View Poll Results: Restart from beginning of protection?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

48 52.17%
  • No

44 47.83%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Roll back age

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    lol this thread is delivering
    has no one blamed Simians yet? Dibs!

Scribe
    I am okay with either way just as long as it starts again soon. This is not the best way to retain new players or old players for that matter :( As far as advantage, adapt and overcome!

I feel that the age should just do a complete complete restart, with different spawn locations.

Also, would be good if the devs give a credit to each player!

Utopia is just social text-based chess/poker/starcraft/trading
    There is only 1 important strategy in Utopia. Game Theory

Age 57-63 : Pyromaniacs co-leader
    Age 64: Retired ghetto (Sillies)
    Age 65: Retired warring ghetto (Sillies X)

To be continued...

-
    Dont be a retail investor/trader. You will lose shinies.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    I feel that the age should just do a complete complete restart, with different spawn locations.

WHO do you think you are?

Coming here and asking for Good treatment of your costemers?? with that right do you ask this ??

You can not just walk in here, and claim to be reanable treated!! This is utopia - not any kind of game! there is a reason to why the playerbase is going ever smaller!

Coming here with your lotic and reason! baah

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post

I agree.

I am pretty sure this poll will be 50/50 because some lost advantages while others gained it.
    Those that gained advantage by this will not want to restart. But its unfair to those that is at disadvantage over this.

Most fair for all is a complete restart.
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Post Fiend
    anyone who got hit just can hit back. Don't see any real problem there

The problem with restarting without reassigning locs is that some kingdoms waved others OOP, and if you restart the silly nubs who weren't prepared in the first place can prepare themselves now ;)

Also, this is obviously Floggers fault ;)
    Proudly played in: Mystic Aura, FREE, Fellatio/Vae Victis, Nexus, Seasons, Dreams, Polar Bears/AMA
    Crowned with Seasons in age 37 (honor), 39 (nw/land) and 41 (nw/land)
    Crowned with Dreams in age 50 (KD nw/land)
    Crowned with AMA in age 59 (KD nw)
    Crowned with Expendables in age 65 (KD nw/land)
    Crowned with Cellos Republic in age 66 (KD nw/land)
    Now playing in: Canadian Rebellion (not to be confused with Cromulent Republic or Cellos Republic, obviously)

Quote Originally Posted by nameisis View Post
    anyone who got hit just can hit back. Don't see any real problem there
    Under a normal mechanic, kingdom A gets all its troops on at OOP, they fight through the lag on the server, deal with lost ops from all the "Oops" the frustrations of having to navigate through the network inefficiencies and all the rest. Then manage to get their troops out. then some 7 hrs later people show up and start hitting.....

Under current mechanic: kingdom A gets all its troops on at OOP, they fight through the lag on the server, deal with lost ops from all the "Oops" the frustrations of having to navigate through the network inefficiencies and all the rest. Then manage to get their troops out, Then as late as 24 hrs later people show up and start hitting, except its not 24 hrs later it ALL happens in ONE hour...

And you don't think that is unfair? There is an assumption of risk when you attack based on how long you are exposed to attack. This crap has thrown all of that out the window. It is completely unfair to all the kingdom A's out there.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    Under a normal mechanic, kingdom A gets all its troops on at OOP, they fight through the lag on the server, deal with lost ops from all the "Oops" the frustrations of having to navigate through the network inefficiencies and all the rest. Then manage to get their troops out. then some 7 hrs later people show up and start hitting.....

Under current mechanic: kingdom A gets all its troops on at OOP, they fight through the lag on the server, deal with lost ops from all the "Oops" the frustrations of having to navigate through the network inefficiencies and all the rest. Then manage to get their troops out, Then as late as 24 hrs later people show up and start hitting, except its not 24 hrs later it ALL happens in ONE hour...

And you don't think that is unfair? There is an assumption of risk when you attack based on how long you are exposed to attack. This crap has thrown all of that out the window. It is completely unfair to all the kingdom A's out there.
    well said

Enthusiast
    Even though i hate oop and i got through it once again, i agree it should reset with new locs

We have no plans to reset anything right now.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Enthusiast

Of course its giving those guys a disadvantage and its annoying to hit through the lag, I don't think anyone could say otherwise. However it happens often during the age without reimbursement and at great cost to many kds. Arguably they get more hard done by because the game misses a few ticks and then does them all at once which can be much worse.

The only difference is that those that lose out now are the top and more active kds. They are the ones that tend to login early and through the lag so they are the ones who will have to deal with this problem. Taking the challenge is better than another weak off utopia.

We know that Bishop, but this thread is about why you SHOULD.

Quote Originally Posted by lampost View Post
    Of course its giving those guys a disadvantage and its annoying to hit through the lag, I don't think anyone could say otherwise. However it happens often during the age without reimbursement and at great cost to many kds. Arguably they get more hard done by because the game misses a few ticks and then does them all at once which can be much worse.

The only difference is that those that lose out now are the top and more active kds. They are the ones that tend to login early and through the lag so they are the ones who will have to deal with this problem. Taking the challenge is better than another weak off utopia.
    Except this is done AT THE BEGINNING before anyone has invested anything, so it is almost completely not disadvantaging the less competitive kingdoms and those that have not logged in. Except that it is done AT THE BEGINNING where initial moves are more critical to one segment of the game than others. EXCEPT also that this was done by COMPLETE NEGLIGENCE in coding by the developers. Mistakes happen, but then you should do what is the best correction not put the onus on others to "take the challenge".

Also, this would not take another week. They can set freeze time for whatever length they want. It can reset and be going again in 48 hrs with a Monday OOP.
    Last edited by Sheister; 04-09-2015 at 13:14.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

We know that Bishop, but this thread is about why you SHOULD.
    I don't see any compelling argument why we should.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

I know that, and others do to. This is where we disagree and discuss the bases of our disagreement.

Thread Information