Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: one of my crew made the app!

Needs to get out more
    Great work.

I'm out of the app loop myself, but I do value a happy player base.

There's a time for legal mumbo jumbo and this ain't one of them. This is a hand up and the $2 fear is rediculous. I've put plenty of cash in the game through credits myself. Just because a handful of cheap asses would club an old lady for a dime doesn't mean the rest of us are whales. It's 2 f'n bucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by joshmg View Post
    Thanks, Zauper. To answer your question: I don't know. I don't think so. I'm not sure what uMunk's autofill is, so there's a really good chance that it doesn't do it. ;) It just uploads intel, it doesn't download anything from outside the app--I didn't want to go into that realm of capability, because I think it starts to walk the line of giving an unfair advantage to users with the app vs those without.
    If you use the munkbot extension, there are built-in tools (like the build calculator, sci filler-outer, and a tool on the war page that will fill in intel and offense necessary to break, based on your mods). Does it keep any of those tools around? Sounds like you probably drop 'em. In which case I'd rather just use his extension even if this were an option for me.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    @ Strato - All signs point to the app creating wanting to help himself, not utopia.

Free apps create exposure, which was the #2 reason people wanted an app in the first place, behind actually having something that makes mobile playing nicer than it is. It doesn't matter what the price is, could have been $.20, it still seems like an attempt at making a little money off Utopia, which I disagree with in principle.

Zauper - idk, wasn't Myhtea named Utopia something before and a total rip off until had to change content and name?

Forum Fanatic
    It was originally named battlefields, after the old server. I don't know why it renamed ultimately, I hadn't heard the lawsuit rumor, but I also suspect that just a threat would be enough because it almost certainly doesn't make enough money to pay for a lawyer.

Veteran
    wait a sec, I am not a Munk user. His extension fills in proper troops to send on hits programmatically for you? That seems like cheating to me, both in speed to help avoid soldier blocks and things like that and in removing some human error which is part of what makes the game fun.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Utopian View Post
    wait a sec, I am not a Munk user. His extension fills in proper troops to send on hits programmatically for you? That seems like cheating to me, both in speed to help avoid soldier blocks and things like that and in removing some human error which is part of what makes the game fun.
    It does what you would do with data you feed it.

ie get som, go to war room, select prov, click get def from bot, then auto fill
    -Gurch

Veteran
    All of that sounds normal / fine to me minus auto populating the troops to hit with. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    @ Strato - All signs point to the app creating wanting to help himself, not utopia.

Free apps create exposure, which was the #2 reason people wanted an app in the first place, behind actually having something that makes mobile playing nicer than it is. It doesn't matter what the price is, could have been $.20, it still seems like an attempt at making a little money off Utopia, which I disagree with in principle.
    Exactly this, on top of the fact that it's still in beta. If you want testers and lots of feedback, going the donation route is the best way. Ask money for it once you've got a finished product, and from what I can see in the app store the list of things that it doesn't do is longer than the list of what it does.
    Proudly played in: Mystic Aura, FREE, Fellatio/Vae Victis, Nexus, Seasons, Dreams, Polar Bears/AMA
    Crowned with Seasons in age 37 (honor), 39 (nw/land) and 41 (nw/land)
    Crowned with Dreams in age 50 (KD nw/land)
    Crowned with AMA in age 59 (KD nw)
    Crowned with Expendables in age 65 (KD nw/land)
    Crowned with Cellos Republic in age 66 (KD nw/land)
    Now playing in: Canadian Rebellion (not to be confused with Cromulent Republic or Cellos Republic, obviously)

Regular
    "wait a sec, I am not a Munk user. His extension fills in proper troops to send on hits programmatically for you? That seems like cheating to me, both in speed to help avoid soldier blocks and things like that and in removing some human error which is part of what makes the game fun."

@2Utopian: Not sure who the subject of your pronoun was, but just to clear up the air, the app I made does not prefill anything.

Veteran
    Understood, I am staying off topic asking questions about what Munk's extension does.

Regular
    Understood, I am staying off topic asking questions about what Munk's extension does.
    No problem at all. But I agree with you; I feel it is too close to the line of acceptable/unacceptable.

Veteran
    I see it as no different then doing something like scripting fog casts way back when that was outlawed. Removing human reaction times / input is a bad thing imo.

Forum Fanatic
    I see it as no different then doing something like scripting fog casts way back when that was outlawed. Removing human reaction times / input is a bad thing imo.
    It doesn't do that (auto-fill in when you load the page). You have to push a button to have it fill-in the troops. The rule is that you can't remove clicks, so you can't do things like the op hammer. (i.e. tog 10x, push once; NM 15x, push once)

Veteran
    Adding speed and or accuracy to hits / ops programmatically should be cheating. If this is deemed ok or not by the powers that be is above my pay grade.

edit:

Technically you are removing clicks as sending a hit would most often take multiple inputs prior to pressing attack, not just 1 click.
    Last edited by 2Utopian; 02-11-2015 at 19:00.

Thread Information