Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Age Lengths

Post Fiend

Age Lengths

Why are they getting progressively longer?

I don't know anybody who is enjoying these extra-long ages...so why are they happening? Should've ended 2-3 weeks ago. Boring us isn't a good way to increase the player-base...

Needs to get out more
    -The older we get the faster things seem to move, so it's alright for me.
    -Some of the EoA gridlock is diplo related, but this could be good if CFs are time based.
    -I've spent the waning days EoA experimenting. You could start a new province, visit a random kingdom...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Dev's were in the states for a project (or something) and Bishop was in hospital for a bit

Ages are not getting progressively longer, they end when schedules allow but we always aim for around the 12 week mark.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

I think itd be better to have two 8 week rounds without any changes than one 16 week round. These long ages are killing utopia at a faster rate.

Why were u at hospital bishop? Hope youre okay!
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Forum Fanatic
    Anyone whos played knows the ages do go a week or so longer from time to time.It isnt killing the game when it happens.Shorter ages very well might tho.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Post Fiend
    Bishop had a baby of some sort. Long ages are fine its the player base that's fckd. If it was 8 weeks then everyone would stop warring at 6 weeks. Because no one wants to war in general let alone at eoa it get more boring. Especially with the amount of kds that are left and the inactive situation.

Needs to get out more
    Some do ;-)
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Fanatic
    I hope Bishop is okay, but also, the ages should be shorter. and #freeCheetzy

The Jerks.

Forum Addict
    Ages are not getting progressively longer, they end when schedules allow but we always aim for around the 12 week mark.
    You do realize that when you aim for 12 weeks, succeed at ending close to that mark for so long, then start ending at 14 weeks, then 15 weeks, that is the very definition of "getting progressively longer" ;) That said, no complaints, I hope we'd all rather you end ages when convenient for you, instead of ending them for good.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
    You do realize that when you aim for 12 weeks, succeed at ending close to that mark for so long, then start ending at 14 weeks, then 15 weeks, that is the very definition of "getting progressively longer" ;) That said, no complaints, I hope we'd all rather you end ages when convenient for you, instead of ending them for good.
    Lol that's exactly what I thought when I read that comment.

However, if something is going on (such as the aforementioned baby) then that's a perfectly good reason.....which is why I asked what the reason was for it. No need to be so salty about it. (Although I do admit I might've been a bit salty myself in the original question)

Quote Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
    Selective age selection can also show you ages are getting progressively shorter, anyway the ages will always be around the 12 mark, no intention of moving away from this.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Good the length is perfect almost I do belive !!

I like 12 week mark
    #magi

Post Fiend
    Selective age selection can also show you ages are getting progressively shorter, anyway the ages will always be around the 12 mark, no intention of moving away from this.
    Bishop you're delusional.

"Selective age selection" is not at work here. It is a simple matter of looking at the last few ages - not cherry picking, which show a direct trend of going longer and longer each age.
    I understand your point, that you aimed for 12 and other things got in the way - and that's fine....but to come here and simply "shoo" away the facts as if they don't exist when they very blatantly do is just another example of your apparent borderline disorder...and you wonder why Utopia has less players than Diablo 2.

Thread Information