Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Team Game that Discourages Team Gaming

Regular

A Team Game that Discourages Team Gaming

It is an irony but the truth and I believe a problem that many players face. Friends playing along each other getting IP blocked in waves and stuff ?

This doesn't make sense. It is suppose to be a team game but when friends get together and work strats and hits out, IP blocks appear.

Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem that has been on-going for like ages ? Thanks.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I played with a married couple for quite a few ages and never had a problem. Plan around it if you know you're going to get blocked.

Regular
    How to plan around it ?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    You know that only 1 can interact with a particular target, so give the other person something to do as well. Having 1 play TM and 1 play attacker is usually a good way to do it as long as you make sure they don't accidentally cast something on a chain target.

Regular
    Well, by doing that it means you can't work on a same target isn't it ? And that is the problem.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Why is that a problem? You really aren't at that much of a disadvantage compared to a kingdom facing no blocks. If you've got active TMs (which you should), then you're at no disadvantage. Certainly not anything unfair, especially compared to the alternative of not blocking same-IP interactions and getting pelted with OOW multi-razes.

Forum Fanatic
    25 people in a kd, you honestly both dont have to hit the same target,ive got 3 married couples in my kd who have played around that ever since it was put in with little to no issues.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

It is a problem and is annoying not being able to have 2 people hit the same province during a war provides some difficulties... but at the end of the day it's a dying game... not much you can ask to do ;p

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by boxerz View Post
    It is an irony but the truth and I believe a problem that many players face. Friends playing along each other getting IP blocked in waves and stuff ?

This doesn't make sense. It is suppose to be a team game but when friends get together and work strats and hits out, IP blocks appear.

Can anyone tell me how to solve this problem that has been on-going for like ages ? Thanks.
    since most of the "married or roommates playing together" are really just multi and clearly play like multi... why don't you just stop being a multi.. the bottom ghettos are plagued by multi.. get rid of the multi this game drops from 3600 players to in reality what it really is anyways about 2900 players.. for whatever reason the devs now embrace multi

Regular
    since most of the "married or roommates playing together" are really just multi and clearly play like multi... why don't you just stop being a multi.. the bottom ghettos are plagued by multi.. get rid of the multi this game drops from 3600 players to in reality what it really is anyways about 2900 players.. for whatever reason the devs now embrace multi
    Sorry but don't assume it is multi. The problem of playing under same WIFI even for a day and targets getting blocked when chaining is being done is not fun. I don't think there should be so many restrictions of choices ie TM/ attacker, hitting different targets etc to prevent things like this. There should be alternative.

#?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Regular
    Good read there. Thanks Anri. But I do hope perhaps mods can do something about this area of gaming.

Married couple playing utopia? God they must be ugly.

so mean to your parents.....

;)
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Anri View Post
    Accessing the game via VPN is against the rules.

Thread Information