Thread: Greed and Merchant...

Greed and Merchant...

Ok so I thought that Greed was an Income Penalty... and Merchants were Immune to Income Penalties..... So why the F*** is my province affected by greed??????

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximus778 View Post
    Ok so I thought that Greed was an Income Penalty...
    You were wrong, read the description again. Greed doesn't affect your income at all, it affects your expenses.

So extra wages... does not affect my income? how does that make any sense at all..... of course it affects my income.... I am being charged more for my army upkeep... expense or not THAT AFFECTS INCOME!

Forum Addict
    No it doesn't, income describes the money you get and expenses is the money you spend. Those are separate entities.

It is still a Net Income Penalty!

Forum Addict
    It's called Net Change ingame. :)

There are 3 Income penalties in the game i know of Riots... Fools gold... and Greed... thats it so... to be honest thats all the Immune to Income Penalties would cover.... its a bull**** bonus if it does not cover all 3 of those... and with your theory... it would only cover riots..... so what the F*** good is that bonus at all? helps negate ONE thievery op....

Regular
    Yeah it doesn't cover FG either. Not an income penalty. Clue is in the word "income" - this is the gc you generate each tick (from pezzies, prisoners, dungeons). FG affects your wealth, not your income. Greed affects your expenses, not your income.

I believe it covers income penalty from dragon/overpop though as well as Riots.

plague too

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

Forum Fanatic
    There are 3 Income penalties in the game i know of Riots... Fools gold... and Greed... thats it so... to be honest thats all the Immune to Income Penalties would cover.... its a bull**** bonus if it does not cover all 3 of those... and with your theory... it would only cover riots..... so what the F*** good is that bonus at all? helps negate ONE thievery op....
    FG is not an income penalty.

The income penalties are:
    Incite Riots
    Plague
    Dragon

Look at your affairs of the state page. If it is something that reduces 'income' on that page, it is blocked by the merchant bonus. If it changes something else -- such as wages, draft costs, or science costs -- or something that isn't on that page, it is not covered.
    Last edited by Zauper; 24-08-2015 at 20:24.

Post Fiend
    35% overpopulation penalty as well, although I'm not sure if that stacks with incite riots.

And even in the debatable case about wages being an income penalty surely fool's gold is a wealth penalty instead.
    Last edited by Leonidas; 24-08-2015 at 22:42.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    So extra wages... does not affect my income? how does that make any sense at all..... of course it affects my income.... I am being charged more for my army upkeep... expense or not THAT AFFECTS INCOME!
    By that logic, wouldn't you have expected free wages? Since it lowers your income?

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    By that logic, wouldn't you have expected free wages? Since it lowers your income?
    LOL, game set match

The Jerks.

Thread Information