Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: one of my crew made the app!

Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    I'm a big fan of IOS over Android and I think the core of IOS is more powerful. IOS is not necessarily for the less tech savvy.
    Why do you THINK that?
    Here is a sample audience for you: all my IT guys have androids, all my VPs (50+ yr olds) have iPhones.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    I'm a big fan of IOS over Android and I think the core of IOS is more powerful. IOS is not necessarily for the less tech savvy.
    The less tech savvy or those concerned with percieved image and flashy marketing.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    The less tech savvy or those concerned with percieved image and flashy marketing.
    Or those who like BSD. I'm a big fan of Slackware linux for the same reason I'm a fan of IOS, in the case of Slackware its because its linux that attempts to be the most Unix like, and in the case of IOS its because it is BSD at its core, more or less. If they had a Slackware OS for phone polished etc I'd favor that but there is not one and I'm less a fan of the Android concept than I am of the IOS.

As far as perceived image, at least in my case, I think if I went with perceived image I'd be forced to favor Android in this case, since IOS users are perceived in this way, the way you and others have shared. In 2010 I decided to give Apple a try and get a Macbook, seeing it as BSD with full support, and while I was disappointed in a number of ways I was more or less happy with it. Since then I've become less and less happy with it and my next computer will just be laptop I select to run Slackware. I think its noteworthy to share this little bit of extra I have shared, and also to add that since 2010 OS X (the OS that runs on Macbook's etc) has dropped many of the things that lured me to try OS X as a BSD with full support.
    Last edited by khronosschoty; 08-11-2015 at 15:17.
    #magi

Needs to get out more
    I have no idea about the talk, but I get the impression.
    I have no Android experience.
    All I can say is Utopia is easily played on my iPad. - I've got a backup tablet; a Surface 2. The Surface is nice at leisure, but the iPad is better for instinctive ergo Utopian conflict.

Let's put it this way; the iPad let's me play Utopia at a pleasurable and competitive level. I live my life away from plugs and wires or tiny screens that drop options under your fingers you regret. It's also perfectly balanced to strike a smug conversationalist in the temple with a wide graceful motion(it's a cigar shop thing).

This is the wealth of my knowledge.
    Last edited by StratOcastle; 08-11-2015 at 15:45.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    Why do you THINK that?
    Here is a sample audience for you: all my IT guys have androids, all my VPs (50+ yr olds) have iPhones.
    My current company, which is developer heavy, is 100% apple. iPhone, apple computers, etc.
    My last company, all of the IT and helpdesk team used iPhones.
    Guy I know that's a principal software developer at Amazon uses an iPhone. It's not because he's not tech savvy, or because he cares about his image (he wears dumbass shirts regularly to meetings with execs).

Anecdotes are anecdotal.

If you have a desire to tinker with the OS and make significant changes, Android is a better OS for you. Not every in IT (or that is tech savvy) has a need to do that. My personal experience has found that iOS has had better battery life and generally worked better for me with less tinkering required. I do enough other things that I don't need my phone to also be a project.

I don't really care much for the device wars, although its tough to argue with the ease of use on the iPad
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Thumbs up

Can you please add attacks and aid? This makes my life way easier because I barely use a laptop/desktop anymore day to day.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Regular
    Aid was added in the last patch. :)

Attacks are already there! From the Kingdom page, click a province and then choose Attack; it's the button on the right.

The whole apple vs android thing is just stupid anyway. You can like both or none, you can like one or the other. There's none really overall better, it's mainly what your personal preference is. If you've got more Apple products, it's easy to make them communicate with each other. If you like customizing your phone, Android should be your thing.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by protector View Post
    The whole apple vs android thing is just stupid anyway. You can like both or none, you can like one or the other. There's none really overall better, it's mainly what your personal preference is. If you've got more Apple products, it's easy to make them communicate with each other. If you like customizing your phone, Android should be your thing.
    ive no time to customize stuff to the point that im still using safari as browser..

Postaholic
    Are we allowed to talk about this now?

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    L2read noob

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    Yeah, talked with Bishop. It's back in the app store, too.

Hi Joshmg, can advice:

1. How to see the news for earlier uto months?
    2. How to release wizzies?
    3. Munk sync validated? It seems not working.

Thank you.

about time

Thread Information