Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: FS vs Ascension

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Bestest Ever View Post
    We actually had the opportunity to kill off one of your provinces very easily, he was deep chained and had 0 thieves, something like 347 peasants on him, we did a test run to see how many we'd gain per op with kidnap from one of our non-chained provinces who was the same NW as him, they were getting 12 per op and had full stealth. Your guy didn't log in for 6 hours after that, think he was asleep. We decided against it though. In hindsight we probably should have, he had 364k offense on him. it was Never Gonna give you up. Sabbot wanted to keep things on the nicer side so we didn't kill
    It was his sleep cycle.
    I know some kd's do it, we dont and I dont think its worth doing.
    I dont hate on ppl who practice it, but its kinda meh ... lot of work goes into provinces for weeks to just flush it. Much more pleasant if neither KD does it, less dmg and if both refrain from it nobody profits from nor pk'ing. Everyone is better off.

Needs to get out more
    You can isolate an economy on so few acres.

I've often let my opponents "up" when it appears they're near PK. It's good company if you're slogging in the mud of chaintropolis. To offer your opponent respite in his darkest hour is just gamesmanship.

That said, I have no problem with PK strategically, if the opponent has viable breaker offense. It's the risk we all take. They didn't get such garish offense through balance. The opponent should be at peace with peril. We all have our kingdoms to consider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    I'll tell you after the war
    So war is over, do we get to learn the trick to this? :D

Postaholic
    We actually had the opportunity to kill off one of your provinces very easily, he was deep chained and had 0 thieves, something like 347 peasants on him, we did a test run to see how many we'd gain per op with kidnap from one of our non-chained provinces who was the same NW as him, they were getting 12 per op and had full stealth. Your guy didn't log in for 6 hours after that, think he was asleep. We decided against it though. In hindsight we probably should have, he had 364k offense on him. it was Never Gonna give you up. Sabbot wanted to keep things on the nicer side so we didn't kill
    Hmm well I play "Never Gonna Give You Up"... There was only once i was in any "danger" as I was at 50 peasants, but I let myself be there because I knew i would be online and active for the next 5 hours. You guys kept hitting me, and every time i went below 50 peasants I would release another 50 wizards to peasantry (I had like 7k wizzards, hence being 30 mod WPA and Landlusting your King for 200-300 acres every time before my armiesi got home all war :P )... As an overpopped chained attacker you want to remain on less than 100 peasants every chance you can get so that you have to release less, just ask your Kingdom for wages prior to the tick you need to attack.

I mean.. I appreciate you guys not going for PK's but honestly I was kind of hoping you were going to waste resources chain massacring me (only way you would pk me) so that I could keep releasing wizards and using up your gens. Fireballs and Kidnaps do nothing to a prov under 100 peasants, and only 10 leave every tick.. so I would of had to of been inactive for 9+ hours and/or been chain massacred for you guys to have a chance to of PK'd me. I have played about 20 ages and have not been PK'd yet :D Sometimes against kingdoms TRYING to PK me.

Either way it was a great war, but it is kind of stretching the truth to make people on here believe that if only you guys played more dirty you would have won..... I never went to sleep with low peasants you would have noticed, and remained sub 100 on purpose during my awake hours.
    Last edited by jmiedema; 25-11-2015 at 13:28.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by jmiedema View Post
    Fireballs and Kidnaps do nothing to a prov under 100 peasants, and only 10 leave every tick.. so I would of had to of been inactive for 9+ hours and/or been chain massacred for you guys to have a chance to of PK'd me.
    I think your information is kind of outdated, it's very possible to kidnap someone to below 30 peasants causing death within 3 ticks. And if you're on 0 tpa it doesn't even cost any useful resources to do so (e.g. use attackers with the worst tpa to do it). Releasing all thieves is really only viable if your opponent is nice enough to not kill you for it.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyB View Post
    I think your information is kind of outdated, it's very possible to kidnap someone to below 30 peasants causing death within 3 ticks. And if you're on 0 tpa it doesn't even cost any useful resources to do so (e.g. use attackers with the worst tpa to do it). Releasing all thieves is really only viable if your opponent is nice enough to not kill you for it.
    Yup. Particularly on same NW.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare_ View Post
    Yup. Particularly on same NW.
    i believe racial dmg mods are required to go down to 30 peasants, am i wrong?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by LoRD_SaMPuaN View Post
    i believe racial dmg mods are required to go down to 30 peasants, am i wrong?
    Yes. We got pk's from orc kidnaps

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by jwuzi View Post
    been playing uds too much i guess :p

Veteran
    The trick is to get a sot after the kidnap runs.

Robbing 0 pez doesn't necessarily mean they lost 0, it only means you took back 0 but could've made 1 leave.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by jwuzi View Post
    Maybe I'm weird, but I make myself aware of pk potential of provs in my KD at all times, and get people online if they get too close for comfort.

Unless you're following up your kidnaps with massacres to one-tick pk, a province shouldn't really be dying.

Thread Information