Thread: Data for Utopia Spreadsheet Tool 1-0

Regular

Data for Utopia Spreadsheet Tool 1-0

Hello!

I'm interested in collecting data to see if I can break the copy/paste spreadsheet I've made. Its purpose is to pull the most useful information from different pages with the use of 'copy all' followed by pasting into a specific cell.

So far, my workbook has broken twice. Each time it was due to data not being where I expected it to be. One was from another player (they had uTools--14 row difference) and another was from my own, where either I typed a cell reference in wrong or there was one row less between days. I'm interested in how much variance I should allow for: searching for 10 rows plus or minus, or more? Ideally I won't have a whole bunch of functions scanning a lot of the same area. Also, OME was in the same spot in at least two out of three setups so...

This is where I'd like help. Especially if you use things which make the format of the pages work differently, like uTools or perhaps a different skin. I want to paste in as many actual examples as I can to see how widely the spreadsheet should search for pertinents, as well as if there are other differences to take into account.

In the interest of saving space on the forums, please PM me a ctrl+a snapshot of your military adviser page? Edit the numbers if you'd like so that you can keep your numbers a secret, just don't hit enter or otherwise change the rows.

uTools does some of what I want but not all. Plus, putting what I learn into a spreadsheet helps me learn the game. So help me out :D?

Postaholic
    try munkbot and save yourself the headache

Regular
    I don't like some of the assumptions made by Munk's build calculator.

Also, "putting what I learn into a spreadsheet helps me learn the game"^^^^. I like spreadsheets, databases, things like that.

Postaholic
    Game dead soon, why?
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Because "Game dead soon" has been said repeatedly for like the past 8 years. Before things like munkbot and uTools were created.

*shrugs*

Regular
    I know how to use =indirect and a few other Excel functions now :) this game is serving my productivity software knowledge well lol.

If I were you I would see if zauper, topsy or munk himself would take a look
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Regular
    I hadn't considered that. Seems anything I've got would be incredibly elementary for people who have developed anything. I just dabble in Excel/etc. as a hobby.

Needs to get out more
    Don't be bashful, you're trying to help us. I think a few of us can appreciate that.
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    Don't be bashful, you're trying to help us. I think a few of us can appreciate that.
    Aye
    #magi

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Because "Game dead soon" has been said repeatedly for like the past 8 years. Before things like munkbot and uTools were created.

*shrugs*
    8 years ago the player base was a couple of percentage points higher.
    War Monkeys War Monger - Contact me if interested in a beating.

Rather than whining, getting pissy and getting on my radar why don't you just .....

Needs to get out more
    The game will hopefully survive till the bulk of the old community reaches nostalgia age. it's like people rediscovering 80s music and thinking " they had something sweet ". So any segway that can draw the crowds longer is a worthwhile pursuit. It's also like old cars and vintage guitars. Utopia is a game that borders on classic with it's zero graphic character.

As I've illustrated at length before, I love playing sans bots or external chat, but I live with it because the community at large requires it.
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    :D k. When I get the beta ironed out, eliminating embarrassing errors and the like lol, I don't mind sharing.

"As I've illustrated at length before, I love playing sans bots or external chat, but I live with it because the community at large requires it."

I view use of Excel as leveraging strengths. I could do pen and paper calculations. It'd just take longer, and it would be much more difficult to dynamically compare them. Currently the best thing (IMO) that my spreadsheet boasts is planning estimated send on multiple attacks. Without that I wouldn't be a worse player, I'd just be using different strengths.

Plus, Excel-Fu Versus Excel-Fu (or w/e) seems amusing to me ;)

Thread Information