Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: congrats expendibles

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    So if they arent good, whats the issue then? What does that make you if you let bad people treat you like dirt? Man, if they are so bad why do you need help from the game to take care of em? Man you are not elite player at all, you are bad :(
    Game mechanics save them with the percentage rule for war. Give me a break. If warring kingdoms weren't stopped by that we would declare and stomp them into the ground.

Regular
    Well, you could always clarify what you mean then. But I wrote wht it seems like and IF that was the case, not saying things were this or that. You seem to want to diminish peoples achievment just cause they are more social than you and grasped what the game is about more than you. Ie, meeting new people from all over the world. Most of us has played in more than one kingdom, even you apparently judging from your signature. Then that makes at least a possible contact net of 49 people for you. Having a large contact net doesnt diminish any achivement. Lets bring up ED vs Spartans again, that wasnt due to a large contact net, that was due ED being in a better position to enforce terms that benefits them.

Combined charts is no real chart, there are only four charts.
    The clarification is the game should do a better job at forcing ALL kingdoms to war/farm/etc kingdoms much closer to their size instead of providing decent gains hitting into kingdoms 1/2 your size. Crowning because you had CFs with everybody in your range doesn't impress me.

Combined chart *should* be a real chart, but fine then we finished:
    War: 7th
    Land: 13th
    Networth: 15th
    Honor: 38th

We are still quite happy with where we finished and it didn't require a large contact list to get there.

Monarch of Pasty Troll Kingdom (Ages 10 - 26)
    Monarch of Seagulls (Ages 49 - 69)
    Monarch of Mixed Nuts (Age 74-???)

Quote Originally Posted by Glimi View Post
    ^^ This ^^

Why not add changes to the game that forces kingdoms of the same size to interact more? Why is that a bad concept? Why are people afraid of having to hit other land/networth crowning kingdoms?
    Because if Kingdom A and Kingdom B hits each other, they set each other back. Its a lose-lose situation. I'm more worried about the landdropping side effects.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by handofthrawn View Post
    Game mechanics save them with the percentage rule for war. Give me a break. If warring kingdoms weren't stopped by that we would declare and stomp them into the ground.
    That's just flat out untrue, fyi.

If there were no mechanics around declaring/war, you'd be getting farmed in war by kds 3-4x your size all age long for land. That would be fun.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Taraxacum View Post
    Things got complicated only because of the extra 3 weeks(?), which forced ED to wave kds like yours as there were no warrable kds with reasonable honor.
    I have no real issue with your wave on us. The timing was bad and you were 2-4 mil bigger but I understand the options were limited at the time......and the length was our own doing.

But I do think Spartans could have farmed a bit more honor (with or without hitting you) and pushed for honor crown also....the fact they didn't because of an agreement is what I think is wrong with the top. :soapbox: Fight and earn it with game mechanics not chats. :soapbox:

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    That's just flat out untrue, fyi.

If there were no mechanics around declaring/war, you'd be getting farmed in war by kds 3-4x your size all age long for land. That would be fun.
    In most cases yes that is why the rule exist but I am talking the elite warring kingdoms verse explorers. Explores hide behind the rule.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by handofthrawn View Post
    In most cases yes that is why the rule exist but I am talking the elite warring kingdoms verse explorers. Explores hide behind the rule.
    The elite warring kingdoms lose hands down to the whoring kingdoms when they both have similar goals. The only window in which the elite warring kingdoms have an advantage vs the whoring kingdoms is early age where the whoring kingdoms have a longer outlook setup than they do (i.e. sage vs warrior/cleric) and are more careful about long-term pool use, enabling the warring kingdoms to get advantages via things like exploring core.

In a situation where the top whoring kingdoms spend an age warring, or the top warring kingdoms spend an age whoring, the outcome is always the same:
    The warring kingdoms lose.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I see a lot of people complaining about wanting kingdoms to fight it out and hiding behind size difference but I don't see anyone challenging anyone to a fight while everyone is the same size :(

The clarification is the game should do a better job at forcing ALL kingdoms to
    war/farm/etc kingdoms much closer to their size instead of providing decent gains hitting into kingdoms 1/2 your size. Crowning because you had CFs with everybody in your range doesn't impress me.

Combined chart *should* be a real chart, but fine then we finished:
    War: 7th
    Land: 13th
    Networth: 15th
    Honor: 38th

We are still quite happy with where we finished and it didn't require a large contact list to get there.

So what you want is everyone is supose to player after how you picture Utopia supose to be lol. What makes your way of playing so much better than anyone else? Still seems to be that you are unable to handle situations where you are bottomfed on, instead of fixing that attitude and lack of diplomacy skills you want the game to babysit you.

But even if it would be bad gains, whoring kingdoms would rather hit safe targets than unsafe. Both Palem and me explained it to you but you still dont seem to get it, why?

You realize though its pretty impressive, to be able to be cfed with "everyone" you would need to be in a position of power and enforce those conditions on others. Otherwise you would been swallowed.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I see a lot of people complaining about wanting kingdoms to fight it out and hiding behind size difference but I don't see anyone challenging anyone to a fight while everyone is the same size :(
    Weird...because if you ever look at our kingdom page you'll see Ave Relative Kingdom Size > 100%

The whoring kingdoms are the elite warring kingdoms. It is known. The kingdoms below that pride themselves on war are really just practicing.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Weird...because if you ever look at our kingdom page you'll see Ave Relative Kingdom Size > 100%
    You misunderstood.

Seagulls are currently the same size and in range of everyone else. If you think a kingdom like ED is inferior to your kingdom, why not challenge them to a war as soon as your islands are discovered?

Regular
    So what you want is everyone is supose to player after how you picture Utopia supose to be lol. What makes your way of playing so much better than anyone else? Still seems to be that you are unable to handle situations where you are bottomfed on, instead of fixing that attitude and lack of diplomacy skills you want the game to babysit you.

But even if it would be bad gains, whoring kingdoms would rather hit safe targets than unsafe. Both Palem and me explained it to you but you still dont seem to get it, why?

You realize though its pretty impressive, to be able to be cfed with "everyone" you would need to be in a position of power and enforce those conditions on others. Otherwise you would been swallowed.
    I want Utopia to force kingdoms to fight other kingdoms their own size. If the game mechanics discouraged hitting outside of your range the political side wouldn't matter.

Here I'll present my case a different way.

Why do we have restrictions on dragon sending of 20% smaller or 25% larger?

If the game mechanics think that sending a dragon smaller or larger than your current kingdom is bad......then why doesn't attacking (or spells/ops for that matter) follow the same game philosophy?

If diplomacy is such an important part of the game...then why doesn't it also apply to dragons?
    Last edited by Glimi; 01-09-2015 at 18:07.

Because those are mechanics that we can manipulate with ease. We could easily wave kingdoms and then build out of their range to prevent retals, then repeat.
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    The whoring kingdoms are the elite warring kingdoms. It is known. The kingdoms below that pride themselves on war are really just practicing.
    Thats the silliest thing I ever heard a elite warring kingdom only warring once or twice lol. Real warring kingdoms fight around 6-8 wars. Explores explore out of range of war and are not looking for war. As for Ed they only bottom fed near the end to keep the honor crown. Just made alot of enemies in the process.

Thread Information