Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: congrats expendibles

congrats expendibles

fwiw, congrats on your age well won.

Utopia is just social text-based chess/poker/starcraft/trading
    There is only 1 important strategy in Utopia. Game Theory

Age 57-63 : Pyromaniacs co-leader
    Age 64: Retired ghetto (Sillies)
    Age 65: Retired warring ghetto (Sillies X)

To be continued...

-
    Dont be a retail investor/trader. You will lose shinies.

Congrats to the Super Fruits, Mango & Co

and to the Musketeers and BB for prov crowns (thought flogger said they wouldn't crown...)
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Post Demon
    lets not forget Spartans and ED, gz all

Forum Addict
    flogger DB!

Congrats all on a very interesting and what seemed like a very long age
    Science in Progress 61 Cloud-City | RONIN 62 The Road| RONIN 63 DemonDeathWind | Rise2Power 64 TenToesUp | Rise2Power 65 Toothless Aggressio | Rise2Power 67 FiftyShadesofOrc

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by citadela01 View Post
    lets not forget Spartans and ED, gz all
    awww thanks<3

<3 ED

Now I must leave thee, to return to more whoring pastures.
    redwood original. ben style.

KoC -> FAITH -> Identity Crisis -> andn00bs - > Reunion -> ZZ -> InZZo -> PewPew -> SPGC -> Havoc- -> CR -> Evil Dragons

(2003--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2015)

Post Fiend
    Congrats Expendables. You played this age on ur way and won it clean:). Yet I hope coming age will have more real fights since that's what uto is all about and makes it fun. Enjoy the break!

Veteran
    Honestly never understood how exploring means you won the age. I guess because it takes patients. What Spartans did was far more impressive but few of there wars where at best shady. Ed did a good job bottom feeding near the end. Manipulating there net to avoid warring anyone and hitting the high honor warring kingdoms. So yeah definitely a intrest ing age and definitely seemed long lol.
    Last edited by handofthrawn; 30-08-2015 at 13:44.

Meh, according to Godly it does not count right? Cause no one was really competing? :D

Quote Originally Posted by handofthrawn View Post
    Honestly never understood how exploring means you won the age.
    Because size is the main measure. Because holding the size isthe complicated part. Anyone can explore but it is very much harder to: 1)coordinate to make cows; 2)Have the discipline across ALL members of the kingdom to not waste the explore pool; 3) have the competence and/or ability to gain compliance across ALL kd members to be properly pumped and developed to obtain low risk gains; 4) having the skill to oppose other KD's that meet 1-3 above.

I guess because it takes patients.
    yes and discipline.

What Spartans did was far more impressive but few of there wars where at best shady.
    I did not follow what they did or did not do. However, no one ever wars all opponants without at least one of them crying foul. Thats war. boo hoo. Also, I have never seen a war crown that was not at least in part won by taking advantage of nub kingdom mistakes and preying on lesser gifted kingdoms (nor a land crown/honor crown/networth crown for that matter). No, the war crown is not a virtuous crown and the others are debased....

Ed did a good job bottom feeding near the end. Manipulating there net to avoid warring anyone and hitting the high honor true warring kingdoms. So yeah definitely a intrest ing age and definitely seemed long lol.
    thats the game.....
    Last edited by Sheister; 30-08-2015 at 13:49.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Post Fiend
    actually,

We were more than willing to war a kingdom of our size who had honor. Unfortunately we grew too big too fast the only kds left to fight us were sitting on 60k honor max. Even by beating them we'd either lose, or stay at the same general honor count. I'd be the first one to say "oow honor gains are way OP".

Spartans did end up fighting two kingdoms of low honour, but they were able to [somehow] manage to get wars with kds opting to do lots (or enough) of anon hits. I doubt we would've been so lucky. Who knows though, we didn't try.

Frankly, there is a good solid class of warring kingdoms who are up-and-coming. If they just opted to grow beyond 100k land before the last days of the age, there likely would have been more wars on our end.

Oh well, hats off to everyone

<3 ED <3 Spartans <3 CR

THREE AMIGOS! Helluva, Bart, Octo

TheMango, Zauper, et al get honourable shout outs from me because they helped ED with some diplo this age when FS and Confessions talks broke down respectively.
    redwood original. ben style.

KoC -> FAITH -> Identity Crisis -> andn00bs - > Reunion -> ZZ -> InZZo -> PewPew -> SPGC -> Havoc- -> CR -> Evil Dragons

(2003--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2015)

Needs to get out more
    Congratulations Expendables.
    Congratulations Ancient Spartans.
    Congratulations Evil Dragons.

The age got truly interesting near the end as I accumulated 3 kingdoms played in, for me. Invite mechanics(24hours, no aggression)forced me to lose Marquis which I plan on making up. I managed to attack 2 different kingdoms in the last 2 hours of the age in my newest province. Luckily we had a late CF agreement broken that allowed me a preemptive strike.

The awar was cool, but a bit short.

Now I have a new virtual kingdom to assemble. I'm still not sold on a good theme, but I'm working on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Congratulations to Expendables, ED, and to my kingdom mates in Sparta - was the best age and my last one for a bit.

Hit a few achievements this age after having our daughter in March, my province (Crenellations of Cyrilla, named after her) is now in the books for province honor crown, on top of a kingdom war crown. Feels good!

I would like to say that it is unfortunate about all the bad blood and pitchforking Sparta has gotten a few times throughout the age. We honestly just wanted to get 10 wars this age (I remember telling Bart/Heaven this was my desire and he stuck to it - 11 wars!). He led us fantastically, is very knowledgeable, and a pretty dangerous tactician. I wish Sparta the best of luck going into next age.

Keep on being awesome Utopia.

SPARTA!
    Last edited by revivemorrison; 30-08-2015 at 14:06.

Postaholic

§´¨h

Indeed, congrats to Expendibles and Spartans. Well done. Even though it was both a summer age and developed into an off age with large scale conflicts putting BB and Emeriti out of competition it was still rather curious. Spartans on amazing 11 wars, and Expendibles winning despite starting and playing most of the age with sub 25 players. Cool work!

Was fun. Personally never tried to go for honor before (save from a few failed "last week of the age attempts"), nor have ED (as a kd) as far as I know; so had to reinvent our game. Plan designed for a normal 12 week age, so got a bit slow towards the end. Kudos to unused ED players enduring some down time and OOW honor whoring. Sacrificing fast paced action for solid strategising towards the win. Also kudos for putting up with spammy and barking orders from a new ED player ;)

Now my break from my utopia break is over, so I'm back to being on a break ;) Have fun the coming age people. From whispers in the wind I've heard lots of interesting things are brewing.
    Last edited by Tadpole; 30-08-2015 at 14:53.
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Honestly never understood how exploring means you won the age. I guess because it takes patients. What Spartans did was far more impressive but few of there wars where at best shady. Ed did a good job bottom feeding near the end. Manipulating there net to avoid warring anyone and hitting the high honor warring kingdoms. So yeah definitely a intrest ing age and definitely seemed long lol.
    Because you do not understand that exploring alone doesn't get you to #1 mmmkay.

Congrats to the winnerz

Haterz will hate ;) Silly ghetto players don't get that all but a handfull of the provinces in the kingdom attacked up to where they ended up. Most were 12k+ acres with not a single explored acre in their province.

Congrats to Vivic for the land prov crown, congrats to hengz (?) for prov networth crown. Congrats to Spartans for their WW #1, ED for their honor win, and congrats to my KD mates, some of them crown virgins, for the KD land/nw :D Was a fun slacking age, we should do this again sometime!
    Proudly played in: Mystic Aura, FREE, Fellatio/Vae Victis, Nexus, Seasons, Dreams, Polar Bears/AMA
    Crowned with Seasons in age 37 (honor), 39 (nw/land) and 41 (nw/land)
    Crowned with Dreams in age 50 (KD nw/land)
    Crowned with AMA in age 59 (KD nw)
    Crowned with Expendables in age 65 (KD nw/land)
    Crowned with Cellos Republic in age 66 (KD nw/land)
    Now playing in: Canadian Rebellion (not to be confused with Cromulent Republic or Cellos Republic, obviously)

Thread Information