Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: thank you devs

thank you devs

all this complaining and blaming the devs or blaming bishop is all bull crap. i want to say thank you. you people dont have to take the time out of your lives to give us this game. its because of you that we still have a utopia to come to. i think people forget about all the friends we have made through the years and the friends we will make in the coming ages. so again. thank you for taking the time and giving us our utopia. with all the bugs and glitches and exciting drama.
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

I think Chrystal is dumb as rocks (some of you know of her passion for razing into wars and being a douche) but I agree with some of her sentiments here. I certainly enjoy and appreciate the game as well as your work. Though many users do actually pay money for credits (such as myself) and I believe they deserve a bug free game experience.

our kd spends mucho shinies between credits and munkbot. yet we are just happy that utopia is here for another age. not everyone is perfect. even the utopian gods make mistakes. they still sheister play for example.
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

Postaholic
    I just hope this is not the PLUG puller time, and we log onto a black screen from now until forever.

So much ungratefulness in these forums.
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

Veteran
    *yawn*

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    As someone that's consistently mistaken as someone on the dev/support team, Thank you :p

As someone that's consistently mistaken as someone on the dev/support team, Thank you :p
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Leet View Post
    I think Chrystal is dumb as rocks (some of you know of her passion for razing into wars and being a douche) but I agree with some of her sentiments here. I certainly enjoy and appreciate the game as well as your work. Though many users do actually pay money for credits (such as myself) and I believe they deserve a bug free game experience.
    Dude, it's 2015. Bug free game experiences don't exist anymore :P

Post Fiend
    As someone that's consistently mistaken for me beans teddy, thank you :p

I like Utopia! I agree with the thanks big time! However...isn't there a way we can involve more people in the development team? I mean, there's got to be at least 5 nerds of our 4K community. Just saying...

Complaining does not mean a lack of thanks, it is an expression of discontent with the state of the product.

The Dev's engaged in this enterprise to make money. They may not make much at it, but such is the nature of investment. Naturally there are three ways to treat an investment. You can work at it diligently to make it grow and flourish. You can hope to sit on it doing minimal work to maintain or improve the investment and hope it maintains its value. You can sit around and do almost nothing, let the asset dwindle away to nothing and hope you can, in the end liquidate it for some minimal gain and thereby suck it dry for some net gain before it ceases to be.

/me shrugs.

This is an investment for them not a favor to us.

That said, I am thankful that the game still runs and I can enjoy it. I would be more thankful if it was less buggy, more fair, and generally more reliable.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    Complaining does not mean a lack of thanks, it is an expression of discontent with the state of the product.

The Dev's engaged in this enterprise to make money. They may not make much at it, but such is the nature of investment. Naturally there are three ways to treat an investment. You can work at it diligently to make it grow and flourish. You can hope to sit on it doing minimal work to maintain or improve the investment and hope it maintains its value. You can sit around and do almost nothing, let the asset dwindle away to nothing and hope you can, in the end liquidate it for some minimal gain and thereby suck it dry for some net gain before it ceases to be.

/me shrugs.

This is an investment for them not a favor to us.

That said, I am thankful that the game still runs and I can enjoy it. I would be more thankful if it was less buggy, more fair, and generally more reliable.
    This is hardly a investment for them, they have no need for it to make "good money" or such. As long as it doesnt bleed them money will keep it up. So in the end its more of a favor to us rather than a investment. Cause lets face it, its a poor investment. :)

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Cause lets face it, its a poor investment. :)
    Just ask Dylan *insert insane and hysterical laughter*

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    Complaining does not mean a lack of thanks
    You called them "completely negligent" and even implied that they might be "thieves", lol. Such warm and fuzzy sentiments of gratitude!

Needs to get out more
    I was talking to one of our second shift guys about Utopia. He was telling me about the online games he's played, and apparently it often degenerates into 'pay to play'. There is no game he returns to yet. I could go on about fundamentals.

I've gamed long enough to know that eventually we return home. It's nostalgia and pragmatism. You find the ceiling on mechanics, get frustrated, look around, lay the same path of destruction everywhere else, and then you grow up. In my gaming group it's interesting to observe: we play a lot of games, but we all return for D&D. Not only that, but the last campaign the group played all the way through to retirement. This was years in the making.

It comes around where it's no longer the meta but the art of your expression. This is why I enjoy playing Utopia sans tools. It was my first online game. My youth was spent in an analog world where I honed my style. I'm but a step off pencils, paper and dice.
    This doesn't mean I don't appreciate the effort, and especially the art, of players like munk, stinger, Bijo and many others. What they do is born in the reality of the digital age. So good that many players refuse to play in kingdoms without certain tools of their liking. That speaks volumes. Never forget to appreciate the person; they are nobles among us.

For a game to be attractive enough for me to return it has to have made an impression. For that I thank the devs for keeping Utopia alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information