Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Mod

New Mod

First I want to say that I hope we do not loose Palem but in case we do I want to suggest we promote Katsuni to mod, she is awesome with the skills required to be a mod and would be an awesome mod.
    Last edited by khronosschoty; 13-11-2015 at 17:15.
    #magi

Psst, I saw that. Just because I stay logged out doesn't mean I'm not always watching. Watching your every move. Always.

That thing with the goat? Seriously, I don't think anyone else needs to hear about that kind of kinky stuff though.

That being said, I don't think I have the forum presence, nor the time to devote to all-time moderating. The thought is nice, though.

I'm not allowed to nominate Palem, am I? I mean, he'd just decline, but I kind of want to do it anyway since I liked Palem. =P

Modding isn't a popularity contest and if someone were to be asked to mod it would not be on the back of a forum popularity contest. Don't confuse my joking response in kuhans thread with an actual indicator of mod consideration.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Palem is already a mod, he cant be a mod mod. :(

I would nominate myself, i for sure wouldnt win any p opularity contest so im with Bishop! Plus the ****s and giggles would be hilarious when people would react to my green name. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Modding isn't a popularity contest and if someone were to be asked to mod it would not be on the back of a forum popularity contest. Don't confuse my joking response in kuhans thread with an actual indicator of mod consideration.
    While I don't believe that was what was being implied (hopefully!), I have to agree with you entirely on this. A mod has to be able to be (relatively) impartial, have lots of free time, a strong understanding of the various individuals they'll be dealing with on both sides of the fence, and be relatable to.

Being popular is handy, as it helps with the final point, but it's by far not the only consideration that should be taken into account when choosing a moderator. A bad moderator can seriously screw over not just the forum, but the entire game if they misuse their position. So yeah, I guess I could've just said "I agree" and left it at that, but meh. I've never known when to shut up, and I see no reason to learn now. =P

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Korp View Post
    Palem is already a mod, he cant be a mod mod. :(
    I would give Thundergore a run for his money if promoted to mod mod.

#Palem4ModMod

You can demote DHaran and promote me. Im pretty sure I'd be more useful than him!

Enthusiast
    I really dont want this cake, but if I did have this cake Im sure it'd be delicious, but I'm watching my figure so honestly I don't want this delicious cake, but if someone had to eat it they'd need these qualities which I just happen to have, but yeah no cake please.

grats

Forum Addict
    Trump for mod!

#Palem4ModMod

Seconded. I know you said it can't be a popularity contest, but we can point to Palem's... huge... tracts of land...?

Thumbs down

Don't confuse my joking response in kuhans thread with an actual indicator of mod consideration.
    Last edited by KuhaN; 14-11-2015 at 05:35.
    "Go back to the gym because you f'king suck at utopia, noob." -Godly

My classic black theme for Utopia - Updated 5/13/15

Quote Originally Posted by darkl1ght View Post
    Unfortunately, no amount of razes will improve your war record
    Greatest strategy thread/question of all-time.

Strategy Moderator
    Sooo....activity and reasonably? that basically rules out the standard trolls and "top" people. Since http://forums.utopia-game.com/memberlist.php isn't visible to sort by post counts and rule out inactives like Vines or someone we'd be left with what StratOcastle?

Quote Originally Posted by Persain View Post
    Sooo....activity and reasonably? that basically rules out the standard trolls and "top" people. Since http://forums.utopia-game.com/memberlist.php isn't visible to sort by post counts and rule out inactives like Vines or someone we'd be left with what StratOcastle?
    If you don't think Strat0 is part of the trolls then you don't fully understand his posts imo.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    If you don't think Strat0 is part of the trolls then you don't fully understand his posts imo.
    "standard troll" :P his trolling is about as minimal as we have left on these boards. I.E. point of my post is basically there no one bishop really can promote...kinda need the T Swift lover ;)

Thread Information