Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2016

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums

Post Fiend
    You don't have to like Donald Trump, but you do realize that he is the best one to fix the economy. I'd also say he'd be best against terrorism, because as this campaign is showing, you hit him, he hits back quickly and very hard and doesn't give a rat's ass what you think about it. I have a feeling countries like North Korea and Iran will behave with his finger on the button. You will NOT see him bowing to a Muslim King or preaching from the Quran like our present President. Oh yeah, he calls it the Holy Quran while the Bible is just the Bible.
    Last edited by Wilmington; 05-12-2015 at 08:18.

Post Fiend
    The S&P would not multiply his money by 8000 now matter what you did.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilmington View Post
    but you do realize that he is the best one to fix the economy

The S&P would not multiply his money by 8000 now matter what you did.
    lol in your case it really is hard to get facts.

You just made my day.
    Last edited by freemehul; 05-12-2015 at 13:10.
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    The United Nations Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment, which is currently in force since June 26, 1987, provides a broad definition of torture.

Article 1.1 of the UN Convention Against Torture reads:
    thumbs up for you man :)

Quote Originally Posted by freemehul View Post
    thumbs up for you man :)
    Agreed, wish he'd have used one of the others though, because that definition has holes the size Scandinavia which you can get stuff through, more specifically "inherent in or incidental to lawful sanctions", so if the laws of a country, say Saudi Arabia said an acceptable punishment was to whip somebody in public then that's not torture because it's "inherent or incidental to lawful sanctions", another hole would be if I was an organisation, say Al Qaeda and connected a car battery to somebody's testicles etc without the permission of government officials of the state I was operating in that's also, not torture under that convention.

I much prefer either:

Quote Originally Posted by the 1975 Declaration of Tokyo, the World Medical Association.
    For the purpose of this Declaration, torture is defined as the deliberate, systematic or wanton infliction of physical or mental suffering by one or more persons acting alone or on the orders of any authority, to force another person to yield information, to make a confession, or for any other reason.
    or
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnesty Incernational
    Torture is the systematic and deliberate infliction of acute pain by one person on another, or on a third person, in order to accomplish the purpose of the former against the will of the latter.
    Both scores bonus points for brevity. Of course there will be no meaningful international Conventions against torture as long as nations including but not limited to China, Iran, Saudi Arabia etc are still around, because their definition of "lawful sanctions" include things which any sensible human being(which apparently excludes Donald Trump & handofthrawn amongst others) would recognize as torture.
    Last edited by Elldallan; 08-12-2015 at 13:16.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Scribe
    He isn't even President and is embarrassing us :( I hope y'all know not all Americans are willing to turn their backs on our Constitution like Mr. Trump does on a daily basis. There are too many supporters of that man but they are the minority. The media is just highlighting Mr.Trump to distract people until they push their actual pick for Republican Candidate. I don't like any of the others either but any of them would be better than Mr.Trump.

His newest idea of not allowing any Muslims to enter the US just shows his ignorance on how to lead a country. Any Utopia player knows that diplomacy is an important tool. Someone should explain the game to him before he turns the whole world against us.

Forum Fanatic
    I didnt know there were many left to turn

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Who will they pick to lose against Hillary? It's all so exciting!
    theHERETICS - Brute Force - Sonata - Dreams - The Pulsing Trollfags - The Expendables
    Visit my home for banned, neglected, and otherwise disenfranchised players on Discord!

Quote Originally Posted by octobrev View Post
    Who will they pick to lose against Hillary? It's all so exciting!
    or else they could get berned ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    I hope y'all know not all Americans are willing to turn their backs on our Constitution like Mr. Trump does on a daily basis.
    I have relatives in the states, some vote Democrat, some vote Republican. I know that not every cousin is doing that well with the economy these days, but heck even they know better than to vote for a man like Trump. Being the grandchildren of grandparents who survived WW2, where both the Republican and Democrat relatives were fed with the childhood stories about the Jews who hid in the hay attic, they know better than to vote for a mad tyrant who ignores a constitution. No matter how bad you may have it, there's some things you just won't do! Heck even fellow Republicans attack Trump on his trampling all over the constitution. And why wouldn't they? Save for the gun control issues you have (nobody's perfect), this constitution served your country and indeed the world, particularly Europe excellent. So that's not a piece of paper that you should shove aside so easily, like Trump does.

In case that last part about Europe was a bit too cryptic for ya. You might wanna check out the difference on how a democratic nation like the U.S. that upholds its constitution ratifies a unilateral treaty versus a totalitarian state, like lets say Nazi Germany. Because there's a humongous difference. ;)
    Last edited by freemehul; 11-12-2015 at 23:43.

I recommend taking this survey/quiz thing. Be sure to click "more stances" for more multiple choice options (even if your answer is a resounding yes/no). You can also click on "learn more" to get a quick description of the issue if you're not fully aware.

http://www.isidewith.com/

Another sort of shorter one is...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elec...atch-your-vote

I recommend taking both of them. You might find that you really do want Trump!

Just remember, it's not just about their ideas aligning with yours. It's also about will they be able to convince congress to do those things as well. Who up there is least naive, or most persuasive when it comes to bi-partisanship?
    For me
    On the either side most will be pretty good at convincing their own to do what they intend. I think Hillary Clinton will be best at getting some Republicans. On the other side, I think Trump would fail miserably at convincing Democrats as well as a good chunk of Republicans. Rand Paul would probably be best at efficiency on bi-partisanship. He's a true Republican, but he's got a decent head on his shoulders that align more with how Democrats think.

Furthermore, consider the idea that most of the Republican candidates want to basically revamp America. They want to tear it down and rebuild it.
    Now...think of the many things that you can do this with and when those are good things or bad things.

Utopia for example. A province/Kingdom that has been here to yr 13 (with no necessary 'end date'), maybe you've decided that things are a bit screwed up. So you have a few monarch/leader options. There are few with similar ideas as your previous monarch but with intentions to correct the existing problems in alignment with those same ideas. There are a few who say, nope - this KD is just f'd - let's all destroy our provinces and recreate them as different races/personalities. Sure, there may definitely be reasons for the former or latter. Just think about what it all entails.

Quote Originally Posted by freemehul View Post
    I don't vote democrat. Whether its republican or democrat they both support the death penalty, which I'm against. ;)

...admittedly safe for one exception and that's genocidal dictators, they're too disruptive to society and too dangerous to be kept alive, people like Saddam, Gaddafi, Ceausescu, Mussolini

But let me continue with what you call name calling. You are clearly bereft of any conscience and ethics. You lie, you are racist, you condone torture and genocide! Lets be frank this makes you a monster! You have no humanity whatsoever. You are absolutely disgusting.

I pointed out your lies, you won't admit those. You admittedly condone torture. You clearly have racist motives if you support Trump. And lets not dillydally around this one, working on a database for muslims is the first stage for enacting genocide. Islam is the second biggest religion in the world after Christianity. This means you don't want some millions to die in a holocaust, but 1.6 billion.

Either you are the worst troll ever to have been on this board, or you have some serious issues and basically just as tragic a human being as someone who joins Al Qaida or ISIS. Now I don't think for a minute that you will see the light here. I am just that cynical about human nature, because your ability to reflect upon yourself and your views is pisspoor. You are like Tojo, even when they were ready to hang him, he still couldn't see it (and neither does his granddaughter btw).

...But I am optimistic about one thing...

Let me point to chapter one of Sun Tzu, first of the seven conditions. Since you don't have any ethics and therefore not imbued with any morality whatsoever, you are therefore weak and you can be defeated! But I bet you don't see it that way. In your mind, making a scapegoat out of billions of muslims makes you feel strong. It probably makes you feel like you can handle your dead-end job, or unemployment, or huge debts, your sick or addicted brother/sister/father/mother or whatever causes you to be the way you are. You know what I pity you, you are tragic. It's sad that you think you can solve things that way, because never in the entire history has it solved anything. I wish people like you had the ability to apply rationality to heuristics. Because I predict to you, whatever you choose now, ultimately you are going to end up dissapointed and in a worse position than you are now! You are like the German Nazi-sympathiser in the breadline after the war, assuming the worst of the Americans, limping about in your bombed out city, only to wonder what happened and how you ended up like this and what might have been. Lets face it you were already defeated the minute you started.
    ouch - remember that sometimes arguing with those who aren't of the same...mind...as you can be irritating. But the end result of what you said is not going to work. You can't teach people by forcing them to do the right thing or think the way you think. Most of the time, people will learn on their own the hard way. It's best to simply give them your advice in the form of 2 or 3 cents and move on. And you don't need to go back and say I told you so later, either - not that you would necessarily, but they know already.

Scribe
    lol that survey thing is crap. Sorry ..i took it...and no, not a trump supporter BUT it said I agree 54% with his immigration policies lol if there is one thing I definitely don't agree with him on it's his immigration policies(there is plenty more but they are probably my main beef with him). The reason that happened is because all but I think 2 questions on immigration were about illegal immigrants.
    At any rate it doesn't matter since Donald is going to call his good buddy Bill and will have him shut down this here internet ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    lol that survey thing is crap. Sorry ..i took it...and no, not a trump supporter BUT it said I agree 54% with his immigration policies lol if there is one thing I definitely don't agree with him on it's his immigration policies(there is plenty more but they are probably my main beef with him). The reason that happened is because all but I think 2 questions on immigration were about illegal immigrants.
    At any rate it doesn't matter since Donald is going to call his good buddy Bill and will have him shut down this here internet ;)
    it's because of how the imm policy questions are worded -- it talks of illegal immigrants and such, did you select the "other stances" and the "learn more" - when I first took the survey I just hit yes/no then I realized those were there and my agree with trump stuff changed drastically.

Thread Information