Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: dear top of the warring tier

Dude. Just because you tried to be shady last age doesn't mean it's hard to war at the top. I mean serving notice into eowcf is a sure way to not make friends. Also this is our first age and its not to shabby. So if we can do it anyone can.
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

Long time reader, first time poster.

I am enjoying this plea for help from the top. Since it looks like Utopia is going to drop off soon, might as well go down in a fireball of blazin' glory.

Watching a top kd get raze waved to death from a bunch of ghetto kd's will be hilarious.

/me gets my shades and a seat ready for the fireworks

Has nothing to do with being shady CP, i pointed out its likely more wars at the top, but they are by no means easier.

Serving notice into eowcf where there was nothing in terms stopping it, and the fact we didnt actually hit into eowcf + we gave more then the ended notice before we hit, Panda knows this and was happy enough to war.... I also dont see why the notice was of anyone else concern then Panda's and I consider myself a friend of Panda, there was no hard feelings between myself, my kingdom or Panda during or after the war, there was however huge issues with BB who wanted to be involved and dictate how I and my kd should play the game.

Serving notice is a notice of dropping CF, it does not mean war us now or anything else, other then the CF will end and the terms previously set would need to be renegotiated, you also forget or is clueless to the fact i had previously contacted them to extent, which they could very easily have done, but they wanted acres which is fair enough and we were likely the easiest to get it from and although i appreciate some has strong opinions on this and looking back it was most likely a wrong move being new in the top as a KD... Doesnt remove the fact that everything i just said in my previous post is true.

I can name a bunch of KDs thats been abused and told not to try again because they ended up farming out, so spinning it to a "invite for all to grow and try it", only works if they dont farm out when trying and lets face it 95% of the KDs attempting would, simply because they dont have the skill, knowledge, activity, teamwork or experience to succeed and avoid it.
    Last edited by Aranfein; 09-11-2015 at 06:01.
    War is what happens when language fails.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty87 View Post
    Instead of 300 kds exploring upto the top. A better suggestion would be:

Why don't the top take an age off exploring and join the warring tier?
    Basically what StratO said.

You realize that the top kingdoms who looked for wars would inevitably end up near the top of the land chart anyways right? Because they don't intra-raze; because they don't land drop to bigger kingdoms; because aggressively searching for war leads to land gains; because success in war leads to land gains....

The Jerks.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty87 View Post
    Instead of 300 kds exploring upto the top. A better suggestion would be:

Why don't the top take an age off exploring and join the warring tier?
    Beastblood did that this age, we only had like 21 players at soa and warred small kds. Problem is after you farm out a few kds you get too big (which happened and we got too big unexpectedly - it was supposed to be our age off).

A better counter suggestion to your suggestion would be for war kds to stop land dropping to war easier targets. Land dropping is just lame, keep your acres, and use WWs for land not honor. In my book if you go for honor bonus or landdrop all it means is that you do not want to war tougher kingdoms and prefer warring easier kingdoms.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Or they simply wish to stay out of all the diplo games and the elitism.

As for the honour bonus when winning a war, you do realise there is a honour crown to play for too? which many values more then land crown.
    War is what happens when language fails.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Aranfein View Post
    Or they simply wish to stay out of all the diplo games and the elitism.
    Not sure what elitism means. Most top players are pretty humble imo.

As for diplo games, that's a fair point. But I can argue that diplo makes the game harder. So once again, there is a harder level to the game, but it's fair if people do not want to play there since it's just a game (and like a really old friggin game at that).

If it weren't for my friends in BB I would just quit tbh.

Thumbs up

As for the honour bonus when winning a war, you do realise there is a honour crown to play for too? which many values more then land crown.
    I'm pretty sure most people value land more than honor. You can make a poll and I guarantee you I'd be right...

Edit: I mean't that most people find land a tougher/higher value than honor, or something.
    Last edited by KuhaN; 09-11-2015 at 06:25.

CP you make me sad

I'm reading this forum for a long time but never got provoked enough to register and write.
    Chrystal Palace. From what I saw in the posts here and there and your opinion about Parth during your conflict with ED, I can honestly say you are just a little guy with severe complex, who for the first time got in the top and grew some hair on his balls.
    "Small kds grow", "Don't steal from me, imma raze you". Can you stop telling others what to do? That's just pathetic. This is a game in which everyone choses what to do and how to do it. It depends on how he will enjoy it.
    Here's a suggestion cause ur saying warring 3-4 kds is boring. Next age don't NAP anyone. Just start like "the noobs" who finish the age around 10-20mil. nw. Play the game, don't hide location soa. Get waved while hostile with another kd. This will give you some thrill and joy and maybe, you will see all of the game.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    Basically what StratO said.

You realize that the top kingdoms who looked for wars would inevitably end up near the top of the land chart anyways right? Because they don't intra-raze; because they don't land drop to bigger kingdoms; because aggressively searching for war leads to land gains; because success in war leads to land gains....
    this, but...

Quote Originally Posted by KuhaN View Post
    Beastblood did that this age, we only had like 21 players at soa and warred small kds. Problem is after you farm out a few kds you get too big (which happened and we got too big unexpectedly - it was supposed to be our age off).
    Not all the kds that war and win massively grow to be top 5. Its not hard to not end up in the top 2-3 all you have to do is just not use all your explore pool. You guys "fought" emeriti from a what 130% land advantage. You can easily war and stay reasonably sized all age without land dropping if u just keep most of your fights at 90-110% land.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    this, but...

Not all the kds that war and win massively grow to be top 5. Its not hard to not end up in the top 2-3 all you have to do is just not use all your explore pool. You guys "fought" emeriti from a what 130% land advantage. You can easily war and stay reasonably sized all age without land dropping if u just keep most of your fights at 90-110% land.
    That's true, we used our explore as well as farmed kingdoms in war. I don't remember how much bigger we were than our targets but think we were a little bigger.

It's hard not using pool though, I don't know how kingdoms just leave it alone!

It's easy Kuhan, do not look directly at the "explore button" ;)

No offense CP, but why on earth would anyone in warring tier even bother/attempt to grow big for acres... The top has their way of play and if you dont follow the invisible handbook you get backstabbed, abused, threats, PK'd, and dictated on how to play and speak, theres simply no fun to be had, on top of that doing diplo to get a chance to try growth rather then be a farm is impossible because they dont wish to CF unless the rest has, because then they lack behind on easy acres.

Dont get me wrong, wars are easier to get nowdays in growth then war tier, but from a monarchs perspective, unless you're an ass kisser or have all the time in the world (which many dont have nowdays in Utopia), its near impossible unless you stick with it for 4/5 ages in a row, by which time most of your kingdom mates who originally thought it would be fun, has left or wants to go back into war tier and it breaks the kingdom..

So unless you got a KD with many former growth players and a monarch who has the stamina/contacts and perseverance to handle all the bull, then it quickly removes all the fun out of the game... Oh and dont forget to ask for a copy of the Invisible Handbook and make sure you read it well, before the age starts.
    Lets just say it does require dedication to do it. And yes, you will most likely lose your first fight(s), but so did Pyro. They went through the whole 'process' from war to whore.
    The tricky part is to not get demotivated after a loss.

Despite our differences, I think your KD doesn't get so demotivated after a loss, simply because you've had your share of wars your enemy had to NW drop a bunch. Fights you could never win.

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by KuhaN View Post
    That's true, we used our explore as well as farmed kingdoms in war. I don't remember how much bigger we were than our targets but think we were a little bigger.

It's hard not using pool though, I don't know how kingdoms just leave it alone!
    our rule is explore during eowcf. when costs are high it limits how much you use. For example up untill we just grew we typically hovered in the 25-27k acres worth of pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    You guys "fought" emeriti from a what 130% land advantage.
    More like 116-117% orso if I'm not mistaken.

Thread Information