Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I guess I need to start looking for a place in Canada :(
    actually a fallout shelter would be better. But just how you are going to survive a nuclear holocaust afterwards is beyond me. ;)
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    All those years of playing fallout has prepared me for this

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    All those years of playing fallout has prepared me for this
    lmao
    Last edited by freemehul; 09-08-2016 at 08:21.
    Corruption is a serious impediment to civil liberties.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/09/po...ond-amendment/
    Donald Trump set off a fierce new controversy Tuesday with remarks about the right to bear arms that were interpreted by many as a threat of violence against Hillary Clinton.
    "Hillary wants to abolish -- essentially the Second Amendment. By the way, if she gets to pick, if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know," Trump said.
    If they had somebody from a TV show say something like this, everybody would complain how ridiculously unbelievable the script was.

Also, if killed before the elections, Hillary would become a martyr and win. As a Dutchman, I've seen this happen in my own country. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pim_Fortuyn
    Last edited by Landro; 09-08-2016 at 21:47.
    This is my province. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My province is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My province, without me, is useless. Without my province, I am useless.
    I must attack hard with my province. I must attack harder than my enemy who is trying to pk me. I must pk him before he pk's me. I will...

Forum Fanatic
    This is news? The NRA has been feeding this trope for a long time, and it runs far back in USian history. You can tell the crowd was fired up and ready to complete Trump's thought for him, and he ran with it.

It's not an entirely unfounded threat either. Enough people will run to the hills if gun confiscation becomes a thing. It's a stupid policy the gun control people are running and you can rest assured it will target more defenseless people than violent criminals.

thrump will save USA :-)

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Landro View Post
    Also, if killed before the elections, Hillary would become a martyr and win. As a Dutchman, I've seen this happen in my own country.
    Maybe. On the other hand, there's also Jo Cox, who is far more easily compared to Clinton than Pim Fortuyn.

Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post
    This is news? The NRA has been feeding this trope for a long time, and it runs far back in USian history. You can tell the crowd was fired up and ready to complete Trump's thought for him, and he ran with it.

It's not an entirely unfounded threat either. Enough people will run to the hills if gun confiscation becomes a thing. It's a stupid policy the gun control people are running and you can rest assured it will target more defenseless people than violent criminals.
    Mainstream democrats don't generally talk about large-scale confiscation policies. If you google "Democrat" and "confiscation", you'll get huge numbers of right-wing propaganda sites coming up - which suggests that it's more of a GOP talking point than an actual Dem policy platform.

There's a HUGE space between the status quo of gun freedom that the right wing is seeking to maintain and enhance, versus total disarmament of the public that the GOP claims Obama is seeking. Pretty much the entire developed world occupies some part of this space.

Globally, mandatory gun control usually focuses on new distribution of firearms. Limiting what firearms are available for purchase or resale, who can purchase them, and what steps need to be taken prior to such a purchase, is pretty much the bread and butter of gun control...but grandfathering is common - making exceptions for the current owners of legally-purchased firearms.

To get guns off the streets, the standard practice internationally is to implement amnesty programs that compensate people for voluntarily turning in firearms, no questions asked. As far as 'confiscation' goes, that's generally limited to identified risks: For instance, when the City of Toronto wanted to enforce its by-laws by removing out-of-control weeds from a property where a reclusive and unstable armed person lived, the police were able to obtain a warrant to seize the guy's weapons first.

Here is the guy Trump is afraid of:

https://youtu.be/ShShAWQhbW0

I like to post

This is the American people after they vote trump in.

Forum Fanatic
    Trump isn't winning before Hell freezes over.

I like to post

This is the American people after they vote trump in.

Quote Originally Posted by noobium View Post
    Trump isn't winning before Hell freezes over.
    Similar things were said before. The glaciers in Hell are growing fast.

Demographics are insurmountable short of a full on bombing campaign .

And it is very difficult to bomb the US.

No Afro American will vote Trump.

Few Hispanics.

Not many women.

There aren't enough white males to pull it off, unless the US gets bombed to ****.

Which is unlikely.

Even bombing Germany/France to ****. (More likely) won't swing it.

Forum Fanatic
    *starts a "Poorly Educated White Males Against Trump" group.*

Thread Information