Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Dear "Ghettos"

Quote Originally Posted by Sulimo View Post
    Heh, misunderstood your comment then. Besides, I never said I don't steal....

Please stop assuming I lie or cry or basically anything else you really don't know anything about. I even wrote before that taking acres in exchange for my taking gold is fair game and makes sense to me...if you're hitting once or twice into a hostile or war in response to me stealing a couple of millions I really won't come crying. Of course, it won't stop me from doing the same thing again the next time the kd needs an influx of cash. I think Cello can confirm, if you like.

In regards to the "growth kds don't plunder", this may hold true for those in the top 5 because they're still too occupied getting #1. But if true, you'll just be hitting our top provinces down whenever the opportunity arises. I don't mind.....so stop minding me stealing a penny here and there (yes, it is a penny compared to the amount you have). Also, the rest of the kds does sometimes plunder. And being >2x our size really won't stop them.
    I'm not saying this to be politically correct, and my comment will be in some ways short sighted, but if they let kingdoms take a "penny" whenever they want, they will eventually find over 100 kingdoms doing it, and find themselves broke.
    #magi

Post Fiend
    I'm not saying this to be politically correct, and my comment will be in some ways short sighted, but if they let kingdoms take a "penny" whenever they want, they will eventually find over 100 kingdoms doing it, and find themselves broke.
    Oh, definitely. And they're free to hit me. But it gets odd when it is a reason to attempt to ruin my age, wouldn't you say?

Have to say though, so far it's good fun being razed...wonder how long I can last :-)

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    You mean, we have more efficient means of doing our prep?!?!?!

/me tries to reconcile reality with the forums causing his head to explode!

ok, seriously, when the top is amassing gold in prep for a war
    1) we know what the war commencement date is
    2) we know what hte hostile commencement date is
    3) we have no military because we are prepping resources to create our optomized army.
    4) we are not touching ANY war KD because we don't want to invite you all to get in our way
    5) we are not even looking at any war KD or small KD because we don't want to invite attention.

So, to say we hit you in prep for our wars is just patently false to anyone who understands how a top war is run. To say that we plunder you at any time outside of the first two to three days is patently false. To say that we learn you at any time other than if we are forced to mess with you is patently false.
    This is exactly the problem

I think everyone "understands" that it is extremely efficient to sit on 20% draft, stock huge amounts of gold, then convert/train at the last minute just prior to hostile/war.

Except literally no one in the ghetto ever does this. You know why? Its not because we are too noob to try this "pro strat", but because we respect the fact that there are 3000+ other COMPETITORS out there who will take our undefended resources.

The top thinks that if you CF the closest kds, you are entitled to sit in your bubble and play this way. Yeh, you get away with it most of the time - definitely way more than a ghetto kd would get away with, and it pays off, but from time to time (it should really be more often), someone is going to take your resources.

Furthermore, if you employ such a strategy, and you get robbed, it is likely that the kd you are going to war will also be getting robbed. Meaning head to head, its mostly neutral (I know I for one didn't target a specific kd the entire age). Except now, certain ghettos have grudges against certain top kds, so instead of the robbing being mostly neutral (when one top kd is compared to another), theres going to be some malice involved in the robbing/plunders - meaning the theft of gold will be lobsided (not a threat, just an observation)

Anyone play a starcraft free for all? In that game, its also very efficient to build nothing but workers, mine infinite resources, and then train tier 3 military and obliterate your opponents. Why doesn't anyone do this? because they respect that they could get hit by anyone at anytime

So yeh, if you think this is a good strategy and it works for you, continue to do it. Most of the time it will work, but if it doesn't, at least have the balls to retal right then or shortly then after, rather than waiting for week 9 when the top is locked up and you are all CF'd

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    This is exactly the problem

I think everyone "understands" that it is extremely efficient to sit on 20% draft, stock huge amounts of gold, then convert/train at the last minute just prior to hostile/war.

Except literally no one in the ghetto ever does this. You know why? Its not because we are too noob to try this "pro strat", but because we respect the fact that there are 3000+ other COMPETITORS out there who will take our undefended resources.

The top thinks that if you CF the closest kds, you are entitled to sit in your bubble and play this way. Yeh, you get away with it most of the time - definitely way more than a ghetto kd would get away with, and it pays off, but from time to time (it should really be more often), someone is going to take your resources.

Furthermore, if you employ such a strategy, and you get robbed, it is likely that the kd you are going to war will also be getting robbed. Meaning head to head, its mostly neutral (I know I for one didn't target a specific kd the entire age). Except now, certain ghettos have grudges against certain top kds, so instead of the robbing being mostly neutral (when one top kd is compared to another), theres going to be some malice involved in the robbing/plunders - meaning the theft of gold will be lobsided (not a threat, just an observation)

Anyone play a starcraft free for all? In that game, its also very efficient to build nothing but workers, mine infinite resources, and then train tier 3 military and obliterate your opponents. Why doesn't anyone do this? because they respect that they could get hit by anyone at anytime

So yeh, if you think this is a good strategy and it works for you, continue to do it. Most of the time it will work, but if it doesn't, at least have the balls to retal right then or shortly then after, rather than waiting for week 9 when the top is locked up and you are all CF'd
    No, darkl1ght that is not it at all.

We do that with the understand that at least some of our gold will get stolen. The question is not, does some get stolen but how much and does it screw our preparation. If you take enough to make us want to get revenge, then we will. It is not at all unreasonable to come and get revenge.

Lets look at it this way... Lets say your grandma likes to make cookies. She is otherwise a helpless old lady making cookies and having a wonderful time making cookies. Is the person who breaks into her kitchen and beats the hell out of her and steals the cookies somehow properly insulated from your grandma doing a training montage and seeking revenge? I don't think so...... Does you grandma have to do it right then, or can she take her time? Why does the thief of the cookies get to decide what is fair and when justice is to be handed out?

stop stealing grandma's cookies.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Quote Originally Posted by bluorr View Post
    Some mistakes have been made, no deny about that. And i`m not talking about stealing the gees. I am talking about the diplomacy part. But, we are aware of these flaws and we are working on improving and already took measures about it. Pyro can confirm this, in the light of the continuous attempts for reconciliation conducted for the past couple of days.

Anri, if there is any unfinished business with us, i will gladly stay for a chat with you and together find a way that`s pleasant for both sides.
    With this post from you i consider our business to be finished.
    It felt humble and i think Pyro is teaching you to understand.
    We have the same stance as them.

Have fun!
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheister View Post
    No, darkl1ght that is not it at all.

We do that with the understand that at least some of our gold will get stolen. The question is not, does some get stolen but how much and does it screw our preparation. If you take enough to make us want to get revenge, then we will. It is not at all unreasonable to come and get revenge.

Lets look at it this way... Lets say your grandma likes to make cookies. She is otherwise a helpless old lady making cookies and having a wonderful time making cookies. Is the person who breaks into her kitchen and beats the hell out of her and steals the cookies somehow properly insulated from your grandma doing a training montage and seeking revenge? I don't think so...... Does you grandma have to do it right then, or can she take her time? Why does the thief of the cookies get to decide what is fair and when justice is to be handed out?

stop stealing grandma's cookies.
    I think you analogy is off... if someone were to beat grandma that implies plunders/tm/razes :p

Perhaps talking about stealing her dough, chocolate chips, and hell even her stove might have been better for this example. Cookies seems to represent trained troops and converted buildings.... comon Sheister I expect better from you.
    Last edited by Slayerviper; 19-11-2015 at 22:04.

Post Fiend
    Sheister has a very mean grandma :-|

I tend to think in terms of cookies (books, in my case since I just sit around on extreme masturbating science all age long). Like, so far I don't care (personally) about specter cause they are not causing me enough problems to have to change my build yet so I can still sit around on extreme and raze them so all is well. If they get to where I have to reduce my schools, banks and homes... well maybe I will get annoyed.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Enthusiast
    Ok - that grandma analogy is an awful analogy.

KDs like Pyro are hardly the old decrepit Grandma in the situation.

It is more like your old Grandma being an accountant for a 1%-er wall street banker and embezzling money.

If it is a small amount the banker might not notice -- if it is noticeable they will probably have you arrested and prosecuted without mercy =P

WITH THAT SAID.

This thread is really stupid.

The same rules apply to every kd up and down the charts.

If you walk out on the playground and poke the kid bigger than you, you do so at the risk of getting punched in the face.

It doesn't matter if you are the #1 land/nw kd in utopia or the #100 kd.

If the #200 kd does a learn wave on the #100 kd, the #100 kd will probably exercise their right to punch the #200 kd in the face just like the #1 kd would do to the #20 kd.

You have to defend your turf if you want people to respect it.
    #jesters
    - === Interested in joining? === -

:(

no love for the training montage? I thought I would get some love for the training montage....

Forum Addict
    You just need to make the first move...and diplo....Everything will end up fine...ur gaming experience will be enhance.
    Why bear grudge....Regardless top or bottom...

Let me take this opportunity to recount the exact events that happened prior to the razes, and while doing so, call out the BS this Spectre KD is trying to feed to everyone.

I'm gonna post logs of in-game messages sent, and mind you, you have to read bottom to top since I copied it straight from in-game mail.

This kd has been robbing us non-stop since our end of first war with Pandas when we exited EOWCF early to prep for round 2. We lived with it and we moved on.
    Post Pandas Round 2, we exited EOWCF early again to tactically prepare since there was likelihood of Round 3.
    The robs continued, and this time it became too much to handle, my nubs shared the news in the whatsapp. Smallest guy in range of their TMs decided to make a retal on them since they already robbed a lot. That was not my call; just an outcome the nubs came to agreeing with while I was sleeping.

In the meantime, there were many small KDs eyeing our stock (I blame munk for OOW tracking!) and we sent several messages to many KDs to let us prepare our fight and sent an open CF offer, while missing out on Spectre for some reason. Thats where you can see from the logs I thought I had sent a CF offer for 12h, but it was only 4h old. All other war kds closed the CF offer and wished me good luck for my fight.

So I messaged their monarch for a CF and explained they are interfering with my prep. He replies, I'll tell them to back off from the stealing.

I asked him to close the CF offer because nubs cant be trusted to not rob off the radar.

And so they did, but not before emptying their stealth on 1 specific province (lucky strike) dropping her gold from 10m to 2m (they already emptied her from 20 to 10m when talks started).

So I messaged them, why do that? Thats unclassy.

And their response was to goad at me and say, well you're free to break the cf now if you like, I wouldnt have CF you in the first place if not for my steward.

Considering the impending fight we have, I let it pass, and was prepared to let it pass anyway.

Spectre shortly went into a war and we eventually CFed Pandas. After their war ended, they broke the CF from their end and continued to rob. And I cant stop laughing at the figure they keep putting out there. It's always 1.5 million.

So we started to raze them. Diplo was fairly straightforward, monarch asked me why, I said, because you robbed us.

And seems like they dont get the message. If they did get the message I would stop after 10 razes or so. His reply to me was, Ok fine. Let's hostile. And they proceeded to tag hostile, hit back at us and FG all of us, until they got stuck by the meter from progressing further.

In between the first hit and their monarch being killed, I had many of their provinces who were neither monarch nor steward messaging me asking me to move on and not ruin the gaming experience of 24 others, which I didnt pay too much attention to. I replied some, but not all.

Logs:
    Sender The Wealthy Count Ernst Stavro Blofeld of Number 1 (:)
    Recipient The Wealthy King Store Manager of Its A Store And More (me)
    Subject Re:Hi
    It was hardly a stealth dump lol I have no clue, please do tell me.

The Wealthy King Store Manager of Its A Store And More (me) said: > >
    my bad on the cf offer up for 12h. i have sent standing cf offers to too many kds. you're right it was for 4h. and a stealth dump did happen just before the cf was accepted.

8m on one guy is malicious no? if you had robbed ACROSS the kd its not that bad. how are we going to fix that deficit on 1 province? You know how TB works in this game right?

The Wealthy King Ernst Stavro Blofeld of Number 1 (me) said: I was never planning on cfing up, my noob steward did for some reason, I'm good with breaking the cf, if you would like. And cf proposal was there for 4 hours. And if stealing 8mill is cleaning you out, damn

The Wealthy King Store Manager of Its A Store And More (me) said: Well 2 provinces or 20 those 2 cleaned my guy at 5k from 10m to 2m.
    And I've replied you its better to just close a cf in game which you took 24h to reply and react even after the mail was read. Truth is dude tells in group chat about you robbing, then someone saw it and hit you because no in game cf was put in yet, while being unaware that I had messaged you for diplo. In any case reading a message and taking 24h to read and act on wasn't nice and I've sent the cf offer which was standing for at least 12 hours before you accepted, and not without a stealth dump.

The Wealthy King Ernst Stavro Blofeld of Number 1 (:) said: I did inform them and then you decided to hit us again. And there was no arranged time to dump stealth, it was two provinces that stole, I would have had a lot more online if I was going to arrange anything.

The Wealthy King Store Manager of Its A Store And More (me) said: Really?

Thats what you call by "informing the peeps to let you prepare for a war"? To standby and login at an arranged time to dump stealth and rob us dry before accepting CF?

The Wealthy King Ernst Stavro Blofeld of Number 1 (:) said:
    I've informed the peeps to let u prepare for ur war.

The Wealthy King Store Manager of Its A Store And More (me) said: Your guys are robbing my dudes while we're starting to get ready for a fight.

I know we've made a few random grabs on your guys for land few days back but lets move on with a cf so we can start preparing for our fight?
    Last edited by 13nesta13; 20-11-2015 at 04:21.
    PyroManiaCs Monarch #Pyromaniacs

Post Fiend
    Heh, I must admit the kd was all geared up vs top kds due to rumours about this 'occupy utopia' stuff. We then figured it didn't make much sense on our own so we went and looked for a new war. And then Pyros came razing without (officially anyway) allowing diplo. So we did what looked like the only real option: Have fun while getting razed. Really, you didn't expect a kd to retaliate after 10 razes and no diplo?

Sulimo,

We don't expect anything in particular other than for you all to stop the whining when you do what you did. You started it, now sthu and take the consequences and stop crying about it.

Whoo! Woo! 100
    oh snap im actually writing on utopia forums

it's been a pleasure burning pyros gold. Never ever have i ever done a 20mil gold fools gold just to burn gold;< I LOVE GOLD. But thats what happens when i can't steal 1mil gold per op anymore:<

I WENT ALL MEDIEVAL ON THEIR ARSES MUHUHUHUHU

Just keep punishing, i don't mind lol - your goal was to finish "top 4 land" gz:)) you made it
    QQ

Thread Information