Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Resolution

Scribe
    gotta know who you can and cannot trust. One could see this as a good opportunity to get to know your opponents better :) And you might be surprised how many people in the game are actually nice and fun to talk to. It's encouraging social interaction.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Not being trustworthy and being a friendly, cool person are two completely different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Not being trustworthy and being a friendly, cool person are two completely different things.
    One not excluding the other, just look at me...I have tendencies towards both...
    Cuddly Panda Troll

PyroManiaCs Official Troll from April 13th 2014 to January 2015

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by faegan View Post
    In my opinion most deals made (at least by the whoring kingdoms and the top warring kingdoms) are quite well honored.
    Most yes, many however get freely broken, misinterpreted, rendered moot over technicality etc etc.
    We have all see norms of "acceptable" redifined 100 times over.
    And if you cant take deal as certain thing what is it good for ? Nothing ... you better have friends backing u up or empty words are meaningless.

Personal integrity an some ppl's word carry weight, deals themself dont.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by p0ngkol View Post
    Our leadership has negotiated with Divinity. We've brought up a few points.

1. We'd like to have clear quantifiable and explicit regulations governing deals and relationships between ALL kds. These regulations have to be transparent and will have to follow some sort of template. This template is to be distributed to all parties interested.
    2. If according to these new regulations Spartans did a dealbreak on Divinity, Spartans will assume full responsibility and accept they dealbroke.
    3. The land Emeriti took from us will be given to Divinity as compensation. We will then not further puruse any grudges towards both emeriti and divinity.

Basically we want that from now on ghetto's won't be ****played anymore by the top, and will have venues to issue their complaints, with all KDs (including the top) being bound to interfere if terms are breached.

Just FYI, last age more than half the KDs we agreed war with broke the terms of our war-agreements, overexploring, declaring later than they should etc. Did we ask for gangbangs then? Even just now when with the Green vs Warlords war, Warlords had agreed to declare war on date X, but did so on date X+1.
    Gangbang? Point is the standards are all so subjective and situation-based. We either say **** standards we do whatever we like, OR we say we do apply standards and people stick to them.
    I've seen it happen time and time again. Top-KD feeds on ghetto. Ghetto agrees CF. Top-KD leaves em alone 3-4 weeks. Breaks CF, feeds again, etc etc.

It seems the major reason the top is so upset, is because they are treated like normal humans rather than gods.
    Good to know you want a bunch of conditions attached to basically saying "from now on we will actually keep our word..."

That said, the top kingdoms in general DON'T "%#$@play" the bottom so if you could actually enforce something that also says bottom kingdoms won't steal / hit into the "tops" hostiles everyone would love to agree to that...

Side note -- breaking a war agreement is a bit different than breaking an agreed upon EoA ceasefire. Not that either is acceptable. That's a horrible argument though and I'm sure your mother would agree. Bad behavior by someone else does NOT excuse your own bad behavior.

Veteran
    Problem with war agreements is there is always two sides to every story. Warlords asked for start date of hostile and no other terms, because we'll war terms are broken all the time so why worry about setting them up. You guys respond with a bounce wave out of no where. In your mind you thought hostilities had already started and in there mind they where just waiting for a start date to be setup. So does that deserve a gang bang of green. No of course not, it was a miss understanding. So then I asked him about pushing the button on x date and why he waited. He said he waited 2 min after the tick because he received a threatening message from another kingdom lol. So he wanted to make sure the situation wasn't a trap. Seeing the previous kingdom had backed out of war with them earlier in the age. Ended up being a good war and green won. Breaking a Eoa ceasefire is serious and should never be done. Where is a war agreement there are too many gray areas and life happens if kingdom A agrees to fight kingdom B and 3 people go inactive in kingdom A. Does that mean kingdom A has to fight kingdom B no matter what. In my opinion no but yours might be different. Hence the gray area.
    Last edited by handofthrawn; 24-11-2015 at 14:48.

Forum Fanatic
    As with game rules, most things like this follow the rule of "I know it when I see it". The issue with spelling out guidelines is that they create loopholes.

Post Fiend
    Well, coming from "the bottom", I have encountered top kingdoms ****playing me both this and last age. Last age it was a bully bigger kd "Vikings". This age it was "The Blood Brothers". made a post abotu it in the thread that was moved to Suggestion.

All this talk of "in general it doesnt happen", doesnt apply to my experience. Is mine alone? I dont think so. It doesnt happen to all, but it is definetely a thing, and the bottom has no way of sorting it. When we were ****-waved by TBB I called out to other top kingdoms and got replies they agreed it was ****plays, but they had CF-agreements with the ****players.

So how come Emeriti decided the offence spartans did vs divinity as so severe that it warrented them intending to break their CF? No such willngness were showed my "bottom" kd. Granted i didnt ask Emeriti in particular. But often things appear more important when it happens to groups and ppl closer to your own group, so it happening to another "top" suddenly created willingess to take action I would guess. It can alos instruct you in how the system of "the community is fine taking care of ****plays and dealbreaking etc", is broken. Since we all are just imperfect human asholes who mostly only see a short distance across our own nose and only cares for ppl we recognize and can relate to.

The end result of that would be that the top takes care of their own, but not the bottom being offended. Please argue for why this phenomenon doesnt and wouldnt exist. And deny why the experience of some many has been the same and why atleast many can relate to the occupy-movement. If not able, I argue for that you instead should accept it. This might not change that there might not be any solution to the human weakness and shortsightness, but it is some consolation to parties involved. Just as there is accepting that it is a real phenomenon that "cops shots blacks more regularly cause they are black", even if no imediate solution comes anytime near, or anytime at all.
    Last edited by ape; 24-11-2015 at 15:43.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ape View Post
    Well, coming from "the bottom", I have encountered top kingdoms ****playing me both this and last age. Last age it was a bully bigger kd "Vikings". This age it was "The Blood Brothers". made a post abotu it in the thread that was moved to Suggestion.
    Who are these ghettos you speak of

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by jwuzi View Post
    Who are these ghettos you speak of
    Point i wanted to make kinda proven. If it happens to "your own" it is importnat. If you cant relate, you dont really care.

TBB and Vikings are top kds? Sounds to me more just like your run of the mill kd doing shady stuff to a worse ghetto... which is not a top kd hitting 'the bottom'. Why would you expect top kd's to care about every kd wrongdoing in the game.

Top kd's dont have the time of day to act on every odd shady thing that's done in this game as they have other things to worry about and slack time to consider (important!).

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by era View Post
    TBB and Vikings are top kds? Sounds to me more just like your run of the mill kd doing shady stuff to a worse ghetto... which is not a top kd hitting 'the bottom'. Why would you expect top kd's to care about every kd wrongdoing in the game.

Top kd's dont have the time of day to act on every odd shady thing that's done in this game as they have other things to worry about and slack time to consider (important!).
    Wrom! Wrom!
    RoughKnecS

--> Want art? <--
    --> Or see Tadpole banners? <--

The industrys greats

** Cerberus ** Killah ** Shadowheart **

Veteran
    In the ghetto there are no rules. lol

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by era View Post

Well my point doesnt deny that. Do you think it does? Do you see it underlying in what i say? My message is that humans, top kingdoms aswell, are mere humans that cant and wont care about everything. What I turn against, and what I argue against, is the statement that hte commuity sorts and takes care of itself. I try to point out how it is not. I also try to point out how there are two standards of rules, with a "elite group" at the top with their own rules and who only (are able to) care for their own. I am not alone is stating this so hardly controversial. It is controversial what to do about it, if able to do anything at all. But a first step is to accept the phenomenon and problem and that aint happening yet.

Veteran
    Strat0 has someone gunning for his position

Thread Information