Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: one of my crew made the app!

Thumbs up

Why i have to pay?
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Needs to get out more
    You don't have to pay.

@ all disgruntled. Forum has had b***ch post age after age for an app. Some guy makes one and players proceed to be misery monks.

Now go pray to your wooden troll and set your contrarianism on the altar.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 03-11-2015 at 05:10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

I remeber the conversation i had with Bishop and others on this forum a few ages back. We were discussing app development.
    Bishop said it would cost 50k$ per plattform. I laughed about it ofc and here we are today... Just saying.
    If devs cared or wanted to try and grow this game they had done it all ready by the help of the community.

The app itself needs the devs help else its better to just code a new "utopia" from ground up.
    Good work thus far tho!

Consider making it free for the feedback and help. Rewards come much later.
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Quote Originally Posted by joshmg View Post
    I'm happy to have a conversation with the Utopia-devs if they're interested! It'd be cool to talk with them, actually. Like I said, I've played this game on and off since I was a kid, and the point of this app isn't to scrape money from the Utopia community. If the Utopia-devs don't like the situation of the app (which at the moment, is pure speculation of a few, and not evidenced by anything), then I'm absolutely willing to have a conversation with them, and do what's best for the community.

I'm disappointed that the community's initial response is borderline hostile. I'm surprised that you few chose copyright as your primary concern, instead of letting that kind of stuff be handled by the parties whose concern it actually is (Utopia's Dev's and mine). Regarding my perspective on copyright, the app integrates with utopia similarly to how uMunk does, and they've not taken issue with that, so I don't think there's an issue. Furthermore, the Utopia-devs have had discussions about apps interfacing with utopia on these very forums, and have not expressed any discontent with the concept. I also saw (nor see currently) anything in their rules^1 that forbids any actions that the app performs. Finally, and most importantly, their decisions are their own, and Utopia is theirs; I'm happy to comply with their needs. In my mind, I owe them respect and gratitude for maintaining a game for over 10 years; I do not wish to disrespect of subvert their wishes.

You're welcome to use the app, and you're also welcome to pretend it doesn't exist. I was hoping to do some good for you guys.

^1 - wiki.utopia-game.com/index.php?title=Game_Rules
    The email address is utopiasupport@utopia-game.com. If you'd like to open a dialogue via mail, PM or phone you are more than welcome. As it stands I am unable to allow discussion of this app without direct approval from the devs so all and any discussion of this app needs to stop until i get word back from them, something i assume will be delayed until you speak to them.

edit: Please remember that you should not recreate a thread about a closed topic. If people would like to create a general thread about apps etc thats fine but discussion/linking back to here or posting the app url.
    Last edited by Bishop; 03-11-2015 at 17:38.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Discussions away! The is not official though.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|

App is now free and supports the games ads.

Regular
    Thanks, Bishop.

Regular
    Also, I'm happy we talked. And thanks for opening up discussion again.

Regular
    Also, I need one more post to post a new thread. So...

All right, you primitive screw-heads, listen up! See this? This... is my boomstick! - [continuing nonchalantly] - It's a twelve-gauge, double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about $109.95. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt-blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right... shop smart: shop S-Mart... You got that?

Forum Fanatic
    Can I just ask a question for clarity about what the app actually does:
    Quote Originally Posted by joshmg View Post
    Logging in and doing basic tasks on a phone is really daunting, so this is aimed to help with a lot of that--it doesn't do everything, but it does most of the things you do during the day while you're at work or unable to get to a desktop.
    This kind of sounds like automation? Doing something for you that you can't otherwise do because you're at work or something... I assume this is just a miscommunication but what is meant by this?

The Jerks.

Regular
    No, it doesn't do any automation (well, except maybe login when you open it). What I meant is it allows you to quickly do the things that you need to do during the day: i.e. making sure spells don't expire. It doesn't (currently) let you do the things that you do less frequently, like send aid, or send out an exploration expedition.

joshmg, IoS or gtfo

Also fwiw, if there was an IoS version I would happily pay for the app. Using Utopia on an iphone is a pain in the ass
    Last edited by DM_Benjamin; 08-11-2015 at 06:17.
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Quote Originally Posted by DM_Benjamin View Post
    joshmg, IoS or gtfo

Also fwiw, if there was an IoS version I would happily pay for the app. Using Utopia on an iphone is a pain in the ass
    First mistake is having an iPhone. Second mistake Apple.... I understand the niche Apple falls into being the non tech savvy demographic but you're better than that Ben.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    First mistake is having an iPhone. Second mistake Apple....
    rekt qft

The Jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    First mistake is having an iPhone. Second mistake Apple.... I understand the niche Apple falls into being the non tech savvy demographic but you're better than that Ben.
    I'm a big fan of IOS over Android and I think the core of IOS is more powerful. IOS is not necessarily for the less tech savvy.
    #magi

Thread Information