Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: App Club

Forum Addict
    i am deeply disappointed with the way situation was handled.. when you cant do something and somebody does it for you, you show gratitude or a bit of respect for the very least.. 'contact us' is quite a jerk attitude with this in mind - no shame in contacting a guy yourself when he possibly has something of great use to you.. oh well, everybody is fine with game dying faster i suppose, its time to move on for most of us..

Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    just being a cat.

did munk/stinger ever had to ask the devs whether they could create intel bots and all?
    The difference between those 2 and the app is that the app could only be used after paying. munk/stinger are both build based on donations.

Needs to get out more
    My philosophy is that we shouldn't get emotional about the price of luxuries. Implying that it's wrong for someone to ask for money to buy an app; it's a luxury.
    The free bot is immaterial because that's a decision based on the creators prerogative. I don't feel that either asking for cash is wrong or providing the resource free is wrong. It's a luxury.

To clarify, if given the choice to use outside resources I choose not. Why? Because i enjoy playing the game as it was designed to be played. I understand this lemming raid toward animation but I think my years in gaming will prove sobering. What you don't realize is this: you may be killing the game by creating separation from it's intended wheelhouse.

I always hear how somebody isn't going to do the legwork to do it the old fashioned way. Well, this is why your current music stinks, lol. This is why apathy is rampant. Frankly I see very few who embrace adversity around here. So when you see the bot as a easy way to a solution you're actually diluting the spirit of the game.

The only reason I encourage the use of bots and insta-chat is because it retains a player base. You can say that I missed a great fundamental there, but hear me out. If the game is meant to continue it will be it's nostalgic, vintage gaming appeal. It will achieve this by natural balance. If it isn't naturally balanced then it will die as a trend. The bot and chat era is just like the Fender Strat needed CBS to survive the 70's.

I have faith because I came back to this game. I have never been more successful than the ages I've had zero access to bots and chat. I know I can play fine without them. If you think your right because you're in some enduring top kingdom miasma, then you're not paying attention to some very old kingdoms at the bottom. Pimp is like an old stomp box btw.

The outside solutions are not culturally progressive. They are tools that slowly drag the community to vanilla like conformity. Because, faith is based largely in the mathematical efficiencies and not in the innovative use of the tools. It's not the tools fault, it's the inability of the player to accept that they are weak willed. You follow. Heck I see this at work everyday. You do what the computer tells you to do, even though it's completely cold and devoid of soul.

The exceptions know who you are, and you use the tools well, but you don't have the longevity of the game at heart either. Look at the war tier; it is your stepchild. Yes, it's your mess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Typical devs... :/
    Game needs to die to rise
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

I dont really see the fuss about this, its very reasonable that a person that wants to contribute to the game with help of doing app for example contacts Bishop/devs first and foremost. He did a great job doing something for the community but as always there is a right way to go and wrong way.

There's a right way and wrong way on how to handle such situations too.

Utopia is just social text-based chess/poker/starcraft/trading
    There is only 1 important strategy in Utopia. Game Theory

Age 57-63 : Pyromaniacs co-leader
    Age 64: Retired ghetto (Sillies)
    Age 65: Retired warring ghetto (Sillies X)

To be continued...

-
    Dont be a retail investor/trader. You will lose shinies.

Scribe
    seems like silly pride to me. So yes, the developer didn't do things in the right order. And yes, initial reaction of Bishop/Devs weren't all that swell. Shake it off and start talking now and all will be well. Someone just has to be the bigger man/woman and take the first step by writing an email...

Sorry, maybe I was unclear in the previous thread. This isn't a topic for discussion, not until I hear back from the devs on which way to deal with it. A dialogue has been opened with them about the app and contact initiated with the app developer.

Until I hear back no chit chat about this specific instance, thanks.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Thread Information