Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: one of my crew made the app!

Quote Originally Posted by 2Utopian View Post
    Adding speed to hits / ops programmatically should be cheating. If this is deemed ok or not by the powers that be is above my pay grade.
    Agreed!
    #magi

Forum Fanatic
    Adding speed to hits / ops programmatically should be cheating. If this is deemed ok or not by the powers that be is above my pay grade.
    Bishop is quite aware of it.

Think about it practically for a second:
    I load a page, input my troops.
    Get a sot, has defense changed? No->change tab, press button.

It doesn't make that process any faster, which is the situation you're getting at. So it doesn't even do what you seem to think it does?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Adding speed and or accuracy to hits / ops programmatically should be cheating. If this is deemed ok or not by the powers that be is above my pay grade.
    Was it cheating when Angel was created and greatly reduced the amount of time it took people to figure out how much to send?

Rule of thumb:
    Tools that help you play better - ok
    Tools that help you play superhuman - not ok

Veteran
    I fully understand all that. My opinion is this falls in the superhuman category. It's not up to me to decide and you are free to your own opinion.

edit:

You tell me whats faster:

or

I press a button.
    Last edited by 2Utopian; 02-11-2015 at 19:29.

Forum Fanatic
    I fully understand all that. My opinion is this falls in the superhuman category. It's not up to me to decide and you are free to your own opinion.

edit:

You tell me whats faster:

or

I press a button.
    Pressing a button doesn't prevent someone from having cast mp/etc?

Or take a sot...
    Last edited by Zauper; 02-11-2015 at 19:39.

Veteran
    The issue we are discussing is artificially reducing the window of opportunity to cast mp/etc. My stance is you are doing just that.

Forum Fanatic
    The issue we are discussing is artificially reducing the window of opportunity to cast mp/etc. My stance is you are doing just that.
    How does it reduce the window of opportunity more than what I described a moment ago?

The window of opportunity immediately follows intel, so people should always intel twice -- once to setup the hit (using munkbot or not), and once after the hit is prepped to validate that def hasn't changed.

People using munkbot bounce a significant number of hits from solaid or mp etc

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Let's get back on topic. This thread isn't about munkbot.

Veteran
    If nothing else at all you are online longer pre-hit. I see you log and have all my tabs refreshing in preparation. This tool also makes it possible for your whole kd to perform the equivalent of best practices on every single hit. I would bet that wouldn't happen without it.

Additionally you are artificially limiting bounces due to human error where someone inputs something incorrectly. Even in a top kd I would wager this happened more frequently before you had a script entering your troops, even if it was only 1 in 1000.

My opinion stands.

edit:

reply was crafted before I saw your post. my bad..

Postaholic
    Holy tangents batman!

Good job on the app, I would like to test before paying.. I assume many is in same mindset as me on that, you don't pay for your food in a restaurant before after the meal (or at least shouldn't)..

As for munkbot I've seen it at work and all its details, and though it's not a "script" in eyes of Bishop as I asked, it still clearly gives an unfair advantage to non - users.
    War is what happens when language fails.

You people are silly !
    There have been cheats as you call it as soon as this game went online.
    Which I have used most of them.
    $1.99 not bad if your really into the game good for you you deserve it lots of work involved.
    It may not be for everyone idk if I'll try it or not we will see
    Thanks for your efferts
    Grow up people some of you are so smart your stuipid

The last remark was supposed to be for a few of my friends only they know who there are .. and will be ok with those last remarks

Needs to get out more
    If nothing else at all you are online longer pre-hit. I see you log and have all my tabs refreshing in preparation. This tool also makes it possible for your whole kd to perform the equivalent of best practices on every single hit. I would bet that wouldn't happen without it.

Additionally you are artificially limiting bounces due to human error where someone inputs something incorrectly. Even in a top kd I would wager this happened more frequently before you had a script entering your troops, even if it was only 1 in 1000.

My opinion stands.

edit:

reply was crafted before I saw your post. my bad..
    I find your view fascinating.

The difference between us is that I consider these tools as handicapping in golf. In other words, I like playing Utopia on difficulty; matching blades with fully loaded, organized, bot savvy kingdoms with highest order com systems.

I'm in a much slower environment operationally so my decisions have a degree of windage dialed in. The game played raw with no bot, no external chat, and my preference to live and die by retal is exciting business.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 02-11-2015 at 23:16.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Needs to get out more
    Beyond my first statement, I'm well aware of the strengths implied and not implied by bot usage. There is an intrinsic migration to less stealth use via tools. That's part of the difficulty I'm donning; without intel storage the game is tough in a good way for me.

I won't question the character of someone trying to help the game. It's the players choice to spend money, or not. I choose not, but only for my own competitive zeal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information