Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dwarf Rogue vs Halfer Rogue...

Post Fiend

Dwarf Rogue vs Halfer Rogue...

Been a debate in the kingdom I reside in about this...I think its amusing cause to me under the right player they both can be equally beneficial to a warring kingdom..

Thought i would pose the question, which would ultimately be a better pick in the end run for a warring kingdom?

Post Fiend
    Halfer/rogue. +1 stealth = 25% more ops.

Dwarf/rogue would be able to abuse the TD quite badly and have better econ if you know how to play it right. Better for attacking but otherwise inferior to the halfling's bonus stealth. Halfers make better dragon killers too with their increased pop and 5 off specs.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by dieaready View Post
    Halfer/rogue. +1 stealth = 25% more ops.
    1.) It's 33% more :p
    2.) Dwarf/Rogue has +1 stealth/tick too

Dwarf/Rogue makes a better hybrid. Halfer makes a better tm. Neither are horrid decisions but what's a better pick comes down to what your kingdom needs more and how good the player is with running it.

Forum Fanatic
    They both have one thing in common:
    Being bad.

Run fae for rogues.

Post Fiend
    Okay so this also gets thrown around alot in our kingdoms discussion......but the +50% thievery success(tpa).....some think its +50% tpa and others think that it means just more success rate.....with a couple even thinking it means both....

Can anyone here clarify its exact meaning? might help matters a bit.

Forum Fanatic
    It's TPA.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    It technically means both. It's +50% TPA, which putting aside auto-fail mechanics, means you'll succeed about 50% more of the time.

Post Fiend
    So if one has say 400 thieves on 400 acres then its 1.5 tpa? guess i should of asked that more directly lol

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Correct.

Post Fiend
    Thank you! :)

Forum Fanatic
    dwarf/rogue is fail.
    halfer/rogue requires a feed setup but it's good (not necessarily ideal) if it can use ALL of it's racial advantages (not always a guarantee)

faeries are pretty crap for a ghetto. need to be in a good kingdom for faeries to really work now, to an extent that has always been the case. if you're in a good kingdom and your faeries are capable of tearing apart big defensive provs (basically, cows) then they're hugely good. in your average warring ghetto, faeries get farmed mercilessly for easy acres, from bigger kingdoms and from other ghettos, and if they do get shattered in war, rebuilding them is a ***** and a half. halfers at least can fall back to being pretty ****e but effective enough attacking provs.

if i ran a rogue in the ghetto, best just to pick halfer and deal with their weaknesses.
    the only reason i would pick a halfer this age is for rogue, any other function is better filled by other races.

the other rogue i might run in ghetto is elf/rogue, but then it's mostly for fun. if the ghetto can't crack the elf/rogue (and it's certainly possible), then the elf does something similar to elf/mystic - camp while attackers wear themselves out and bloat, op while staying ub, and pick up easy acres when no one can do anything about the elf.
    Last edited by noobium; 02-09-2015 at 00:48.

Regular
    "means you'll succeed about 50% more of the time"

lol

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Suur View Post
    "means you'll succeed about 50% more of the time"

lol
    Not sure what's funny. Been confirmed by Bishop

Regular
    You must have misunderstood him then. For example lets say I already have 90% success. So with +50% tpa that would be ?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RiffArt View Post
    I mean that +50% TPA would not mean you have +50% success rate on ops. While both are written in the changes, they are not equivalent.
    They are equivilant.
    I don't have access to the code, and don't have a particularly insightful knowledge of how op success is calculated, but I would have to venture a guess of 93.3333333333333% (10% failure rate/ 1.5)

Thread Information