Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freedom of Speech

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by protector View Post
    I'm confused. Are you ill?
    Yes, I'm illin'. Nice to meet you, confused. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Yea what's up with Chuck ?

Korp is one prickly dude

Absolute freedom is anarchy, just sayin'.

Speech is for the week, just warararar!
    Played in Freeakstyle from 2009 to age 72 (2017) <3 - 7honor 1war crown | On a break

Forum Fanatic
    Ah Korp, the master of positivism and circular logic. How about when people who speak out publicly against the government in China they tend to disappear shortly after? Do you justify that with "thats how it works" ?

Korp can you explain to me why we're not allowed to discuss moderation in public WITHOUT saying "those are the rules" or some form of that? lol

The Jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    Ah Korp, the master of positivism and circular logic. How about when people who speak out publicly against the government in China they tend to disappear shortly after? Do you justify that with "thats how it works" ?

Korp can you explain to me why we're not allowed to discuss moderation in public WITHOUT saying "those are the rules" or some form of that? lol
    Avoiding the question, how do you solve issues? In China its how it works, quite obviously, do we have to like it? No. As an adult you should have figured this out a long time ago, people cant just do whatever they want. Or well you can, but you would have to face the consequense in that case. You can discuss moderation publically but you would get banned for it most likely. You could tell your boss to go **** himself as well, would you? Most likely not.

But discussing a matter like that isnt suited for public discussions since its a matter with you and the said moderator. Its the adult way.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by texn View Post
    Speech is for the week, just warararar!
    That'd be a filibuster. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Discussion of mod actions inevitably turns into a QQ mod bashing session.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Forum Fanatic
    Thank you bishop for that real answer

The Jerks.

Forum Addict
    Thank you bishop for that real answer
    You realize he also just said "thats the way it is" but just with a few extra words, right? So much entitlement in this community, it's amazing what some folks think they are owed. Now go draw us up a nice protest sign!

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Verminator View Post
    You realize he also just said "thats the way it is" but just with a few extra words, right? So much entitlement in this community, it's amazing what some folks think they are owed. Now go draw us up a nice protest sign!
    Bishop's post includes the implicit underlying assumption that "qq mod bashing sessions are bad." That's not a perfect answer, but that IS actually an answer, with a reference to values, as opposed to "the rules are the rules" which is entirely circular and useless. This is a distinction from what Korp contributed even if not a massive distinction.

In any case, I'm not sure what your first sentence has to do with your last two sentences. What does my question and/or Bishop's answer have to do with community entitlement and your ****ty attempt at sarcasm?

The Jerks.

Thread Information