Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 LastLast

Thread: Trump 2016

Last edited by brandonc204; 11-10-2018 at 07:58.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonc204 View Post
    Most people fall somewhere in the middle of the political spectrum, but our parties have become so polarized on both sides the normal people can't get a word in.

Political disagreement is as old as time itself. In my opinion, the biggest issue is a general lack of tolerance on both sides for viewpoints other than your own.
    Agree. There was a interesting article I read once talking about how the 2 sides in the past would mingle after hours. They no longer do this anymore and imo is one of the reasons the 2 sides treat each other as enemies these days.
    It's the reason I don't use slanderous labels when talking about Republicans, Democrats, conservatives or liberals. When we do that we are shutting down discussion and are part of the problem.

Its not surprising that things cannot and will not be civil in the US...as Trump, specifically Trump VOTERS, represent everything wrong with society.

In a world where technology is advancing at a much faster pace than the comprehension skills of any typical conservative living in the US today, the developing world benefits from an ideology of inclusion and equality. The fear that has been created for 8 years from the constant fear-mongering of the radical right wing of US politics has just brainwashed the common, predominately white, uninformed and misinformed US voter.

When they try to claim that the message that Democrats lost was primarily about bring jobs back to an middle-class economy...the US was ALREADY seeing the best job growth with protections and regulations set by Democrats...however as the elections has shown it was less about how well the economy really was and more about what Clinton was did. It was more about the lost of white privilege and entitlement...since Obama basically gave all poor people "food stamps and free health care on the back of working Americans."

I live in California (LA Suburb) and I know middle-class and lower class white republicans too...and throughout these last 8 years they do not care about poking fun at the racial stereotypes or using racial overtones to express their displeasure with their old president. handofthrawn can also drop the charade when it comes to turning a blind eye to these truths...im sure he knows more people where he lives that are more racist and less subtle about it.

I'm sure those same ppl were panicking when a woman was looking to win the White House since most middle-age white men (that are republican) really don't believe women are qualified to hold major positions of power. You can even draw a correlation from the business world: Fortune 500 companies have less female CEOs than male CEOs.

The GOP have done nothing to help the economy or the middle-class in the first 2 months while in power...in fact they tried removing a healthcare law that would have cut the benefits for middle-class people while trying to roll back taxes on higher income earners and more importantly...are beginning to remove tons of regulations that will only benefited the bottom lines of companies.

I wonder how the middle-class will prosper when Trump provokes and participates in another world war after trying to strong-arm every respectable world leader except Putin?

Civility is not an option with people who purposely choose to believe in half-truths that are catered to them specifically...and respect cannot be given to people who do not wish to educate themselves.
    "Respect the one who defends his land with bravery;
    Honor the price he pays to fufill his duty."

-DonJuan, The Legendary KaMiKaZe King
    WhatsApp +16264286874 | SC2/D3 BattleNet: DonJuan5420 | PSN: DonJuan5420

Age 54: #1 Land KD (HaLL of Heroes)
    Age 54: #1 NW KD (HaLL of Heroes)

Age 81: #1 Honor KD (The Faery Circle)
    Age 81: #1 WW KD (The Faery Circle)
    The Tactical Technical Institute

Veteran
    Don Juan is right Democrats have drawn a line in the sand. Anyone that doesn't believe exactly like them are deplorable and they don't want our vote. Hence why the Democrat party as a whole is done in the next 10 years. As for the entire life isn't fair non sense Democrats spew everywhere just doesn't fly with me. Women do not deserve any special treatment when it comes to getting jobs. It's like anything in life you choose your priorities and most of the time woman choose to have children. It's hard to become a CEO of a company while raising kids.

As for Obama I voted for him, but he did the opposite of what he promised. Race had absolutely nothing to do with hatred for Obama in most circles. It's the fact he didn't do anything he promised to do and every policy he did was a failure.

Comes down to the fact Democrats have become a fascist party. You have to believe exactly like them or they will intimidate, attack and even physically assault you. Why I said Democrats days are numbered in the USA because we put freedom above all else and don't vote for fascism.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You know it's 2017 right? Last time I checked, the decision to have kids and start a family is made by 2 people, not just women. You know fathers are responsible for raising children too right? You know that declaring that women choose to start families over focusing on work is incredibly unfair to women that choose to work over starting a family....

Oh who am I kidding, no you don't.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    You know it's 2017 right? Last time I checked, the decision to have kids and start a family is made by 2 people, not just women. You know fathers are responsible for raising children too right? You know that declaring that women choose to start families over focusing on work is incredibly unfair to women that choose to work over starting a family....

Oh who am I kidding, no you don't.
    I have traveled the world and lived in many states. One was Washington State where I met a few stay at home dad's. With very successful wives but it isn't the norm and come with many challenges. Men and Women are biologically different and emotionally different. That's just a scientific fact but I am sure you don't care about that...... CEO's are the best of the best in there field generally speaking. Taking any time off, including having a family puts you behind your competitors male or female. It's a complicated issue but this entire sexist mentality is just non sense in 2017. Don't get me wrong, I am sure their are a few sexist people out there. That base job to gender but it's not wide spread or a problem to me seeing it's a free country. I know of a few companies run by woman that only hire women. Thing is alot of people play the gender card as a excuse, same goes for the race card or Religion card. It's human nature to make excuses when faced with failure. One of my best friends came to me saying he couldn't get a job. No matter how hard he tried because he was black. Which I said was non sense their had to be another reason and he needed to check his credit score and criminal history. Sure enough come to find out someone at the court house accidentally put a felony on his record. Two months later after getting it off his record he started working three jobs with companies fighting over him. Moral of the story sins of the fathers shouldn't be put on the children. I believe most Americans have moved passed alot of the racism, sexist and bigotry of the past.
    Last edited by handofthrawn; 05-04-2017 at 11:41.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by handofthrawn View Post
    I believe most Americans have moved passed alot of the racism, sexist and bigotry of the past.
    You are the walking embodiment of not only why this is not true, but why people think it is true.

Women do not deserve any special treatment when it comes to getting jobs. It's like anything in life you choose your priorities and most of the time woman choose to have children. It's hard to become a CEO of a company while raising kids.
    I believe most Americans have moved passed alot of the racism, sexist and bigotry of the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    You are the walking embodiment of not only why this is not true, but why people think it is true.

I agree with Palem. How you can say you believe most Americans have moved beyond sexism and bigotry immediately following your statement that women don't deserve special treatment in getting jobs is beyond me. The fact that you even think it's about women getting special treatment in getting jobs shows that you have not moved beyond the sexism and bigotry of the past.

I hope you and your sexist mentality and all its ensuing nonsense are very happy together.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlilwitch View Post
    I agree with Palem. How you can say you believe most Americans have moved beyond sexism and bigotry immediately following your statement that women don't deserve special treatment in getting jobs is beyond me. The fact that you even think it's about women getting special treatment in getting jobs shows that you have not moved beyond the sexism and bigotry of the past.

I hope you and your sexist mentality and all its ensuing nonsense are very happy together.
    So you basically you want women to have more rights? A Man and women go into a job interview they should have the exact same chance to get the job. They should be treated the same also. There should be zero special treatment to either person. Most qualified gets the job.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    A Man and women go into a job interview they should have the exact same chance to get the job.
    I agree. Unfortunately that isn't the case.

The argument isn't that women need more rights than men. It's that women need more rights than they currently have.

So you basically you want women to have more rights? A Man and women go into a job interview they should have the exact same chance to get the job. They should be treated the same also. There should be zero special treatment to either person. Most qualified gets the job.
    I absolutely want women to have more rights. You see it as "special treatment" but what it's actually called is "equal rights".

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlilwitch View Post
    I absolutely want women to have more rights. You see it as "special treatment" but what it's actually called is "equal rights".
    In America by law women have more rights in the work place. Biggest one is paternity leave, but there are other rules and regulations that protect women. If your talking about the wage myth. Any real study has come to the conclusion that once the baby boomers retire from there senior positions in companies that the wage gap will shrink and eventually disappear. But you can't expect companies to fire or replace these people with seniority. Also you can't expect a new employee to make the same amount as a employee who has been with the company for thirty years. Everything takes time 😉

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    The wage myth that you just confirmed actually does exist and will continue to shrink as old entitled men die off lol

You're complaining about protections that stop women from getting screwed because they "lost" the coin flip of gender. Just take a moment and reflect on that. No one should be discriminated against for anything that's not related to the job they're applying for. That's what all these laws and protections aim to stop, which is a notion you claim to support.

Regular
    In America by law women have more rights in the work place. Biggest one is paternity leave, but there are other rules and regulations that protect women. If your talking about the wage myth. Any real study has come to the conclusion that once the baby boomers retire from there senior positions in companies that the wage gap will shrink and eventually disappear. But you can't expect companies to fire or replace these people with seniority. Also you can't expect a new employee to make the same amount as a employee who has been with the company for thirty years. Everything takes time 😉
    1st off, not just women are entilted to paternity leave. Men can also get paternity leave.
    2nd Paternity leave is a social responsibility. We as a society want parents to be with their child in the earliest stages of their development. Those 1st few weeks of having a baby is hell and we should support them any way we can.
    No that is not going to close the wage gap. Your dreaming. The wage gap is more from blue collar jobs going to automation. Something like 80% of jobs lost is due to automation. So your left with owners and low wage 'service' jobs. The wage gap will just continue to grow.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Its not surprising that things cannot and will not be civil in the US...as Trump, specifically Trump VOTERS, represent everything wrong with society.

In a world where technology is advancing at a much faster pace than the comprehension skills of any typical conservative living in the US today, the developing world benefits from an ideology of inclusion and equality. The fear that has been created for 8 years from the constant fear-mongering of the radical right wing of US politics has just brainwashed the common, predominately white, uninformed and misinformed US voter.

When they try to claim that the message that Democrats lost was primarily about bring jobs back to an middle-class economy...the US was ALREADY seeing the best job growth with protections and regulations set by Democrats...however as the elections has shown it was less about how well the economy really was and more about what Clinton was did. It was more about the lost of white privilege and entitlement...since Obama basically gave all poor people "food stamps and free health care on the back of working Americans."

I live in California (LA Suburb) and I know middle-class and lower class white republicans too...and throughout these last 8 years they do not care about poking fun at the racial stereotypes or using racial overtones to express their displeasure with their old president. handofthrawn can also drop the charade when it comes to turning a blind eye to these truths...im sure he knows more people where he lives that are more racist and less subtle about it.

I'm sure those same ppl were panicking when a woman was looking to win the White House since most middle-age white men (that are republican) really don't believe women are qualified to hold major positions of power. You can even draw a correlation from the business world: Fortune 500 companies have less female CEOs than male CEOs.

The GOP have done nothing to help the economy or the middle-class in the first 2 months while in power...in fact they tried removing a healthcare law that would have cut the benefits for middle-class people while trying to roll back taxes on higher income earners and more importantly...are beginning to remove tons of regulations that will only benefited the bottom lines of companies.

I wonder how the middle-class will prosper when Trump provokes and participates in another world war after trying to strong-arm every respectable world leader except Putin?

Civility is not an option with people who purposely choose to believe in half-truths that are catered to them specifically...and respect cannot be given to people who do not wish to educate themselves.

The BEST growth?!? WHERE was that growth when I was laid off in 2015? Where was that job growth when my husband was looking for work in his field and was only able to get a job with the city picking up garbage in city parks. Where was that growth when I was turned down for jobs simply because I do not speak SPANISH?!? I was only recently in the last few days been able to find work, AFTER Trump was elected President.

You may not like the man, having met him a couple of times at entrepreneur meet and greets, he is quite the abrasive man. Carries Purell with him everywhere and does not like to shake hands. (He comes off as Autistic and OCD, which do go hand in hand.)

Honestly, the only reason Obama ended up becoming President in the first place is because Republicans did the same thing as they did with Trump, "Can't be any worse than the other guy." (Honestly I felt Manchurian Candidate with him all 8 yrs)...

What people fail to remember is that no candidate for President tells the truth, they all tell half truths and they all tell half lies.

In regards to a Woman running for President, the consensus has been, any woman, NOT THAT WOMAN! If the Democratic party had run ANYONE ELSE besides CLINTON, they MIGHT have had a chance at another 4-8 years. Face it, the Democratic party messed up on this ticket. Honestly, if they had run Bernie, they would have won. (Even my husband and I who are devout Republican would have voted for Bernie Sanders.) There were Republicans that were PISSED because he was overlooked for the office.

Your seething towards Republicans (without you even saying you were from CA) was an instant tell for me that was MOST LIKELY the state you lived in. Too many Californians seem to forget that there are 50, yes FIFTY states within the US, not just your stolen (yes stolen, I'm from TX and learned CA history because it used to be all one parcel) from Mexico plot of land and that really cannot self sustain. Can you imagine what would happen to CA if NV, UT, NM and TX cut off your energy supplies? Your water supplies? California would not have a leg to stand on for quite some time, despite what they believe.

So, keep up the tantrums, all they are doing for me now is providing quite a bit of comedy relief because of over reaction and no knowledge of history the CA and that think that they know what the rest of the Union wants for them instead of listening to them. Not all of us want a nanny...Thanks, but no thanks.

Thread Information