Thread: Top is heating up! (#9 v #7; #4 v #3)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge View Post
    Yea I can imagine how you send zauper to do diplo for you! But Like we said, we will not interfere if its a hostile according to standards set by Zauper and co, the neutral kingdom of last age!

Edit - And yes we also do not think this will be a farmout in any manner. You have got a good bunch and played your last war very well.
    Step 1: Emeriti leadership PMs CR leadership to complain about CR noticing CP
    Step 2: CR leadership engages in diplo to resolve the problem that Emeriti PMs them about
    Step 3: CR leadership has now "engaged in diplo on behalf of CP" (because we were willing to retract our notice if Emeriti was, and let Emeriti have 'dibs' post-war)
    Step 4: CR and CP must be allied because CR engaged in diplo on their behalf!!!!!!!!

It actually seems to me that it would be a better argument that we're allied with Emeriti, since twice we've tried to engage in diplo to generate ideal or superior outcomes for them. (i.e. CF us for 15k, take 5k from settlers -> we netgain 25k vs them. End result; they refused, gain ~10k from settlers and give us 25k -> we netgain 40k vs them and they lose more land).

But yes, per usual, we are seeing the classic absalom play. ED and Emeriti (who are actually, factually allied) are planning to doubleteam CP. That's usually how it works when one ally refuses to CF a kingdom and then the second ally says (as far as I've been told) 'we can agree to war you after your conflict with our ally ends' and then serves notice when you exit EOW to explore.

It's similar to how, earlier this age, when CP waved ED, Emeriti waved into that. But it's ok folks -- apparently that wasn't a double for [reasons]. I guess ~20 hits by CP with a cowhit back is 'not hostile' whereas they feel like ~70 hits and 2 hits back is?

Of course, the weird stories we see on the forums aren't surprising considering Emeriti leadership can't even get their own story straight on what their plan is.
    [14:05:57] <Chris_Keeling2> well, looks like we're gonna intend on waving CP once notice is up
    [18:11] <Mithras> If you are engaged, as in 15 points on the meter we wont engage you
    #abslogic
    Last edited by Zauper; 14-10-2015 at 13:10.

Thread Information