Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Occupy Utopia

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by protector View Post
    I don't think all are. And it's fairly uncommon for that to happen anyway. Most big fights happen past YR8 normally.
    I know that, we are discussing the problem with this age. Part of the problem this age imo is this uncommon occurance that may become more common as player count dwindles.

We've got a few people randomming because it gives them something to do. Most of them are hitting provinces in their 90-110% NW range. Is that bottomfeeding? I was pretty sure 90-110% NW range gives best gains to attack on.
    Obviously I was refering to relative kd sizes...?

You think there's an alliance in the top? Just to summarize some of this ages fights (not in this particular order of time)
    Call it whatever you want. When a new kd joins the top who will get the worst deals? There is a lot of join the top fight harder fights talk in this thread. From what I have seen in the past I believe the top would line up around the block to fight the new kd and try to take enough land to jump over #1 before they would want to fight #1.

Activity isn't relevant if you're not online when you need to be. Pointless to be online when you're not needed. It's a hoax that high activity is super important.
    I rather have someone who can log in within minutes of notice than someone who's online 20 hours a day and then totally unreachable for 4 hours.
    So we agree his statement was at worst a silly metric and at best poorly worded?

Quote Originally Posted by 2Utopian View Post
    I know that, we are discussing the problem with this age. Part of the problem this age imo is this uncommon occurance that may become more common as player count dwindles.
    If the amount of competing KDs doesn't drop further, I don't see this becoming common.

Obviously I was refering to relative kd sizes...?
    If it's a random hit, what does it matter? I get your point if it's a wave, but if it's a random grab?
    If it's a concern that a bigger KD hits you, why isn't it a concern that a smaller KD robs a bigger KD? I've been robbed by kingdoms that we didn't hit once.

Random hits are fine, regardless of KD sizes. Random robs are fine, regardless of KD sizes.
    Random hitting or robbing into hostile is not fine.

Call it whatever you want. When a new kd joins the top who will get the worst deals? There is a lot of join the top fight harder fights talk in this thread. From what I have seen in the past I believe the top would line up around the block to fight the new kd and try to take enough land to jump over #1 before they would want to fight #1.
    Pyro didn't get bad deals. Pyro was pretty pro-active in asking others for advice.
    Shinra didn't get bad deals. I don't recall how active they where asking others for advice. All I know is they whored pretty good but then gave up the age after they lost their war (iirc their leader went mia after declaring war on Pyro)

So we agree his statement was at worst a silly metric and at best poorly worded?
    Yea :p

I keep trying to think about a situation in life where the more powerful don't dictate the way the less powerful act.....

I can't think of one. Why is what the top does wrong?

Now, to be clear, many on this board can likely recall my rants about the top and fairness in the past. I think what makes the current rants different is they are about the tops right to defend themselves as opposed to mine which were generally anti game mechanic focused. The top needs to be able to respond. Game mechanics make it impossible to trade land or gold or resources. There is only one option. Destruction. It's sad but true.

If you think the top should do something lighter, you are arguing that the offender should be able to pick their punishment. Clearly that is wrong. For further explanation see the gb threads from last age. What you really are upset about is you assumed that you only had a certain level of risk and now have discovered it is higher than anticipated. Well, that is how risk goes.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

These oppressive fools are legit worried we are gonna piss in their beers with this movement

Quote Originally Posted by Leet View Post
    These oppressive fools are legit worried we are gonna piss in their beers with this movement
    I just pooped a turd the size of a brick!

halp, Protector have occupied the toilet!
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Post Demon
    I highly doubt that.

You think they're already 'allied' and conspiring against the bottom?

If this came to fruition, the whoring KDs would just actually all NAP each other OOP, and all be quadruple your size by a week OOP when islands are revealed and you can actually coordinate anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai View Post
    halp, Protector have occupied the toilet!
    I hope you enjoy the oder of rotten eggs =)

They are so tough to pick on a 7mil nw kingdom and run away from war against a kingdom 1 mil smaller than them at 18mil...vaginas

Needs to get out more
    @ Leet and others -

Yeah, don't be discouraged. Look, I know a lot of the top guys are cool so I'm not into the hate. But, if you use it as motivation I say more power to you. The game could use it's share of chaos.

I think over time as you tangle with tops you'll grow an appreciation for the playing style. I'm not comfortable with bottom feeding so I'd never fit in a top kingdom but I love seeing the mechanics and coordination. There are some deep minds up there and I enjoy just listening to their insights.

I like the propaganda in forum and the absence of advice because it makes me use my mind to figure out what the hell they're doing. Just have fun and let the casuals in your kingdom know that everything's gonna be alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

They are so tough to pick on a 7mil nw kingdom and run away from war against a kingdom 1 mil smaller than them at 18mil...vaginas
    If you deliberately wave others into hostile and refuse to stop hitting because you're butthurt over giving them a button and losing a war against them, you're not entitled to talk about tough.

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    @ Leet and others -

Yeah, don't be discouraged. Look, I know a lot of the top guys are cool so I'm not into the hate. But, if you use it as motivation I say more power to you. The game could use it's share of chaos.

I think over time as you tangle with tops you'll grow an appreciation for the playing style. I'm not comfortable with bottom feeding so I'd never fit in a top kingdom but I love seeing the mechanics and coordination. There are some deep minds up there and I enjoy just listening to their insights.

I like the propaganda in forum and the absence of advice because it makes me use my mind to figure out what the hell they're doing. Just have fun and let the casuals in your kingdom know that everything's gonna be alright.
    There is much to agree with and appreciate with your input, and sentiments, as always (even tho I do not fully share the same sentiments).
    #magi

If you deliberately wave others into hostile and refuse to stop hitting because you're butthurt over giving them a button and losing a war against them, you're not entitled to talk about tough.
    Please do elaborate your example of this.

Quote Originally Posted by glaurick View Post
    Please do elaborate your example of this.
    I have no idea what retard is talking about.

Regular
    Apparently not growing in-line with the rest of your kd is against the parameters of the game, and you shouldnt do it. Oh wait. Every top kd does it (COW!?!)

!?!

Or is there different standards for ghettos and top kds!?

And apparently protector is highlighting the fact that waving into hostile is a weak/dick move (e.g. zombies into FS, or pyro into ED). But last age when BB waved into someone's war its 100% legit and pro tactic.

please note for the rulebook

Thread Information