Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tree of Gold Change

Veteran

Tree of Gold Change

Just curious how people view this change. I am enjoying it personally. In my opinion the servers economy has been slower to ramp up then in previous ages putting more of a premium on solid province management skills. It isn't quite as easy to hit big plunders / robbing targets.

I do find this change to be against the grain of the general direction of changes recently which is a little strange. Economy based changes have almost all been focused on making things easy mode. I would prefer more steps in this direction where you need to work to get paid.

built banks

Odd of Absalom

Beastblood is #oddplay

˙ppo ǝɹɐ noʎ
    #odd
    Odd is a three-edged sword.
    ( ͡? ͜ʖ ͡?)

Needs to get out more
    I almost never run ToG provinces and in disorganized kingdoms. When I went solo I had ToG but I was alone and didn't steal unless attacked. Even then it was from the guys I was retaliating against. Maybe twice I stole gold that whole age.

Some war kingdoms look funny this age without ToG. I think in a backdoor prowler type of way it rewards growing. I was set in my last war to be a land/LL/prop/feel good about yourself t/m farm but the enemy never took the acres back. By eowcf I had a relative gravy train of an economy compared to the decimated provinces. Bankalicious. I never tore down any of my war buildings, I just built economy with the razed acreage.

In all actuality I spend more time thinking about halfling without hospitals then I ever did about ToG. It's not that it even bothers me numerically(nothing ever has). It's that the only role-players logic I can fathom is cleric. You have to be religious in some fanatical way not to have the idea of hospitals.
    I "get" that in many t/m builds there's no room for hospitals anyways, but I'm driven by a different cause: The idea that hobbits wouldn't ever dream of hospitals. That's far out, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Veteran
    I think the real question is what do robots dream?

Needs to get out more
    They say electric sheep but I'm betting it's being at work in front of hundreds of other robots and realizing you don't have any safety shields on.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Veteran
    On a serious note in relation to original topic. I think the TOG change has mostly affected t/m players. You are starting to see who can hang without econ help and who just isn't good enough. Also it definitely has an affect on war prep for some top kingdoms. I don't see very many sitting on heavy surpluses of gc.

Needs to get out more
    Luckily I'm required to have at least 3 merchants in The Virtual Kingdom.

But yes, on a more serious note I like the way it focuses the kingdom roles. The orc merchants topsy suggested makes some sense when the merchant has RM and CS and can counter plunder for perhaps more than they lost.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Quote Originally Posted by Osaze View Post
    On a serious note in relation to original topic. I think the TOG change has mostly affected t/m players. You are starting to see who can hang without econ help and who just isn't good enough. Also it definitely has an affect on war prep for some top kingdoms. I don't see very many sitting on heavy surpluses of gc.
    <removed>
    Last edited by Palem; 27-09-2015 at 23:17. Reason: dun target share
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Veteran
    I wasn't making an all inclusive statement. The word some is a dead giveaway.

Awww targetsharing.

Quote Originally Posted by protector View Post
    Awww targetsharing.
    I stand by it not being target sharing I only said a kd name not their ingame name and their personality not even race or size. But I respect Palem's decision to remove it.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    <removed>
    Yes. ToG has been removed as a racial spell to a personality spell. I like the way you wrote "removed" in the color of money. This is a good change to get players to use more stealth.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Osaze View Post
    You seem to start with a premise tm's have a superior economy when compared to attacker ? In war yes, bot oow not at all.
    Overall i'd say tog removal slowed the pace of the game a lot, not fan of the change ... but I mostly play faes recently so Iam somewhat biased.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by citadela01 View Post
    Overall i'd say tog removal slowed the pace of the game a lot, not fan of the change ... but I mostly play faes recently so Iam somewhat biased.
    100% this

Needs to get out more
    Well i can see that. I never played faery to be UB but I sympathize with the t/ms trying to establish UB.
    The pace is a diplo thing tho. Nobody has be be totally prepared in the traditional sense. I'm big on prep but I'm bigger on roleplaying to role.

Merchants become an important consideration.
    Human and faery sages have deeper thinking.
    Dragon funding is a fundamental concern.
    War hero sub core might suddenly make sense, but I always liked them.
    Blended cores importance is magnified.
    Formerly neglected tpa benefits from activity.
    War kingdoms are being invited by the devs to step up to challenge for land crown.
    Tight economic mechanics get a well deserved moment in the sun.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Thread Information