View Poll Results: Should the chastity spell message be changed?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 20.59%
  • No

17 50.00%
  • I don't care at all

10 29.41%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chastity spell message is sexist and should be changed

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    Nah Korp it's just devastating how some people are so deaf to gender issues...
    So devastated it interferes with your financial wellbeing? That's a sign

(1984 reference points. The year not the book.)

Concerning Jon Bon Jovi ~ when he's prettier than the girls in the video we have a problem.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 08-10-2015 at 03:39.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Well, this is how I see it: Utopia is set in a medieval fantasy world. I'm pretty sure it would be unheard of for the men to be the ones taking a vow of chastity (unless they were monks, I guess, but in this particular setting they don't exist.) So I think it makes sense in the realm of the Utopia world. The politically-correct terms of the modern world don't necessarily apply in this case.

(P.S., if Utopia somehow incorporates monks into the game, I want my credit for the idea!)

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystopher View Post
    Well, this is how I see it: Utopia is set in a medieval fantasy world. I'm pretty sure it would be unheard of for the men to be the ones taking a vow of chastity (unless they were monks, I guess, but in this particular setting they don't exist.) So I think it makes sense in the realm of the Utopia world. The politically-correct terms of the modern world don't necessarily apply in this case.

(P.S., if Utopia somehow incorporates monks into the game, I want my credit for the idea!)
    Monks. I want monks to. In D&D, monks went to eleven.
    ~ all noble credit granted to Crystopher ~
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums

Thieves, Wizards, and your army are all celibate, just fyi.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Thieves, Wizards, and your army are all celibate, just fyi.
    You know, I was one leap of thought from making that realization.

I've always imagined wizards as monks.
    #magi

Needs to get out more
    Now I'm rethinking undead rogue. Drunken Master.

Ok, not a monk but you still get that groovy music and Jackie Chan pizzazz.
    ________
    Weed bowls

I would have to agree to a point with the author of this pole. The spell should be changed. This is a medieval game, set in a time period when women didn't have the right to say no. So, the spell name should be called sterilization and the message should say the the people of such and such have gone sterile for a number of days. Current wording is just giving them rights that they historically did not have.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimRei666 View Post
    I would have to agree to a point with the author of this pole. The spell should be changed. This is a medieval game, set in a time period when women didn't have the right to say no. So, the spell name should be called sterilization and the message should say the the people of such and such have gone sterile for a number of days. Current wording is just giving them rights that they historically did not have.
    I really find this distasteful... for a number of reason.... this is a game where war and killing happens...what if I find that offensive? Some people find monarchy offensive, so should we remove that? Short of this is: if we removed all of those types of offenses what would be left of the game?
    Last edited by khronosschoty; 09-10-2015 at 04:20.
    #magi

Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    I really finds this distasteful... for a number of reason.... this is a game where war and killing happens...what if I find that offensive? Some people find monarchy offensive, so should we remove that? Short of this is: if we removed all of those types of offenses what would be left of the game?
    Def specs 4sho
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

"atheist missionaries have infiltrated our townsfolk, spreading filth about planned parenthood, all new peasants will be aborted for the next 4 days!"

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    Def specs 4sho
    Steel Curtain. Mount Doom. I've been trying to tell these guys, they just don't listen.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    I really find this distasteful... for a number of reason.... this is a game where war and killing happens...what if I find that offensive? Some people find monarchy offensive, so should we remove that? Short of this is: if we removed all of those types of offenses what would be left of the game?
    Considering that it's an elected monarch it's monarchy in name only :P
    Thus it corresponds more accurately with the typical definition of a President, ie elected(at least in democracies) Head of State.

So it's more likely that the proponents of Monarchy would take offence with the title than the opponents.
    Last edited by Elldallan; 09-10-2015 at 11:17.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Elldallan View Post
    Considering that it's an elected monarch it's monarchy in name only :P
    Thus it corresponds more accurately with the typical definition of a President, ie elected(at least in democracies) Head of State.

So it's more likely that the proponents of Monarchy would take offence with the title than the opponents.
    My point is still valid and stands.
    #magi

Veteran
    Dude no

Thread Information