Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The U (#4) v/s Settlers (#5)

Quote Originally Posted by hly^- View Post
    sn0wballz, your kd went fort did a semipump and STALLED any type of talk at all and kept taking our intel. Any decent KD would assume you were going to wave us or raze us and therfore you made us train up. This action led to you pretty much destroyed our pump. As a smaller and less experienced KD you can not expect to get the "good" end of the deal in diplo.

Do it different next time, atleast you can prevent another kd to pump up for a possible fight.
    There's 2 sides of a story I guess. I dont know which is true. The one I heard was Emeriti refusing a CF deal without acres being handed over. Why does a CF deal always have to include land? Do you honestly want to risk screwing your pump for a top fight by being stubborn over a temp cf?

I know Beastblood gave Emeriti in their ghetto age a free CF without even asking for land. Now when BB was ghettoing, Emeriti felt the need to be the only whoring kingdom to want land for a CF.

As for keeping intel up on kingdoms you have no CF with, I do/did this all the time with kingdoms in range. You'd be dumb not to.

Regular
    Call me naive but I really don't understand this idea of the weaker negotiating side to expect/desire the stronger side to be nice to them. In my humble experiences, I have seen enough of these weaker sided party be absolutely brutal in their negotiations when they are the stronger side in a different negotiation. Where is the compassion then?

The only honest reason that the weaker side won't cave in early is that they have "support" from another stronger party......

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by protector View Post
    Now when BB was ghettoing, Emeriti felt the need to be the only whoring kingdom to want land for a CF.
    Maybe it has something to do with organizing a massive gangbang and ruining last age for them...?

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    I'll send you him back in pieces.
    That's pretty mean

Veteran
    Guys they wanted to stop the war and makes sense why they wanted to stop the war. Everyone knows I am warring tier but why wouldn't number one land stop a war that could threaten there number one spot? Next time don't advertise war lol.

All I know is we no have fun in warar. Which sucks.
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

Also to the rude comment about me. We can arrange a war if you would like. We can land drop. Which is what we will eventually do anyway. Then we can see how bad I suck. I mean it's all fun until I come ridining in nekkid on a white girl.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by protector View Post
    I know Beastblood gave Emeriti in their ghetto age a free CF without even asking for land. Now when BB was ghettoing, Emeriti felt the need to be the only whoring kingdom to want land for a CF.

As for keeping intel up on kingdoms you have no CF with, I do/did this all the time with kingdoms in range. You'd be dumb not to.
    We gave you what seemed likely to be an EOA ceasefire in exchange for roughly 2k acres. Considering the events of last age I thought this was a step in the right direction, but it obviously turned out to be a huge mistake. If we're the only ones who asked for your acres, how did CR end up with so many of them, yet with a cf deal that lets you farm out to them before we could fight you in the future? Knowing as you did that they had to prep for us, why just hand over 5k (or was it 10k?) of your hard-won war acres? Any why not at least get a ceasefire out of it in return? I understand that you hate us and would do anything to screw us over, but you can't simultaneously claim to be neutral while acting on those feelings.

We had ignored settlers for a long time; yes this was our mistake. Some robbing was reported (in the 3M range, far from the 50M that was erroneously reported earlier), and pretty regular intel ops (these were only caught on our t/ms). We had spoken to them about a ceasefire, but they dodged us as snowballz would ignore in-game messages and not reply on irc. This went on for ~3 days. Finally ~36 hours ago we caught one last op and I took a serious look at them and realized they were, obviously, about to wave us; they had twice (over twice) our military on less acres, with higher total networth. Pretty big mistake by us obviously, but we were also trying to save up for CR at this time. Snowballz asked for 12 hours to think about a ceasefire, the exact time they were leaving fort. So we entered fortified and trained. At the end of 12 hours they did not wave us as we were now slightly trained and protected. (If I were running their kingdom, I would certainly have waved; it would have been farmage still. CR can confirm that we put max gs on all our provinces *to pump in fortified* in anticipation of this wave.) But of course, they still turned down the opportunity for a ceasefire, and we realized we needed to finish training and wave them.

They were in declare range at the time of the wave, and dragon range before that. According to zauper's numbers, it's a closer matchup in military and networth than emeriti versus cr would have been. Yes, that would have been a 1v3 fight, but this would have been a 3v5 fight. But most to the point, we had no ceasefire with settlers, and they declined a ceasefire that would have let us prep and have a chance (not a good one) against CR. CR can wait and vulture, as I'm sure they will be happy to do, but I don't see that we had much choice. Getting waved by settlers and giving up 5k or 10k acres right before our cf with CR expired would have been even worse. And we were certainly convinced they were about to wave us - we turned down the opportunity to take free acres from pyro (still no clue what will happen there) as we had to go fortified and could not send out any more armies.

Right after we started waving, snowballz went into CR's channel to complain "red alert". We took this to mean that CR was in some way trying to power play us by having him mess around with us while we prepped. I still don't know if this is true or not, but it has certainly influenced our diplomacy with settlers.
    Last edited by jdorje; 01-10-2015 at 00:24.

Needs to get out more
    Dragons have lots of gold.

Most Dungeon Masters wouldn't let you steal much without waking the dragon anyways. So you fight...

You gotta spread out so he can't get everyone with his breath weapon, but this also leaves your clerics and magic users vulnerable. Even a tough fighter is in trouble with claw/claw/bite and the rogues and rangers trying to flank are subject to wing buffet and tail whip. Still, you gotta do it: the bigger the dragon the more treasure.

It's the exact same thing.

Edit: I just figured out what the numbers are. Settlers are #5? Did you guys accidentally grow or on purpose? Either way I'm happy to see war kingdoms knocking on the door. The more the merrier.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 01-10-2015 at 02:07.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

So dorje what do we get out of the deal since you ruined our farm war?

Veteran
    Benjamin this isn't your thread so this doesn't count

Veteran
    Where's the Odd guy?

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by bombdigie View Post
    Where's the Odd guy?
    He spent on a new recruit page. The money shots wear him out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Can someone pluck some munk charts over here. Curious to see nw graphs of emeriti and settlers over the last week.

On a side note

#kachinggg

Utopia is just social text-based chess/poker/starcraft/trading
    There is only 1 important strategy in Utopia. Game Theory

Age 57-63 : Pyromaniacs co-leader
    Age 64: Retired ghetto (Sillies)
    Age 65: Retired warring ghetto (Sillies X)

To be continued...

-
    Dont be a retail investor/trader. You will lose shinies.

Emeriti with their classic move of getting caught with their pants down on purpose so they can engage a ghetto and try to leapfrog past #1. (Exhibit Chrystal)

Strat0, Do you watch Critical Role on Geek and Sundry? If not, it's D&D with voice actors every thursday at 10est on twitch tv. I have a blast watching it.

#Fel2CR #FreeFel #Cello>Zauper
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Thread Information