Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Cj getting desperate?

It was me. Soon I will have 7 provinces and you'll never be able to stop me!!!
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

I like to post
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    Time for 777 surprises!
    “the mystery of life isn’t a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

“I should've suspected trouble when the coffee failed to arrive.”
    ― Frank Herbert, Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
    I don't think you actually do know what you typed. You can't grammatically be disreputable by action, you can only be disreputable by perception. The adjective refers to a passive status, not a chosen descriptor.

So you did in fact get this one wrong, in this tense, sorry to say. ESL is nothing to be ashamed of.
    Yea yea true the other word was kinda boring so auto corect suggested the other word I figured it would be more interesting (jerk)

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    SUSAN: Seven Costanza? You're serious?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Then I think we need to rewind wars fought by CR in 63, AMA most ages,and Roughknecks, Rusty, and Stoners in the warring tier. All of these kingdoms have at several points beaten their opponents logistical superiority.

The argument then being the opponent wasn't a quality matchup. So in microcosm, how does a single province in an empty kingdom gain acres through the age without CFs? I did it. The reason I remember the CR run in 63 was because I was watching for top kingdom provinces in my range. Not to attack, that's against my personal idiom, but preparing to retal. I didn't do CFs because I enjoy challenges.

So meter watching isn't the solution. Acre digestion is. If your a top down kingdom, meaning you base your strategy on UB size to opponents who agree to war you, then you're not ideally built to stomach a larger kingdom. You can still fight. Why most of this age I was playing a faery sage. I built myself to retal bottom feeders because we were top down. My ratios were roughly 1:1. That's a ridiculous strat isn't it? Yeah, with ospecs even. But I digress. To learn about top feeding you should take a look at the CR strat of 63 and a few of the AMA strats. Because these were facing cows, the apex provinces in the game. Simplistic, but if your going to prove something you have to face cows.

To me it's glaringly obvious that the community puts too much faith in static math. Perhaps it's that most don't understand that the meta is still just a strat; It's an alternative of efficiency, but it takes time to cook it right. The meta is also predictable because we all know the big numbers. It is a beautiful machine I admit.

Who here today hit an opponent who can triple tap you for your single tap? ;-) challenges that make you nervous.
    It's funny you mention the above highlighted because I played in CR for most of it's existence (playing in ED when CR wasn't trying to crown) and I have often also thought that. Being in CR and a kingdom full of math nerds like zap, topsy, munk godly etc forced me to, albiet on a minor scale, start thinking about the math also.

Playing in a kd like CR where most things are simmed was a change for me and still at times I often think we too 'over complicate' things and push the boundaries but it is fun to drink a beer and watch the math dudes go at it
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Needs to get out more
    I like it to. I'm not against it(math) because it certainly works, just that there's more to the game and I think the kingdoms I mentioned know this. I have also contemplated the deeper math, or in this case, the non static math. In part I don't use the readily available tools because I enjoy the challenge. The opportunity to polish my game is always there and I'll do this if a jump to higher ground is in the cards.

Like you I enjoy seeing the guys posting chart projections and discussing veritable rocket science. I admit I also find it amusing when we're 1/7 and the thing just doesn't come together.

Oh, and my opponent did indeed 3x retal. So, with a limp, we dance. claw, claw, bite...D&D humor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

So what's happening? I haven't logged in 24hrs.

I read something about takeshi and octobrev making out??!?

Utopia is just social text-based chess/poker/starcraft/trading
    There is only 1 important strategy in Utopia. Game Theory

Age 57-63 : Pyromaniacs co-leader
    Age 64: Retired ghetto (Sillies)
    Age 65: Retired warring ghetto (Sillies X)

To be continued...

-
    Dont be a retail investor/trader. You will lose shinies.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    So what's happening? I haven't logged in 24hrs.

I read something about takeshi and octobrev making out??!?
    Do i hear wedding bells?
    Wars come and go but my soldiers stay eternal

theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Just trying to be friends!

Takeshe reaction not so g00d.

(Rumor has it that it is a summer tanned elit in the background trying to remove octo)
    Last edited by vir; 26-08-2015 at 01:23.

it's my very good honour to meet you and you may call me V.

Thread Information