Thread: What's with all the farms this age ?

Veteran

What's with all the farms this age ?

We are 21 in the kd.... every time we kill a farm another one takes it place. And we kill again, and again and again.

I mean seriosly... in this game with so few players left and all old players... why the need to cheat after all these years of utopia... ?
    What kind of satisfaction can this still give to ppl ?
    ----
    And of course I hope the devs can keep a closer eye on these things...
    FLATLINERS TLG KLA

Postaholic
    22 is the magic number. Started last age.
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
    We are 21 in the kd.... every time we kill a farm another one takes it place. And we kill again, and again and again.

I mean seriosly... in this game with so few players left and all old players... why the need to cheat after all these years of utopia... ?
    What kind of satisfaction can this still give to ppl ?
    ----
    And of course I hope the devs can keep a closer eye on these things...
    People join a kingdom, see that all the kingdom is doing is kill people and then leave. They aren't cheating in the vast majority of cases. Stop wasting time killing people, they will autoabandon anyway and you can delete them easily. Also consider reaching out to them to assist in case they are new.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Post Fiend
    People join a kingdom, see that all the kingdom is doing is kill people and then leave. They aren't cheating in the vast majority of cases. Stop wasting time killing people, they will autoabandon anyway and you can delete them easily. Also consider reaching out to them to assist in case they are new.
    This...

We have gotten most of our kingdom from random players. You guy's need to reach out to them and communicate right away. Yes there WILL be some that won't work and maybe even a few farms but that's fine. Like Bishop said they will autoabandon and then you can delete or even invite into them.

Especially at the lower levels of the game, if you have a solid strategy and a good core being down even 3-4 provinces to another kingdom isn't a big deal. You will do better in the long run if you keep the action going so people are interested in the kingdom.

Post Fiend
    i agree.
    We started last age 16 players , and by EoA we were 24 with only good randoms .
    i wanted to kill most of 'em tbh but luckily it wasnt my call :D

Scribe
    Also even if someone may not be active enough for your kingdom or doesn't fill your requirements it's not a bad strategy to find them a home they will fit in. There are kingdoms that aren't hardcore chart chasers that are willing to take in new players. I hear from new players all the time that land in kingdoms that ignore them and just try to kill them without even trying to integrate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    Also even if someone may not be active enough for your kingdom or doesn't fill your requirements it's not a bad strategy to find them a home they will fit in. There are kingdoms that aren't hardcore chart chasers that are willing to take in new players. I hear from new players all the time that land in kingdoms that ignore them and just try to kill them without even trying to integrate them.
    I used to this a fair bit back in the day - finding homes for people is both beneficial to the game and the goodwill it brings is very useful throughout the game.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Needs to get out more
    That's what I try to tell kingdoms I visit. The farms aren't that detrimental, but losing players to homicidal kingdom shaping is ludicrous. I have pretty strong opinions about the difference between teamwork and herd mentality. I run into veteran players all the time that tell me I can't do something I've already done.

From a player who still remembers my impressions coming into Utopia:

I came from table top games and mages are generally fragile. When I saw the defensive strength of faery and the spell book it attracted me immediately. This could be why we see a lot of new faeries. My experience in RPGs lead me to build what I'm familiar with. I'm not into unbreakable defenses; I like stuff that can absorb a lot of punishment.

Most of my time in RPGs was running non-traditional fighters. In strategy games I had different signatures as well. In Star Fleet battles I had particular favorite ships. One was a klingon D-7(like on the old show) that was fitted with Hydran weaponry called the Renegade. It was beautiful. Klingon D-7s had great maneuverability for a heavy cruiser. The Hydrans had both a home and expeditionary fleet, each fitted with different weapons and support. The Renegade integrated these systems. Mind you, this was not a better ship it was just my style. The weapons array with the durability and maneuverability of the D-7 made it a classic. I'll name off the toys from memory. It's been many years: 2 x fusion beams, 2 x hellbore canons, 2 x gattling phasers, 4 x phase ll phasers, and 2 shuttle bays for pseudo-fighters.

When I play Utopia I draw on influences that are well over 30 years in refining a personal style. I learned quickly that you can travel in Utopia. Traveling allows me to exercise my favorite ways to play. Bless you all who follow the leader, it's the better part of the game. For me I enjoy experimenting and challenging the odds. But I urge you that what is conceived as teamwork here(by a large portion of the community) isn't the synergy we enjoy in my RPG group. It's much more integrated with complexity and reads.
    I can tell when I see old aid messages in forum that were never addressed, or the prioritization of dragon funding over player dynamics. This is not the mechanics, this is how you chose to play and I find it mildly heartbreaking. A player who needs a hand up and gets it might feel indebted to deliver. A new player might feel welcome enough to stay.
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    That's what I try to tell kingdoms I visit. The farms aren't that detrimental, but losing players to homicidal kingdom shaping is ludicrous. I have pretty strong opinions about the difference between teamwork and herd mentality. I run into veteran players all the time that tell me I can't do something I've already done.

From a player who still remembers my impressions coming into Utopia:

I came from table top games and mages are generally fragile. When I saw the defensive strength of faery and the spell book it attracted me immediately. This could be why we see a lot of new faeries. My experience in RPGs lead me to build what I'm familiar with. I'm not into unbreakable defenses; I like stuff that can absorb a lot of punishment.

Most of my time in RPGs was running non-traditional fighters. In strategy games I had different signatures as well. In Star Fleet battles I had particular favorite ships. One was a klingon D-7(like on the old show) that was fitted with Hydran weaponry called the Renegade. It was beautiful. Klingon D-7s had great maneuverability for a heavy cruiser. The Hydrans had both a home and expeditionary fleet, each fitted with different weapons and support. The Renegade integrated these systems. Mind you, this was not a better ship it was just my style. The weapons array with the durability and maneuverability of the D-7 made it a classic. I'll name off the toys from memory. It's been many years: 2 x fusion beams, 2 x hellbore canons, 2 x gattling phasers, 4 x phase ll phasers, and 2 shuttle bays for pseudo-fighters.

When I play Utopia I draw on influences that are well over 30 years in refining a personal style. I learned quickly that you can travel in Utopia. Traveling allows me to exercise my favorite ways to play. Bless you all who follow the leader, it's the better part of the game. For me I enjoy experimenting and challenging the odds. But I urge you that what is conceived as teamwork here(by a large portion of the community) isn't the synergy we enjoy in my RPG group. It's much more integrated with complexity and reads.
    I can tell when I see old aid messages in forum that were never addressed, or the prioritization of dragon funding over player dynamics. This is not the mechanics, this is how you chose to play and I find it mildly heartbreaking. A player who needs a hand up and gets it might feel indebted to deliver. A new player might feel welcome enough to stay.

I feel people should be treated with respect; and given a big welcome.
    #magi

Thread Information