Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Occupy Utopia

Octo reappears in glorious fashion, I knew he wasn't dead.

cop that topsy
    Redwood Originals ~Lowriders for life

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Hi Meep,

When i used to play solo in a true ghetto (i.e. everyone else in kd was below 1K acres), and my aim was to just grow (usually by just using pool), i'd often get "randomed" by a growth kd. And they would usually be multi hits e.g. 2 - 3 hits. If i retalled, i only got hit even harder. If i tried to diplo (without retal), most said, meh you shouldnt grow so big if you dont want to get randomed by us. One time, CR was exiting EOWCF and they started intelling me. I PM'd asking them not to hit (i had not hit them the entire age). Nick_Mi responded to me saying "if i cf u, i may as well cf the rest of utopia and quit playing this game". i got hit 3 times within 5 minutes. I retalled, and got hit 3 more times

Dunno is that reasonable to you? That top can take acres of you whenever they want, but if you steal gold back you get raze killed? Maybe it is, after all randoming is part of the game, the strong kds prey on the weak. but stealing gold is also part of the game, along with hundreds of other things, including raze killing

However most of the things people do, are to improve their province (random for acres, steal gold, learn targets). yes when i stole gold it was to help my province and assist my kd mates. All raze killing does is pretty much destroy the fun for an entire kd.

Maybe you like to be on your knees and service the top kds age after age. But not everyone does :)
    This is the best critique put forward of what is happening with the top kingdoms right now. But I don't think it really stands up. This is a war game and we are competing as KINGDOMS not as individual provinces. Yes, one lone province trying to grow is going to get smacked down. That's just the nature of the game now. The "top" also isn't some monolith, it's not the "bottom" against the top, generally we are all competing with each other and in an ideal world EVERYONE would be competing to grow as big as they could.

I'm honestly really confused why any of the bottom is complaining about the "top" razing them for stealing. If you aren't going for land does it even really affect you that much? And it seems pretty easy to stop if you want, just don't steal? Generally people don't complain about retals right? I suppose some ppl think that raze-killing some is disproportionate but that's really *all* anyone can do to try to stop the stealing, so why the QQ? Either don't steal or deal with it. Not like it really does all that much anyway and maybe it might inspire you to grow a bit and see how that works?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKremlin View Post
    generally we are all competing with each other and in an ideal world EVERYONE would be competing to grow as big as they could.
    Is this a joke post? The entire top has CF for the age in like yr 8. They are not competing with each other anymore this age for all practical purposes and you only point to the bottom not growing. ROFL at the bottom trying to grow into the great wall of CF kds allied to bottom feed for the next month. Yes part of the problem is the *warring* tier not wanting to grow leaving not enough competition in the top but at least think a little bit before you post. The exact problem is that the top is not competing anymore, they are not growing as big as they could because omg might get farmed, they are part of the EVERYONE in your post.

The issue for the warring tier is not some incredible skill gap. Yes things are different planning pool use and what not but it wouldn't take much more then an age of trial and error. The issue is the good ol boys club at the top that are what amounts to an entire alliance to fight for a *new* kd in the top. If the top was a lot more thunder dome and a lot less a NATO summit i would bet big $$ the warring tier would have no problem with growing and fighting in the top. They just have no desire to purchase a club membership and get screwed over by all the long time frenemies making deals that ultimately ruin any real hope a new entry would have, but in a totally welcoming way!!! Who wants to pay union dues for a few full ages to maybe sorta kinda start to get some fair treatment? Who wants to spend countless hours keeping up on all the gossip of who cf who how long? I don't play the sims.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Utopian View Post
    Is this a joke post? The entire top has CF for the age in like yr 8. They are not competing with each other anymore this age for all practical purposes and you only point to the bottom not growing. ROFL at the bottom trying to grow into the great wall of CF kds allied to bottom feed for the next month. Yes part of the problem is the *warring* tier not wanting to grow leaving not enough competition in the top but at least think a little bit before you post. The exact problem is that the top is not competing anymore, they are not growing as big as they could because omg might get farmed, they are part of the EVERYONE in your post.

The issue for the warring tier is not some incredible skill gap. Yes things are different planning pool use and what not but it wouldn't take much more then an age of trial and error. The issue is the good ol boys club at the top that are what amounts to an entire alliance to fight for a *new* kd in the top. If the top was a lot more thunder dome and a lot less a NATO summit i would bet big $$ the warring tier would have no problem with growing and fighting in the top. They just have no desire to purchase a club membership and get screwed over by all the long time frenemies making deals that ultimately ruin any real hope a new entry would have, but in a totally welcoming way!!! Who wants to pay union dues for a few full ages to maybe sorta kinda start to get some fair treatment? Who wants to spend countless hours keeping up on all the gossip of who cf who how long? I don't play the sims.
    Ummm, no, what actually happened was CR has already won (be great if the rounds were a bit shorter) and there is no point in suiciding against them. Unless you think we should get shady and gang up on CR? Is that what you are suggesting? I'm sure we will see plenty more wars between the 2-7 or so kingdoms or at least conflicts.

If more kingdoms were competing in the top this would have been better. CR probably would still be in a strong position (maybe even stronger) but they would have least been forced to fight for it a bit more.

Let me be clear, there is NOT a "good ol boys club" at the top that is keeping people out. WE are 100% an example of that not being the case. Our kingdom is mostly new players and 2 or 3 experienced hands. Who knows why the warring tier isn't stepping up more but all of that stuff you posted was just an excuse. My guess is you are afraid that you just won't be able to hack it at a higher level. Don't agree? Then step up and prove me wrong next age, you might even have some fun while you are at it.

Veteran
    One could very easily point to your experience this age as clear evidence of the good ol boys club where you were going to be forced into back to back engagements forever until someone took your acres. You drinking the cool-aid and seeing the happy side of it is on you. You were earning your strips and were not going to be given a fair shot that the other contenders would get.

Now I'll get you with some of your own ingenious reverse psychology. You are totally afraid to play next age without CFs. Anything you say about it will just be an excuse. Don't agree? then step up and prove me wrong next age and have some fun playing in that environment while you are at it.

Post Fiend
    One could very easily point to your experience this age as clear evidence of the good ol boys club where you were going to be forced into back to back engagements forever until someone took your acres. You drinking the cool-aid and seeing the happy side of it is on you. You were earning your strips and were not going to be given a fair shot that the other contenders would get.

Now I'll get you with some of your own ingenious reverse psychology. You are totally afraid to play next age without CFs. Anything you say about it will just be an excuse. Don't agree? then step up and prove me wrong next age and have some fun playing in that environment while you are at it.
    Lol, we played most of this age without CFs :) Those back to back to backs mean we didn't really need much considering we were quite occupied. Not quite sure why you think playing without CFs is equivalent to me encouraging people to try to grow and play in the top though. I'm not asking anyone to tie their hands behind their backs, just try competing for the main prize, the thing the game is built around.

And we still have our acres.... I mean there where plenty of wars in the top, Pyro / Pandas had a pretty epic conflict as well. Sometimes you have to back to back, is that a bad thing? Thought the main complaint about the top was a lack of action? I'm confused!

Ummm, no, what actually happened was CR has already won (be great if the rounds were a bit shorter) and there is no point in suiciding against them. Unless you think we should get shady and gang up on CR? Is that what you are suggesting? I'm sure we will see plenty more wars between the 2-7 or so kingdoms or at least conflicts.
    Care to bet your spot in your kingdom next age? No one in 2-7 wars each other again this age. Most have already made it clear they are in coast mode.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by glaurick View Post
    Care to bet your spot in your kingdom next age? No one in 2-7 wars each other again this age. Most have already made it clear they are in coast mode.
    Honestly, I can't speak for anyone else in the top but WE are expecting some more conflicts.

Veteran
    So you made it through like 1/2 an age without cf? nice work try harder to resist the urge next age? I was simply making fun of your silly attempt at reverse psychology to alter intent. The main point is the top done competing half way through the age. That's wonderful that they had some wars in the first 6 weeks.

I think this says it best.

I'm confused!

Regular
    I lol'ed even harder. I've been in plenty of warring tier kingdoms who have managed to break into the top, finishing within the top 10. You have to be so insanely active and available anytime at a moment's notice. That's the difference between the top and ghettos. Even in the warring tier most can't muster the activity needed for competition in the top. You don't like how things are? Tell Bishop to go back to the old days where kingdoms were limited to 20 players, there were no invites, and you would random into a kingdom you'd eventually call home. Also tell him to get rid of sitting. That'll help even the playing field, but it won't happen. The top spends real money to keep themselves in the top while ghettos typically spend next to nothing, if anything at all.

You simply don't have the dedication it takes to be in the top, and you lack the strategic know how. Most damning, you lack the activity. Take a shot at it next age, us "top" players will give you all the tips you need. I bet you'll fail. Cheers, and lol.

Veteran
    that's a pretty cool story about your utopia history.

Ohhhh, man I wish I could go back in time. I'd take state.

How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.

I have a question, have you ever looked at umunk activity scores? Its like, an objective tool for measuring such things. Why don't you go compare some of the top warring kd activity scores with the whoring kds and get back to me ok? Of all the reasons you could point to for why the top is better you chose activity srsly? I am just going to assume a Zauper or a Flogger or some other unfortunate leader has to write out detailed instructions to ensure you don't put your pants on backwards on a daily basis.

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    However most of the things people do, are to improve their province (random for acres, steal gold, learn targets). yes when i stole gold it was to help my province and assist my kd mates. All raze killing does is pretty much destroy the fun for an entire kd.

Maybe you like to be on your knees and service the top kds age after age. But not everyone does :)
    Top kingdoms stock an absurd amount of gc for their fights, because that's what's needed for those fights, if you come along and steal a significant amount of that then you're "destroying the fun for an entire kd" because if that happens to enough provs in the prepping kingdom then you risk ruining their chances in that war and in extension their chances to crown. They cannot afford to interrupt their prep just to smack some ghetto nubs around so they do it later, in a spectacular and draconian fashion. Learn your lesson and don't interfere with their fights and you won't get razed.
    This is a team game, not a solo game. So if you're significantly larger than the rest of your kingdom then you're probably interfering with the fun for the rest of your kingdom because they can't get wars etc. A top kingdom will mess with a large lonely province, they will, at least until the latter half of the age stay away from 5-7 provinces running good offence because those 5-7 provinces can outgain theirs, and they don't want to get held up resolving a ghetto fight because it slows them down. Past roughly half the age anybody in gains range of a top kd will get hammered and there's no stopping it unless you're big enough to put up a fight or have a good enough leader to have cf'ed them before that point comes.

If you're far from the strength in numbers the rest of your kingdom can provide, just like a nail if you stick out too much you will get hammered.
    Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day, Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

ummm the top is NOT all cf. we just served notice to pandas. we have another war dropping in yr 12. so we have at least 2 more wars and we are ranked #3. lets look at this a different way.

i come along looking for a land grab. i see a kd tagged hostile stay out. they have a UB tm and i hit it for those acres i need. that tm is now no longer UB and might just might dictate who wins that war.

now lets look at this side. i am sitting on 100 mil gc. i need to draft and train 250k soldiers then swap out 16k acres into a war build. someone comes along and steals 1/4 of that gc. now instead of being able to draft way down and be able to pay my wages for a long hostile i have to rethink and make do with what i have and might not be able to draft as deep which makes me weaker in a cow fight and may cost us the war.

how are these two things different? like cant we say that both sides are wrong? i took my step forward by talking to every kd that stole from us and i explained our situation. i offered to give them gc next time if they needed it. just ask first. the entire top is not asshats. our kd has razed 1 dude now for 2.5 days. do you think we liked doing it? i messaged him and told him i felt bad and asked him how we could make things right. not everyone is out to kill off a prov. we have yet to do it outside of war. we dont like randoming but sometimes we have no choice. but every time we random we take a risk.

i believe this whole mess has gone to far. the purpose of my thread about us razing was not to actually raze but i guess i was bored and thought it was a good idea. it got us a cf with those kingdoms and we actually became friends. i dunno i guess i see things with blinders on.
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

Is this a joke post? The entire top has CF for the age in like yr 8.
    I don't think all are. And it's fairly uncommon for that to happen anyway. Most big fights happen past YR8 normally.

They are not competing with each other anymore this age for all practical purposes and you only point to the bottom not growing.
    Purely speaking for my own kingdom, but we were never competing for KD charts anyway. Events early age lead to us being big, but we never made an attempt to get to #1. Takes too much time/effort. Took much more time to organize our fight against Emeriti than the combined time of our 3 early wars.

ROFL at the bottom trying to grow into the great wall of CF kds allied to bottom feed for the next month.
    We've got a few people randomming because it gives them something to do. Most of them are hitting provinces in their 90-110% NW range. Is that bottomfeeding? I was pretty sure 90-110% NW range gives best gains to attack on.

You think there's an alliance in the top? Just to summarize some of this ages fights (not in this particular order of time)
    #1 CR vs Pyro
    #2 Panda vs Pyro
    #3 Panda vs Pyro
    #4 CR vs Emeriti
    #5 CP vs ED
    #6 CP vs ED
    #7 CP vs Emeriti
    #8 Yolo vs Emeriti
    #9 Panda vs Crazy

And that's not all of them. But sure, continue to say that there's an alliance up here lol.

I have a question, have you ever looked at umunk activity scores? Its like, an objective tool for measuring such things. Why don't you go compare some of the top warring kd activity scores with the whoring kds and get back to me ok? Of all the reasons you could point to for why the top is better you chose activity srsly? I am just going to assume a Zauper or a Flogger or some other unfortunate leader has to write out detailed instructions to ensure you don't put your pants on backwards on a daily basis.
    Activity isn't relevant if you're not online when you need to be. Pointless to be online when you're not needed. It's a hoax that high activity is super important.
    I rather have someone who can log in within minutes of notice than someone who's online 20 hours a day and then totally unreachable for 4 hours.

Thread Information