Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The U (#4) v/s Settlers (#5)

Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    Emeriti with their classic move of getting caught with their pants down on purpose so they can engage a ghetto and try to leapfrog past #1. (Exhibit Chrystal)

Strat0, Do you watch Critical Role on Geek and Sundry? If not, it's D&D with voice actors every thursday at 10est on twitch tv. I have a blast watching it.

#Fel2CR #FreeFel #Cello>Zauper
    I feel like I haven't spoken to Cello in weeks, at this stage I am unsure if he even play in Cellos Republic
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Maybe it has something to do with organizing a massive gangbang and ruining last age for them...?
    I knew someone was going to come with this. Our ghetto age can be compared to their ghetto age and vice versa. If we start comparing apples with peaches we may as well go back in time to that time were one of the Absalom did X to me and another time did Y to me.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jdorje View Post
    We gave you what seemed likely to be an EOA ceasefire in exchange for roughly 2k acres. Considering the events of last age I thought this was a step in the right direction, but it obviously turned out to be a huge mistake. If we're the only ones who asked for your acres, how did CR end up with so many of them, yet with a cf deal that lets you farm out to them before we could fight you in the future? Knowing as you did that they had to prep for us, why just hand over 5k (or was it 10k?) of your hard-won war acres? Any why not at least get a ceasefire out of it in return? I understand that you hate us and would do anything to screw us over, but you can't simultaneously claim to be neutral while acting on those feelings.
    Wait, you're mad at us now because I told you (or rather, Leshrak) what would happen? LOL!
    Here's a snippet of my WA convo with Leshrak. Just in case he didn't share this. Sceenshots can be provided as well in case anyone doubts the legitimacy of the log below:

Quote Originally Posted by WA convo protector & leshrak
    Leshrak: Idk about an eoa cf but if you wanted to do some acres for long term cf we can discuss
    Me: Nah, if it gets to that point were im cornered and forced into a situation this kd doesnt want, ill just do whats best for the kd
    Leshrak: Understandable point
    Me: If im giving you land im going to have to give all of them, youre back to square one. Whats the diff?
    Me: Ive already agreed to that with the others
    Leshrak: I'm not talking huge amounts but we haven't really made many cfs this age like in the past
    Leshrak: When we had cfed everyone
    Me: Its the typical cf talk youre doing. I get your wanting land but if im giving you im giving cr etc as well, so you gain zero on it
    Leshrak: Well the deals you made with other kds aren't really my concern
    Leshrak: I'm not trying to shape what you do with them
    So I ended up giving CR. And I would have given Pyro, but Pyro asked me to give Pyro's share to CR due to a deal between CR and Pyro after their war.

So sure, you can be butthurt about it, but we did exactly what I told you what would happen. It's your own fault for being greedy.

Oh, as for stalling. Why complain others do it? It's something you commonly do. I sent a message 24h into my EOWCF, your monarch, Mithras, said to talk to Leshrak on IRC. Got the typical busy busy response from Leshrak and diplomacy got stalled up until the day we would exit EOWCF.
    Figure we'd just wave someone for war, we did, then you waved as soon as that kingdom offered a CF.

hahahaha that happened to us. calle made a dumb hit into x:x and we had to start hitting them back or we would be screwed. so erv myself and kremlin all tried to contact leshrak dorje and mithras for over 24 hours to stop them from hitting until we were finished. all of a sudden they were inactive, then they decide to get active and hit us while our troops are out on x:x and we were hostile. so not only did they hit into our hostile while our troops were out they now ruin our war with settlers. so again emeriti. i guess that gangbang taught them nothing.

Last edited by Palem; 01-10-2015 at 13:15.
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

Needs to get out more
    In a way, I think this is how it's supposed to be. Ethics are like bringing a horse to water.

^ Just ask BoH: and thank you for the headsup about D&D on twitch. - from us ~ we bravely charged into the chamber toward a ghost standing over 2 stories tall. the ghost pointed a finger at the warlord and he fell in his place, dead. we immediately all hid behind rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Post Fiend
    wow. some people really think so full of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by p0ngkol View Post
    wow. some people really think so full of themselves.
    Why does this have to be a bad thing though?

Forum Fanatic
    Ultimately, jd's list of explanations falls short.

Last age, jdorje told me that we were going dwarf because dwarf was the best at getting farm wars -- and it proved to work, as less than a month into the age, we secured a farm war with a much weaker kingdom (fluffy). And we did it by having significantly less military than them. It's a proven strategy for farm wars, and the fact that they had equal nw means that Emeriti had significant enough gc stocks to train way the hell past them with only 24h of fort -- as we see currently, with Emeriti pushing a 50% NW advantage over them.

At the end of the day, Emeriti realized that they were going to get farmed (by us) and went looking for any excuse to try to dodge. That's why the initial excuse was 'oh, they stole 50-100M from us', and then it turned into 'well, clearly they would wave us and farm us' -- we all know that if they had waved, since they had no one in range of Emeriti's top, Emeriti might have lost a little bit of core land over the course of the war (but probably not) but would have gained significant pool -- a huge win for them, especially since they should have been going fort around then to prep for us anyway. It's like they're pretending to not realize that land under the whore cap is irrelevant or significantly less valuable than land above it.

The difference between this and us farming Emeriti? Emeriti knew conflict was coming for the last 2 weeks and failed to prep well. It's hard to blame their failure to lower their science rate on anyone but them. Dorje's prov -- an 8k calf -- had 2mil gc on hand 48h before they went fort. It had 12m on hand when they went fort. It wasn't into issues of getting robbed, it was purely overinvesting in science.

It's unclear what Emeriti thinks they're going to get out of this at this point. They're just getting fatter for us to farm, and their gains are being throttled as they continue to bully a ghetto.

They're claiming we're involved so that they can try to leverage a deal from us as part of CFing Settlers, but that's not going to happen -- unless it includes 20% of their land. Dorje even recognized yesterday that it's a silly claim, because if we were allies or involved, we would have just told Settlers to CF them, as we knew we were going to farm Emeriti. All we did was tell Settlers that Emeriti was going to dodge us by waving them, which unsurprisingly turned out to be true.

#forfeitfel
    Last edited by Zauper; 01-10-2015 at 12:49.

BTW just an update on the damage from Emeriti...

** The kingdom of X:XX **
    Total land exchanged: +8,358 (63/4)

And yeah, this is the world I live in. 4 hits from us on them, two fails that both moved the meter. All sent by people who simply refused to listen.

Meter is 115/6 right now.
    Last edited by sn0wballz; 01-10-2015 at 12:56.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by protector View Post
    I knew someone was going to come with this. Our ghetto age can be compared to their ghetto age and vice versa. If we start comparing apples with peaches we may as well go back in time to that time were one of the Absalom did X to me and another time did Y to me.
    ...you mean last age when you recruited people to help based on their grievances with what happened to them previously with abs? lol

You don't get to just have completely absolve yourself from the consequences because everybody's not together. I'm sure Emeriti is fully aware of which leaders were either behind or supported their gangbang, and if you were one of those leaders you'd be absolutely insane to expect to deserve anything resembling "friendly" treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by jdorje View Post

We had ignored settlers for a long time; yes this was our mistake. Some robbing was reported (in the 3M range, far from the 50M that was erroneously reported earlier), and pretty regular intel ops (these were only caught on our t/ms). We had spoken to them about a ceasefire, but they dodged us as snowballz would ignore in-game messages and not reply on irc. This went on for ~3 days. Finally ~36 hours ago we caught one last op and I took a serious look at them and realized they were, obviously, about to wave us; they had twice (over twice) our military on less acres, with higher total networth. Pretty big mistake by us obviously, but we were also trying to save up for CR at this time. Snowballz asked for 12 hours to think about a ceasefire, the exact time they were leaving fort. So we entered fortified and trained. At the end of 12 hours they did not wave us as we were now slightly trained and protected. (If I were running their kingdom, I would certainly have waved; it would have been farmage still. CR can confirm that we put max gs on all our provinces *to pump in fortified* in anticipation of this wave.) But of course, they still turned down the opportunity for a ceasefire, and we realized we needed to finish training and wave them.

They were in declare range at the time of the wave, and dragon range before that. According to zauper's numbers, it's a closer matchup in military and networth than emeriti versus cr would have been. Yes, that would have been a 1v3 fight, but this would have been a 3v5 fight. But most to the point, we had no ceasefire with settlers, and they declined a ceasefire that would have let us prep and have a chance (not a good one) against CR. CR can wait and vulture, as I'm sure they will be happy to do, but I don't see that we had much choice. Getting waved by settlers and giving up 5k or 10k acres right before our cf with CR expired would have been even worse. And we were certainly convinced they were about to wave us - we turned down the opportunity to take free acres from pyro (still no clue what will happen there) as we had to go fortified and could not send out any more armies.

Right after we started waving, snowballz went into CR's channel to complain "red alert". We took this to mean that CR was in some way trying to power play us by having him mess around with us while we prepped. I still don't know if this is true or not, but it has certainly influenced our diplomacy with settlers.
    I went umunk to check nw charts a bit. It seems like settlers and emeremeriti had kinda close nw at 1 point, with settlers probably having more military.

Whether or not is it the egg or the chicken, I'm unsure.

Utopia is just social text-based chess/poker/starcraft/trading
    There is only 1 important strategy in Utopia. Game Theory

Age 57-63 : Pyromaniacs co-leader
    Age 64: Retired ghetto (Sillies)
    Age 65: Retired warring ghetto (Sillies X)

To be continued...

-
    Dont be a retail investor/trader. You will lose shinies.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    ...you mean last age when you recruited people to help based on their grievances with what happened to them previously with abs? lol

You don't get to just have completely absolve yourself from the consequences because everybody's not together. I'm sure Emeriti is fully aware of which leaders were either behind or supported their gangbang, and if you were one of those leaders you'd be absolutely insane to expect to deserve anything resembling "friendly" treatment.
    The GB was done because we had proof of their friends razing us into EOWCF to help Emeriti's cause and they refused to suffer proper punishments.
    The players that played in Emeriti's ghetto age, used to play/lead different Absalom kingdoms and several of them have ****played me one or more times in the past, yet this silly ghetto kingdom was given a free CF.

Enthusiast
    When we do we gb bb?

I'm down like syndrome
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by protector View Post
    The GB was done because we had proof of their friends razing us into EOWCF to help Emeriti's cause and they refused to suffer proper punishments.
    The players that played in Emeriti's ghetto age, used to play/lead different Absalom kingdoms and several of them have ****played me one or more times in the past, yet this silly ghetto kingdom was given a free CF.
    I'm not going to wade through the hundreds of pages, but I do recall a post from either yourself or flogger saying something along the lines of
    Here's how we recruited. We went into pub chans and said "ASF and jdorje suck. Help us GB them"
    Along with all of the other people that confirmed that they were helping out because of their past experiences with Absalom, as well as the 500-750 pages of discussion that went into whether or not Emeriti and it's leaders should accept the fact that they're tied to absalom so that their being gangbanged because of Abs would be justified.

Thread Information