Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: avian personality

avian personality

which one is the best as secondary attacker next age? core attacker will be undead / orc.

Post Fiend
    Warring kd?

yea

Veteran
    All races are close next age and will be the personalitys that set them apart.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Absolutely Tact.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Absolutely Tact.
    Cleric does not even enter into the discussion?

Veteran
    Cleric is definitely the way to go. Go heavy GS, TG, & Forts. Stack your protections.

Post Demon
    Sage, even weakened, is kinda epic too. You can learn for sci better later age, and it gives nice chain mitigation so you can run lower than normal defense.

As A/everything: Won't put up quite the same raw power as the core attackers, but can be much more flexible in what it does. Hard to use well, but pulls it's weight and then some if done right.

As chain bait: Stupid offense, like 20 dpa, just begging for a chain. But ambush immune, get gs and pop sci, and it might take almost twice as long to actually chain you. Make sure to LL hard on the way down to stall it even longer. The staggered hits idea might make this combo almost unchainable by T100-T50 kingdoms, *if* you can log every 2-3 hours. (Tact might do staggered hits even better though)
    it's vs. its is ambiguous - from now on I'm attempting to use the proper possessive it's, and the contraction 'tis. (Its will just be the plural.)

Think Different

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggis View Post
    Cleric does not even enter into the discussion?
    Not for me. Only one I'd consider outside of Tact would be Sage and that I would only pick if I was sure my kingdom would at least win 2-3 wars in the age otherwise, meh

Forum Fanatic
    Tact for sure if I'm in an organized kingdom and using only a few Avians. Speed isn't a linear bonus, having the lowest possible time has tactical implications if you know how to use it.

Cleric is about the last thing I'd pick for Avian, for any role. First of all, Cleric only makes sense if most of your kingdom is picking it, and second if you're running a few Avians, their biggest threat is being opped into submission, not offensive attrition losses. Third, your offense starts off pretty bad already, so you're picking Avians largely to go after other attackers. Since your kingdom is mostly Orc/UD, you should be able to reduce enemy attackers to low defense. Fourth, Cleric is only -30% losses this age, so it's just not that great.

If I had lots of Avians then I'd probably go Sage with them, but that's still a hard way to go without winning wars. Using Sage with a few Avians is possible, but you'd have a few very breakable provs using it which sucks.

Merch seems good, but with Avian's poor stats they need something that will bring them up to the level of other races. Merch works better for races that defend well, or have strong armies + a decent economy bonus. If you're running only a few Avians, they shouldn't pick Merchant, since you're picking those Avians primarily for hitting stuff.

Warrior is actually okay with the races you're using, though it is still diplo-limited. What you will need to do is make sure your Orc and Undead make smart hits in hostile, and if you wave someone, don't stop hitting until they can't possibly declare, or they agree to a cf. If you don't get a war, your Warrior bonus is meaningless, but your kingdom should extract a profitable cf. I still prefer Tactician for the speed, or Sage for overall stats/ability. Warriors do however get their bonus no matter what, very useful if you can't keep the science a Sage would want.

BTW - if you encounter an Avian or any attacker with way too little defense, the best way to handle them is to massacre, raze, and flatten the hell out of them. You might land chain if your kingdom needs the acres or can force offensive desertions. Otherwise, why would you give an attacker a free land drop and the range to chain your provinces down in return? It's not too hard to flatten such a prov to half their starting defense and nightstrike their military away, doing what you'd want to do with a land chain anyway.
    Last edited by noobium; 30-08-2015 at 00:32.

Veteran
    Tact, merch, cleric.

Post Fiend
    No need to rely on war wins for science for sage. A sage should get millions of science and war wins give such a small percentage of your total science. Most of your science will come from learns.

Post Fiend
    Wars slow science gain for sages if the war exceeds the min time.

I'd go avian/merchant and run about 3 tpa. Grab land, kidnap pez, tog. Sucky off doesn't matter as much if you can hit 3 times a day. Quickly bloat up on land, get pez heavy, kidnap to counter fbs then tog your heart out.

Forum Fanatic
    If war exceeds min time and the avian kingdom is winning, and it's mid-age... hello, learn attack. :)

Post Fiend
    Is this a bad start assuming avian cleric in a semi ghetto kd.

Farms 7
    Dungeons 3
    TG 30
    Guilds 10
    Towers 10
    WT 20
    Banks 10
    Homes 10

Run 2-3 r twpa. This is obviously after a pump with decent bpa. I wanted a few more prisoners thus 3% to run more offense. The 30% tg is to have max mod o assuming like 80 be or so.

Thread Information