Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hitting into Another war

Hitting into Another war

Ok so we are an active warring kingdom who love a hard fought tough war and have a good WW record.

We are currently in a war with a kingdom who waved us and gave the button after initally not being willing to war until we had already had issues with other kingdoms and been hit and made hits quite a bit (another standard utopia chicken kingdom move tbh)

We have come across a couple of issues which have highlighted to me the terrible game mechanics that are still in this game after so many years and yet another reason probably why user base is falling.

The situation:

We dont sit on our backsides OOW we actively wave people a similar size to us to try and get war, is this a bad thing i personally dont think so?

Kingdom 1

we waved a kingdom (before the hit began from the kingdom we ended up warring) they retalled quite a bit so we assumed war (as no one said otherwise) and started and part funded a gold drake

They then sent a CF we were planning on doing a learn wave then cutting our losses and move on but then they cancelled the CF request with the button already theirs for a long time due to meter points accumulated, obviously we cannot leave this like this with a open hostile so we fully funded drake and carried on with hits (as anyone would) assuming war, we then got waved by the other kingdom while the other kingdom had gone fort and not pushed button for 3 days. We then pressed button cancelled (when we could have sent) the FULLY FUNDED drake on them and exchanged messages saying good luck etc....

They are now mass razing into our war??

Kingdom 2

Prior to these two thing above happening we were again waving to try and find war we came across a Tm heavy kingdom who we offered war to they then said they needed a day and a half (bearing in mind they had alot more acres NW and an extra province), i decided we would not wait this long as it was clear they were looking for a one sided war with us so decided to wave them as my kingdom was getting bored with no war for a week, the M pissed and moaned for a bit and despite beoing bigger with more acre NW and extra province and the war button sent a CF, we were obviously annoyed so we did a few more learns and then accept CF.

We are now in this war and they are now also razing into our war??

HOW THE FRIGGING HELL DO THE GAME MECHANICS MAKE THIS POSSIBLE IT IS A JOKE

We are clearly winning our war on uniques attacks acres unbreakables, offence and it would be a standard WW for us (even though yet again we were behind on NW and acres initially) but have now had one province killed with the next one being worked on in first 16 hours of war by kingdoms 1 and 2 this is just a joke and makes a mockery of the war mechanics in the game.

This really does not help the game or its player base in my opinion and worst of all discourages kingdoms to go out and wave for wars and given that most kingdoms now in utopia only want to fight one sided wars on there terms what options will we have left to fight decent wars?

be interested to hear other peoples thoughts and experiences on this particularly anyone who actually has any say in game mechanics etc...........

Enthusiast
    If the facts are as you say. I hope you find outside support.

I agree. The game mechanics need to change. Otherwise more and more people will get frustrated and leave the game.

Forum Addict
    well, before blaming other kds & mechanics, you should look to make everything correct yourself.. on both situations, you have left the field with a blank cf which can easily be ignored - make sure you take up cfs with terms, such as end of age cf, or cf until yr x, or cf with notice terms that cant be served into active hostiles/wars.. such bad events tend to occur, when you leave a grumpy kd pissed at you behind your back to fight someone else.. diplo & inter-kd relations are very vital parts of the game, and it seems like you really need to use those more effectively in the future..

The whole point of this post is what? You pissed people off and now they come for you when it hurts?

Cuddly Panda Troll

PyroManiaCs Official Troll from April 13th 2014 to January 2015

Quote Originally Posted by LoRD_SaMPuaN View Post
    well, before blaming other kds & mechanics, you should look to make everything correct yourself.. on both situations, you have left the field with a blank cf which can easily be ignored - make sure you take up cfs with terms, such as end of age cf, or cf until yr x, or cf with notice terms that cant be served into active hostiles/wars.. such bad events tend to occur, when you leave a grumpy kd pissed at you behind your back to fight someone else.. diplo & inter-kd relations are very vital parts of the game, and it seems like you really need to use those more effectively in the future..
    TBH a CF is a CF which can be broken at anytime and regardless of what someone agrees with you they can always go back on it so kinda pointless trying to agree something (especially with people this ignorant!). To clarify i have no issue with a kingdom breaking a CF to do some learns or wave to set another war up but hitting into someone else war is the issue i have.

It is a war game i like wars i am not a diplomat i am a strategist and wins wars with that not diplomacy, perhaps you are right but how exactly could diplomacy help me out here? when someone sends or agrees a CF or does not press war button for 3 days then waves into your war?

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by dark viking View Post
    TBH a CF is a CF which can be broken at anytime and regardless of what someone agrees with you they can always go back on it so kinda pointless trying to agree something (especially with people this ignorant!). To clarify i have no issue with a kingdom breaking a CF to do some learns or wave to set another war up but hitting into someone else war is the issue i have.

It is a war game i like wars i am not a diplomat i am a strategist and wins wars with that not diplomacy, perhaps you are right but how exactly could diplomacy help me out here? when someone sends or agrees a CF or does not press war button for 3 days then waves into your war?
    this is a war game but not ONLY a war game.. diplo is an important part of it, and might get all your work ruined as can be seen in your example.. its not complicated rly, you pissed off ppl & they want you to get hurt.. as much as i dont agree with hitting into war, the one to blame isnt always the other party or the mechanics.. its easy to call ppl ignorant and blame them for the situation you found yourself in, but i would advice you to take it as a lesson & improve yourself on ways to avoid such situations in the future..

Quote Originally Posted by faegan View Post
    The whole point of this post is what? You pissed people off and now they come for you when it hurts?

I explained the point of this post, perhaps you should read it again and respond with something constructive instead?? Grow up, i am grown up, im nearly 30 ffs!!!

I am happy to fight with either kingdom on fair terms as i have demonstrated, but neither of them is willing to entertain the idea so looks like we now have a personal vendetta with eachother the whole age, is that good for the game?? I think not

I explained the point of this post, perhaps you should read it again and respond with something constructive instead?? Grow up, i am grown up, im nearly 30 ffs!!!

I am happy to fight with either kingdom on fair terms as i have demonstrated, but neither of them is willing to entertain the idea so looks like we now have a personal vendetta with eachother the whole age, is that good for the game?? I think not
    Opening post: TL;DR

As for personal vendetta... isn't that fun? It's a war game! Kill 'em all!

[EDIT] LOL! 30 y/o, you still wet behind ears, Daniel-san! [/EDIT]
    Cuddly Panda Troll

this is a war game but not ONLY a war game.. diplo is an important part of it, and might get all your work ruined as can be seen in your example.. its not complicated rly, you pissed off ppl & they want you to get hurt.. as much as i dont agree with hitting into war, the one to blame isnt always the other party or the mechanics.. its easy to call ppl ignorant and blame them for the situation you found yourself in, but i would advice you to take it as a lesson & improve yourself on ways to avoid such situations in the future..
    Ok so you are suggesting i should not wave anyone for fear they may get upset and hit into my wars, or i wave people them apologise and beg that they hold true to the CF for thew whole age, not likely!!!

I am not sure if you play in a warring kingdom or not but if you do hopefully you will realise wars just do not find you in the game anymore.

YET ANOTHER REASON WHY ITS ABOUT TIME UTOPIA DID AUTOMATED WAR MATCHING TO AVOID ALL OF THIS BS

Ok so you are suggesting i should not wave anyone for fear they may get upset and hit into my wars, or i wave people them apologise and beg that they hold true to the CF for thew whole age, not likely!!!

I am not sure if you play in a warring kingdom or not but if you do hopefully you will realise wars just do not find you in the game anymore.

YET ANOTHER REASON WHY ITS ABOUT TIME UTOPIA DID AUTOMATED WAR MATCHING TO AVOID ALL OF THIS BS
    Whatever gave you the idea that wars are 1 on 1 and always fair? Personally, I frown upon hitting into wars, but it's a valid payback/pissing off method...
    Cuddly Panda Troll

Forum Addict

im leading freeakstyle, probably the longest standing war kd in the game.. i agree wars are not very easy to find, but waving ppl to the point they crave for your blood isnt really the way to do it.. again, im not saying other parties are totally clean or anything, but you have some obvious faults in your own pov already.. feel free to take the advice, and work on your diplo skills - or think yourself as the martyr fighting evil on many fronts, i dont rly care tbh..

im leading freeakstyle, probably the longest standing war kd in the game.. i agree wars are not very easy to find, but waving ppl to the point they crave for your blood isnt really the way to do it.. again, im not saying other parties are totally clean or anything, but you have some obvious faults in your own pov already.. feel free to take the advice, and work on your diplo skills - or think yourself as the martyr fighting evil on many fronts, i dont rly care tbh..
    AHHH freeakstyle one of the few kingdoms to actually give us a good hard war, even if you did do it with a full undead mystic and faery kingdom hahahaha

With respect im not looking for advice or sympathy just thoughts and mainly trying to get some attention of this flaw in the game to bishop or the developers.

I always send war messages also its just i get fed up of seeing no, or no we need 3 days more (to pump and screw you) or no we are hostile / agreed war with someone else with someone else then 3 days later still not in war.

Forum Addict
    AHHH freeakstyle one of the few kingdoms to actually give us a good hard war, even if you did do it with a full undead mystic and faery kingdom hahahaha

With respect im not looking for advice or sympathy just thoughts and mainly trying to get some attention of this flaw in the game to bishop or the developers.

I always send war messages also its just i get fed up of seeing no, or no we need 3 days more (to pump and screw you) or no we are hostile / agreed war with someone else with someone else then 3 days later still not in war.
    youre basically saying the game mechanics should be designed in a way that makes up for your shortcomings on some front - it doesnt make sense, and you wont get anyone's attention with that alone.. vulnerability during war exist for a very valid reason, there is no sanctuary in the game that you can be protected from any harm, which enforces everyone to be careful with their interactions with other kds.. you piss off every kd around you? they can punish you while you are the weakest.. perhaps you should pay them back the same way? anyway, the fact doesnt change that youve been neglecting one of the basic principles of looking wars with waving - do NOT leave any kd behind you without an agreed cf deal, empty ingame cfs obviously does not count..

p.s. perhaps you should explain why there should be a change, why said kds need to have FULL protection vs outside, and how it would effect the environment - so you could get a better discussion going forward with wider opinions from others..
    Last edited by LoRD_SaMPuaN; 10-11-2015 at 15:25. Reason: added ps

youre basically saying the game mechanics should be designed in a way that makes up for your shortcomings on some front - it doesnt make sense, and you wont get anyone's attention with that alone.. vulnerability during war exist for a very valid reason, there is no sanctuary in the game that you can be protected from any harm, which enforces everyone to be careful with their interactions with other kds.. you piss off every kd around you? they can punish you while you are the weakest.. perhaps you should pay them back the same way? anyway, the fact doesnt change that youve been neglecting one of the basic principles of looking wars with waving - do NOT leave any kd behind you without an agreed cf deal, empty ingame cfs obviously does not count..

p.s. perhaps you should explain why there should be a change, why said kds need to have FULL protection vs outside, and how it would effect the environment - so you could get a better discussion going forward with wider opinions from others..
    CF are always empty tbh unless people are honorable with it which 99% of the time they are, these guys clearly are not. Yet another mechanic that is a bit screwed.

The game should allow people to fight a war between two kingdoms fairly or it is not a war, if i want that ill play clash of clans or some other ****. Otherwise what is the point may aswell have team wars or something. They have basically ruined a good age for all of us now as we will all clearly just mess up eachothers wars for the rest of the age so what have they achieved. (well obviously they dont actually have many wars as they are pussies so yet again we are at disadvantage lol)

I have many friends in this game in a several kingdoms i dont get them to step in everytime a bigger kingdom learn waves me let alone a SMALLER lower province kingdom ?? Its just pathetic, if you cant see that this is all wrong and bad for the game then i give up :(

They dont have the bottle or ability to fight us in a fair fight so we have no choice, we accepted a CF we did not continue the hits from what i can see they are bitter that they ran away from a war with a smaller kingdom that was baiting them.

And for the one with the dragon i cancelled well that is just bad to message me good luck in future wars and have fun to then go and do this is pathetic, especially again as they did not have the bottle to press the button on a smaller kingdom for 3 days.
    Last edited by dark viking; 10-11-2015 at 15:58.

Thread Information