Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: dear top of the warring tier

Quote Originally Posted by KuhaN View Post
    That's true, we used our explore as well as farmed kingdoms in war. I don't remember how much bigger we were than our targets but think we were a little bigger.

It's hard not using pool though, I don't know how kingdoms just leave it alone!
    Except for our first war, everyone was smaller. First one was relatively even. We NW dropped on the 2nd and 3rd. I think you missed both NW drops ;)

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by protector View Post
    More like 116-117% orso if I'm not mistaken.
    eeh all i remember is u were out of nw range for normal declare during at least part of the hostile. And that gets at the "whore kds whore" theory. You guys might of been "off" but you were 100% whoring all age instead of using massacres in war to control sizes and only exploring your chains. The better kds do grow but its hardly needed as far as finding good wars and stops you from getting cornered into bad wars up top.

Oh I agree protector, my kd picked larger kd for a few reasons.

1). We use it to not get bored, simply because when everyone else runs inrange, we prefer waving up rather then down, we play for the fun/social bit and don't mind a heavy loss.

2). A growth never turn a fight down they know they can win (despite many pming us laughing saying, you thought you could get away with hitting us, or surprise waaaar), in truth we always expect a big to landdrop to war.

3). We also wave a growth if they are under trained sitting in normal, personally I do it cause they deserve it, we'll knowing they will nw drop, I just don't like the principle of people feeling "untouchable"(not sure right word for it) and not being prepared, regardless of my kds size.

We do get demotivated at times but that usually comes from having to postpone planned waves cause everyone is fortified, sitting doing nothing or when you prepare for war exchange hits and tag hostile to avoid other war tiers hitting in, then you got a bunch of small kingdoms or growth kds hitting in, for 2 different reasons but both able to remove a number of planned advantages.
    War is what happens when language fails.

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    eeh all i remember is u were out of nw range for normal declare during at least part of the hostile. And that gets at the "whore kds whore" theory. You guys might of been "off" but you were 100% whoring all age instead of using massacres in war to control sizes and only exploring your chains. The better kds do grow but its hardly needed as far as finding good wars and stops you from getting cornered into bad wars up top.
    We never got out of declare range. Drakes where being sent and the drake range is smaller (85%) than declare range (75%).
    I think we barely made it out of dragonrange by the time we CFed. That would however, have only been temporary. If it went to war and they'd pull of 2-3 relatively deep chains, we'd sink enough NW to drop back in range.

In the other fights we had we didn't massacre because we didn't need it.
    Our strategy vs Emeriti was to aim at hitting down 1 faery and 2 halflings during hostile. We had a halfling and a faery down, the middle halfling was getting broken by our orcs and dropped into core range. Was a matter of time until he sunk below 2k acres.
    Our goal was to send a bunch of massacres with out cows once it went to war on their large faery and halfling. The idea was to do a bankwave (so 7 masses per target) on each. If more would be needed, we'd do more.
    Inevitably that'd make them fairly useless. Using this strategy was our only chance to win a long term fight. Leaving TMs untouched wouldn've likely allowed them to op our banks and eventually take em down.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranfein View Post
    Oh I agree protector, my kd picked larger kd for a few reasons.

1). We use it to not get bored, simply because when everyone else runs inrange, we prefer waving up rather then down, we play for the fun/social bit and don't mind a heavy loss.

2). A growth never turn a fight down they know they can win (despite many pming us laughing saying, you thought you could get away with hitting us, or surprise waaaar), in truth we always expect a big to landdrop to war.

3). We also wave a growth if they are under trained sitting in normal, personally I do it cause they deserve it, we'll knowing they will nw drop, I just don't like the principle of people feeling "untouchable"(not sure right word for it) and not being prepared, regardless of my kds size.

We do get demotivated at times but that usually comes from having to postpone planned waves cause everyone is fortified, sitting doing nothing or when you prepare for war exchange hits and tag hostile to avoid other war tiers hitting in, then you got a bunch of small kingdoms or growth kds hitting in, for 2 different reasons but both able to remove a number of planned advantages.
    Looks like the main culprit for people aborting their mission towards whoring, you've already overcome ;)
    Sure, diplo plays a factor in whoring. A big one. Gotta know and remember when you CF who and how to prepare conflict against your opponent. But that's also a fun factor.
    Say it's Jan YR4, you've got a CF to expire Jan YR5. Think about how your opponent uses it's pool, what options he has with military and how you think you can out-strategize him. Hostiles are at times boring, but also interesting. Wars itself mostly don't go far beyond mintime.

A few reasons why I like top wars more than other wars:
    1) Bigger numbers (its more fun to see 1k+ acre grabs than 50acre grabs, or 4k troop props than 40 troop props.)
    2) Strong competition
    3) Planning/strategy (the what would your opponent do stuff, how to counter it etc)

Post Demon
    We never got out of declare range. Drakes where being sent and the drake range is smaller (85%) than declare range (75%).
    I think we barely made it out of dragonrange by the time we CFed. That would however, have only been temporary. If it went to war and they'd pull of 2-3 relatively deep chains, we'd sink enough NW to drop back in range.

In the other fights we had we didn't massacre because we didn't need it.
    Our strategy vs Emeriti was to aim at hitting down 1 faery and 2 halflings during hostile. We had a halfling and a faery down, the middle halfling was getting broken by our orcs and dropped into core range. Was a matter of time until he sunk below 2k acres.
    Our goal was to send a bunch of massacres with out cows once it went to war on their large faery and halfling. The idea was to do a bankwave (so 7 masses per target) on each. If more would be needed, we'd do more.
    Inevitably that'd make them fairly useless. Using this strategy was our only chance to win a long term fight. Leaving TMs untouched wouldn've likely allowed them to op our banks and eventually take em down.
    This is a really fancy way of describing a conflict that Emeriti had an exactly 0% chance to win from the start unless you guys **** the bed horribly ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    This is a really fancy way of describing a conflict that Emeriti had an exactly 0% chance to win from the start unless you guys **** the bed horribly ;)
    Your choice of words is insulting.
    #magi

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    Your choice of words is refreshing.
    fixed for you, yw.

Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    You think they had 0% chance to win? This is probably why your KD lost so badly to us last age ;p

Sure we had better odds than Emeriti, but I dont think that given our setup, size spreading and lack of TMs it was much more than 60/40.
    I have to add that I expected them to play a bit different than they did.

Veteran
    it was much more than 60/40.
    I am loving this next stage in the evolution of the classic cj 50/50.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Utopian View Post
    fixed for you, yw.
    That is libel.
    #magi

Scribe
    The real issue is that if warring kingdoms don't voluntarily drop acres , someone will take the acres anyway. I hate dropping land but for the first time this age I caved because it was the only way to get some war prep time. Had we not asked for a land drop someone would have constantly hit into our big provinces making prep impossible.

Protector your right, we have kept same lineup for many ages now, and although i dont play right now, im counting on playing next and i might decide to give growth a try if the kingdom wants to, but for me it wasnt so much the growth thats an issue or the way the wars are, i fairly like the wars like that and though i hadnt been in it for quite some time, i felt i did a good job leading a kd with only 2 former growth players (both just core players), it was a big challenge to try and sort everything as i was leading on my own and there simply wasnt any around with the experience/knowledge to help if i was busy, I had to relay on outside help (Thanks Panda & cJ), these both offered to step in a guide if i was busy, even offered to help run a war, now i didnt accept that as i wanted to refresh but same time teach my players how it is.

Sure we made our mistakes and had bad blood with a few, but instead of discouraging like it was the case last age from flogger etc, the acknowledgement of someone trying to bring more challenge in the top should be supported rather then shot down, and you have to give space for mistakes, without threatening to PK the whole KD just cause you dont like what you see.

I felt my KD was extremely hard done by seeing we didnt actually break any rules nor farm out to anyone, yes the notice was a mistake and flogger did say it was and asked me to change it, i didnt because i still felt i was in my right and i learned not to do it again.. but not from the threats or the bull, instead that just discouraged me from bothering again and i took a step back this age, where you likely could have had another KD up there had we not been given a bunch of abuse for trying and making a few mistakes there wasnt actually any rule about other then flogger/bb didnt agree. (I even asked a few KDs before i did it, and they said it was okay, but they all stayed silent when **** hit the fan and i didnt feel the need to involve them as i was clearly led behind and butt****ed, for something that was done to me last time i played in the top few kds..).

Enough rambling, just try be more supportive and allow for KDs to make their own mistakes if you want more up there, you can give advice but you cant force people to follow it.
    Last edited by Aranfein; 09-11-2015 at 17:46.
    War is what happens when language fails.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Utopian View Post
    I am loving this next stage in the evolution of the classic cj 50/50.
    60/40 =! 50/50

Quote Originally Posted by Goodwitch View Post
    The real issue is that if warring kingdoms don't voluntarily drop acres , someone will take the acres anyway. I hate dropping land but for the first time this age I caved because it was the only way to get some war prep time. Had we not asked for a land drop someone would have constantly hit into our big provinces making prep impossible.
    The smaller you get, the more provinces that can hit you.

Thread Information