Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Updated munkbot system!

Forum Addict

Cool Updated munkbot system!

Hi all!

I'm happy to say I've finally moved from my 'sorta-crappy' one.com hosting to a dedicated VPS server!

I already feel the system is performing faster and this also means I expect I can handle even more kingdoms.

So if you have been interested in munkbot for your kingdom, then please contact me on IRC in the #munkbot channel!

See screenshots: http://umunk.net

I've had up to 400 active users these last months, and it seems that most, if not everyone, are happy with the system :) But don't take my word for it -- lots of munkbot users in #munkbot you can ask about pro/cons.

Finally -- for those who are hosting your own IRC python bots for munkbot. Since I've gotten some experience with VPS servers, I should be able to easily set up instances to host bots. If you're interested in not having the hassle of doing this yourself, let me know and I'll help set it up on a VPS.

Have a good age!

PS. I'll be enabling the TF a few days into the age, when I'm sure munkbot users have full coverage so it won't give indications of munkbot kds vs non-munkbot kds.
    umunk.net
    Contact me if you want munkbot (find me on irc or on email).

Forum Fanatic
    Thanks Munk!

As always, munkbot is the best option out there for hosting your kdsite and the server upgrade should fix the only problem it's had occasionally over the last few ages -- the server going down.

Thanks Munk!! You rock. Munkbot > stingernet.

Also Munk baby needs bananas so .donate everyone!!
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

Needs to get out more
    You guys are sophisticated enough to do this commercial style.

Zauper: My intel bot stinks.

Munk: Try mine. See the flavor crystals? They mean rich flavor.

Zauper: I'm sceptical.

Munk: Try it. Smell that aroma?

......ok, now you're turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

To quote Mink from last age:
    S T I N G E R N E T F T W
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Postaholic
    Win me over. We are so old school we are on pimp. Can old stubborn and ignorant sob's figure it out.

What's the learning curve for the kd?

Keep in mind, we are like most utopians and b!tch even if the colour changes. ;)
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

Needs to get out more
    It's pretty easy if I can navigate it, neanderthal. We had a guy in smercdj's kingdom handle the "thing". I have no idea what's going on as far as the tech(or any tech, including PEZ dispensers). I even do things the hard way and paste my stuff intel by finger. You have the option to have it direct injection from what I understand; it updates your intel without any extraneous actions.

Btw I love pimp, even when it's inaccurate.
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by neanderthal View Post
    Win me over. We are so old school we are on pimp. Can old stubborn and ignorant sob's figure it out.

Keep in mind, we are like most utopians and b!tch even if the colour changes. ;)
    Its pretty much self run, the "biggest issue" I guess is just to learn the commands. Otherwise you can just extensions in your browser to autosend everything from donating gold to dragon to making a attack. Also, get people to sign up for the bot is a ***** usually.

Forum Fanatic

I've found the learning curve to be fast for people familiar with intel sites and/or intel bots.

There are a lot of features built into the site -- simulators (what would my province look like if i did x / how deep can i train if i pumped gc for 2 weeks on extreme sci) kinds of things; wpa calculator for opponents, gains calculators, etc.

Just co-signing on the power of the munkbot. My kingdom, Settlers, is proud to be considered one of the first kingdoms to use the bot. Without, I don't think we would have grown into what we have now. I highly recommend it!

Postaholic
    And your entire kds have access to irc from the office???
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

We don't use irc. Munk actually took the time out of his day and set us up with slack. You not only get the bot but munks dedicated service. .donate
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

Forum Fanatic
    And your entire kds have access to irc from the office???
    When using the extension on your phone you can read and reply on irc via the bot. It also has sapp integrated (and slack /hipchat I think)

Postaholic
    I actually had a hipchat instance of the bot open up this age, so if there are any kds that want to migrate from irc to that I can help you out.

I would like to personally thank myself for being the top donator to munkbot. Without my continued support you would all be stuck using inferior tools.

Considering I haven't donated in probably six months or more I am surprised at the cheapness of people like zauper.

.donate
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Thread Information