Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast

Thread: Trump 2016

Last edited by brandonc204; 11-10-2018 at 07:16.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by greendragon2000 View Post
    The BEST growth?!? WHERE was that growth when I was laid off in 2015? Where was that job growth when my husband was looking for work in his field and was only able to get a job with the city picking up garbage in city parks. Where was that growth when I was turned down for jobs simply because I do not speak SPANISH?!? I was only recently in the last few days been able to find work, AFTER Trump was elected President.
    You understand that correlation does not imply causation right? The fact that you found work after Trump was elected doesn't mean that you found work because Trump was elected. Given how short into his term he is, I doubt Trump really deserves much credit to your employment unless you work in the coal industry or something. Likewise, just because it was a hard time for you, that doesn't mean it's been a hard time for everyone. You're free to research job growth rates if you want and I suggest you do it quickly. As quickly as our Internet rights are being stripped from us, such activities might quickly become a less-than-trivial task.

What people fail to remember is that no candidate for President tells the truth, they all tell half truths and they all tell half lies.
    And what you're failing to realize is that Trump doesn't tell half lies. He tells whole lies. And he does it far more frequently than any president that we have such information on.
    Last edited by Palem; 06-04-2017 at 11:25.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    You understand that correlation does not imply causation right? The fact that you found work after Trump was elected doesn't mean that you found work because Trump was elected. Given how short into his term he is, I doubt Trump really deserves much credit to your employment unless you work in the coal industry or something. Likewise, just because it was a hard time for you, that doesn't mean it's been a hard time for everyone. You're free to research job growth rates if you want and I suggest you do it quickly. As quickly as our Internet rights are being stripped from us, such activities might quickly become a less-than-trivial task.

And what you're failing to realize is that Trump doesn't tell half lies. He tells whole lies. And he does it far more frequently than any president that we have such information on.
    Trump left the tpp trade deal, which saved many companies in America. One was the scrap steel industry. Tpp took the tariff off foreign steal coming into America. Dropped scrap metal from 250 dollars a ton to 40 dollars. People lost millions over night, companies folded because of Hillary Clinton and Obama. Anyways if all Trump accomplishes is redo nafta, remove stupid EPA regulations and gets us out of all dumb trade deals I will be happy. But I am sure he will fix healthcare, taxes and seal off the border. Yes company's are become alot more confident and comfortable under President Trump then Obama. I am preparing to hire more employees soon and I haven't hired in 10 years.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I'd hate to break it to you, but you probably weren't uncomfortable with Obama because of his impact on the economy. It probably had more to do with believing a false narrative that he was a Kenyan born, Muslim, terrorist that was establishing Sharia law across the US and systematically destroying the economy from the inside out for the glory of Allah.

All data I've seen suggests that Obama had a positive impact on the economy (at least as a whole, obviously different industries will grow and shrink with changing policy). Job growth was up. Unemployment was down. He bailed out the auto industry (which i disagreed with at the time) and saved potentially hundreds of thousands of jobs and had the bailout money paid back before he left office. If you want people to embellish your baseless "reality" where Obama was train wreck for the economy is suggest you join your Russian comrades on Breitbart.

Veteran
    I'd hate to break it to you, but you probably weren't uncomfortable with Obama because of his impact on the economy. It probably had more to do with believing a false narrative that he was a Kenyan born, Muslim, terrorist that was establishing Sharia law across the US and systematically destroying the economy from the inside out for the glory of Allah.

All data I've seen suggests that Obama had a positive impact on the economy (at least as a whole, obviously different industries will grow and shrink with changing policy). Job growth was up. Unemployment was down. He bailed out the auto industry (which i disagreed with at the time) and saved potentially hundreds of thousands of jobs and had the bailout money paid back before he left office. If you want people to embellish your baseless "reality" where Obama was train wreck for the economy is suggest you join your Russian comrades on Breitbart.
    Nope it cost my business alot of money to stay compliant to all federal regulations. Obama passed so many regulations it would make your head spin if you owned a business. Plus it was constantly changing with all his executive orders. So instead of hiring people I was spending money on bull**** regulations. One of the reasons why I regretted voting for him the first time.

Regular

Nope, seeing as my FIL and MIL had a thriving business until 2011 (AFTER Obama opened up the NAFTA floodgates) and had to shutter their business because of their contracts moving to Mexico, I do not like him. He had no positive impact on the economy, all he did was give the banks money that could have gone elsewhere. The too big to fail needed to fail. These banks need to be broken up and monitored every step of the way. No president will do that, however.

Unemployment was not down, (I used to be one of those ADP Data miners that the government uses. I know how it works.) The unemployment numbers do not include those that stopped looking, or ended up taking jobs making less than they did originally. They also do not take into account people that were forced to take on part time jobs to just make ends meet.

Sorry, taking one full time job and making it three part time jobs does not count as job growth.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Why the hell would someone taking a job that pays less than their previous job be considered unemployed? Having a lower paying job is 1,000,000x better than remaining unemployed unless you're in a situation where you're not financially dependent on future paychecks. Also, the decline in available workforce can easily be explained by more and more baby boomers reaching retirement and leaving the work force. That's a statistic that will continue to shrink regardless of who is in office until the baby boomers are no longer a relevant age group to report on. To claim that Obama had absolutely no positive impact on the economy is just such a stupidly narrow opinion that you should be embarrassed for yourself.

According to Bloomberg, Obama had a slightly positive impact on the economy. Nothing, great and nothing horrible. Shows a good break down of the pros and cons of his administration.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...cord-stacks-up

The New Yorker gave a pretty decent overview on the successes and failures of Obama's economy, and came to a similar conclusion of Bloomberg, saying "Looking at this record, most fair-minded people would surely give Obama a positive report card."

http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-c...-an-assessment

(I'm not sure if the New Yorker has any significant bias, so I'll throw in another)According to CBS, "In dollars and cents terms, President Obama’s record parallels his mild campaign slogan eight years ago: solid but unspectacular."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/barack-o...y-a-mixed-bag/

Hell, even Fortune, who has been extremely critical of Obama's economy concedes he did some good things for the economy

http://fortune.com/2016/01/12/obama-economy-charts/

Or are you gonna tell me that your in-laws are more credible sources on economic impact of presidential policies?

Last edited by brandonc204; 11-10-2018 at 07:33.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by greendragon2000 View Post
    Nope, seeing as my FIL and MIL had a thriving business until 2011 (AFTER Obama opened up the NAFTA floodgates) and had to shutter their business because of their contracts moving to Mexico, I do not like him. He had no positive impact on the economy, all he did was give the banks money that could have gone elsewhere. The too big to fail needed to fail. These banks need to be broken up and monitored every step of the way. No president will do that, however.

Unemployment was not down, (I used to be one of those ADP Data miners that the government uses. I know how it works.) The unemployment numbers do not include those that stopped looking, or ended up taking jobs making less than they did originally. They also do not take into account people that were forced to take on part time jobs to just make ends meet.

Sorry, taking one full time job and making it three part time jobs does not count as job growth.
    Wait a minute. The bank bailouts were enacted under Bush, not Obama. Obama bailed out the Auto industry and that saved millions of jobs.

Last edited by brandonc204; 11-10-2018 at 07:07.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by brandonc204 View Post
    Bush started the auto bailouts, Obama wrapped them up once he took office. It was a true bipartisan mess.

The bank bailouts were all G.W though. lol
    True, but the Bush administration was simply writing them checks and asking nothing in return. Obama did the restructuring. Bush bailed them out and Obama fixed them.

Veteran
    Policy matters and you won't find hardly anyone that actually thought GW Bush did anything right. It lost the Republicans the house, Senate and President for his failures. Problem for Democrats is Trump's policies are rock solid and it terrifies them. Why they are on a mission to smear him on a non existing Russian connection. I mean he just attacked Syria in response to the chemical weapons attack. Keep up the good work Mr President.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    There is a giant list of things that are terrifying people about Trump's policies, but the daft idea of them being "solid" is not on that list.

Keep the spin up comrade!

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by handofthrawn View Post
    Policy matters and you won't find hardly anyone that actually thought GW Bush did anything right. It lost the Republicans the house, Senate and President for his failures. Problem for Democrats is Trump's policies are rock solid and it terrifies them. Why they are on a mission to smear him on a non existing Russian connection. I mean he just attacked Syria in response to the chemical weapons attack. Keep up the good work Mr President.
    Trumps policies are 'rock solid'? Iol. Is that why the supreme court keeps knocking down his travel ban? Is that why he can get a replacement for Obama care passed? Is that why we are now going to pay for his wall? Is that why land owners on the border are saying we don't want a wall?
    Yet when Obama bombed republicans complained.

That attack just cost us 50 million dollars in cruise missles alone... Yet we are gonna cut taxes. Where is all this cash for everything he has promised, plus another war now gonna come from?

I thought having better relations with Russia was a good thing in your opinion. Well, he just blew that one out of the water as well.
    Last edited by Swirvin'Birds; 07-04-2017 at 23:26.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Swirvin'Birds View Post
    Trumps policies are 'rock solid'? Iol. Is that why the supreme court keeps knocking down his travel ban? Is that why he can get a replacement for Obama care passed? Is that why we are now going to pay for his wall? Is that why land owners on the border are saying we don't want a wall?
    Yet when Obama bombed republicans complained.

That attack just cost us 50 million dollars in cruise missles alone... Yet we are gonna cut taxes. Where is all this cash for everything he has promised, plus another war now gonna come from?

I thought having better relations with Russia was a good thing in your opinion. Well, he just blew that one out of the water as well.
    1st. Supreme Court has not ruled on that yet. That was federal courts from liberal states that will probably be disbarred.

2nd. Obamacare took two years, Trump almost replaced it in two months but the bill needs some work.

3rd. Wall will be payed for by Mexican government. But it will take time and pressure on them to make them bend.

4th. Obama bombed no one on Assad regime inside Syria, he drew a red line and Assad crossed it. Obama did nothing. Lol

5th. We have so many missiles stock piled that 59 missiles isn't **** lol.

6th. Democrats are hypocrites to the core, is Trump a agent of Putin like they say or are you scared he is pissing them off? So confused at the stance of Democrats it seriously changes daily anymore. All Trump did was spank assad like a child putting him back in line. Unlike Obama who did well nothing about anything. ��
    Last edited by handofthrawn; 08-04-2017 at 01:25.

Thread Information