Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ED (5) v/s The U (#8)

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Don't understimate Parth. He's keeps getting underestimated but is one of the best players/tacticians in the game.

Off-topic:
    The honor ED gained from warring alone would've been enough a normal age, but last one lasted 15 weeks so we had to resort to some waving/randoming. After all, Honor crown is about... collecting most honor? Just as land crowns is about collecting most land.

Rhetoric question: Do you value CR's likely crown the same way, with BB having signed a non-competition just as Spartans did and various KDs have been taxed?
    I respect ability, but I don't value crowns.
    So my take is that CR can earn their crown, but the activity is a matter of diplo. In EDs case, it's not that I don't repect the leadership, it's that I'm not sure they could've mustered the core activity to seal the deal vs Sparta.

That said, I believe a crown is a crown, I just don't value them.

Edit of Legitimacy: I adopted in range of ED. You must understand that the crown was granted by those who chose not to engage.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 27-10-2015 at 10:27.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    I respect ability, but I don't value crowns.
    So my take is that CR can earn their crown, but the activity is a matter of diplo. In EDs case, it's not that I don't repect the leadership, it's that I'm not sure they could've mustered the core activity to seal the deal vs Sparta.

That said, I believe a crown is a crown, I just don't value them.

Edit of Legitimacy: I adopted in range of ED. You must understand that the crown was granted by those who chose not to engage.
    Not to go off topic as it's very much ifs/buts, but ED last age probably had the best lineup they've had since we started playing again with 6-7 players who could/did lead from both ED/RK of old and our core was more active than I've ever seen with those who've left and still playing all going to KDs doing very well this age.

This isn't to slag off Spartins who I'm sure are a very good KD, but if ED had of gone for #1 land/nw they could have easily achieved it (assuming navigation through the whole diplomacy dancing was done correctly), ED also held tactical advantage over Spartins for pretty much the whole age meaning that any engagement would have been in EDs favour on paper as well which I'm sure played a part in them agreeing to terms of CF.

ED last age was far better than this age due to the simple fact that having a lot of people with the time and skill to lead is obviously a great asset, it also takes time for new people to settle so filling almost half a KD in 7 weeks isn't a simple task (last age new people had played together in many cases).

I don't think anyone this age has said ED is amazing (despite CP trolling about it), I think most ages we aren't as I compare to past SKs, but we're better than most and in a game this small that's all you really need to play some type of role.

Protector -

Maybe you could get some of this from a local pharmacy.
    Last edited by Palem; 27-10-2015 at 12:45.

Quote Originally Posted by silverfox View Post
    but if ED had of gone for #1 land/nw they could have easily achieved it (assuming navigation through the whole diplomacy dancing was done correctly)
    It's always easy to claim such things. Go make it reality. Show us you'll easily achieve #1 land/nw and finish there.

fu palem
    Last edited by protector; 27-10-2015 at 12:53.

Quote Originally Posted by protector View Post
    It surely didn't provoke the childish "lol you got no life"-type of replies.
    Not a totally unexpected type of post you make though :p
    Last edited by Palem; 27-10-2015 at 12:45.

Enthusiast
    It's always easy to claim such things. Go make it reality. Show us you'll easily achieve #1 land/nw and finish there.

And lol, I see someone is still butthurt. Use more lube next time!
    Atleast you edited your post so it doesn't quite look like you're desperately commenting on my posts to call me butthurt (I have zero idea what you're refering too btw, assume you're confused about the soap picture).

Sadly we've missed back to the future day so I can't get Marty to take us back to the start of last age, but I don't think there's a reason for you to get offended by the comments. There were a few KDs who could have took #1 land/nw based on activity/leadership, then you have to throw in allies and diplomacy, mix in the fact there was an alliance war which ED wasn't a part of assuming the caveats remain in place.

Considering ED were apparently #5 when this thread was made, with a weaker KD and not aiming for #1 spot then I don't see your problem (besides lack of cream).

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    I told you not to make me come back here.

Post useless trash, get useless trash.
    Post awesome, get awesome.

Palem needs some manlove.

Forum Fanatic

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    That's more like it.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    I told you not to make me come back here.

Post useless trash, get useless trash.
    Post awesome, get awesome.
    So you're saying Swift is useless trash, because that's what we got for posting it?

Interesting!

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    No, I'm saying a picture of a bandaged thumb, cooking on a grill, and a Tay-Tay sweater are useless in these parts.

I know what you savages want :p

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    No, I'm saying a picture of a bandaged thumb, cooking on a grill, and a Tay-Tay sweater are useless in these parts.

I know what you savages want :p
    If I post the mantrain, what do I get in return?

Forum Fanatic
    Can has war update?

fu palem
    Its easy to finish 1# if you navigate the whole diplomacy correctly :)

Needs to get out more
    @silverfox. It would be remiss for me not to express that my impression of EDs agreement with Spartans was amicable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information