you are referring to are Utopia fanatics (which is a small subset) that can use this bonus. (That would include me as well. )

Someone who isn't that devoted to the game can still reap good benefits from an Avian with Fog compared to us elites that can really reap the bonus of -30% Attack Time.
    It's either increased attack time or use use -1 attack time to counter it or MV.
    No many plp can login 3x time a day it's not that hard. I don't ask running Avian Tac with 25% rax and getting into 5-6 hour attacks. But 8 hours is nice and double for most players
    Last edited by nameisis; 20-08-2015 at 16:31.

Overtuned

Elves: There is no way with these changes elves will be taken as T/M over halfers and faeries. Give them back mana recovery and Mages Fury.

Mages Fury + Mana Recovery
    Or
    Mages Fury + Combat loss bonus

What is the point of invisibility?

Humans: Combined with Warrior that's +40% OME... You can't be serious

Halfer + Rogue = Too much of a bonus to thievery.

Post Fiend
    Human negative gains bonus will really hurt when hitting into oponents with high or CS. Then anything other in war than max gains could be cruical. So not so good at chaining if big hummie.

Might drop OME to 15% though on Human.

P.S. Warrior + human is 44% bonus not 40%.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by nameisis View Post
    Human negative gains bonus will really hurt when hitting into oponents with high or CS. Then anything other in war than max gains could be cruical. So not so good at chaining if big hummie.

Might drop OME to 15% though on Human.

P.S. Warrior + human is 44% bonus not 40%.
    Compare orc with human:
    orc - 7/1 elite, +30% gains, free draft (econ bonus), +25% kills; -20% sci eff
    human - 7.2/3 elite, 5 off offspec [note: this factors for their ome bonus], .33 bpa/tick free (econ bonus), fok, QF, -20% gains.

Now look at a human trading hits with an orc.

Let's say a 14% base gain hit, both provs on 3k acres.

Orc gains 546a before GS.
    Human gains 336a before GS.

Essentially, because of the gains difference, you're looking at orcs gaining 62.5% more per hit than humans. Whether that's in a chain or not, that's a massive difference. And the offense the two have is functionally the same if they're all elite. Human would have slightly more. Human can turtle better, but you're not turtling if you're running suicide offense.

Neither has great econ in war. Human would be better defensively because of it's sci bonus, but orc can train up faster because free draft is fantastic for the emer/pat drafting in pump.

Thread Information