Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Resolution

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by jwuzi View Post
    Strat0 has someone gunning for his position
    Have you considered this might be his multi? I registered in Jan 2012, but have hardly and posts. I might be a sleeper... Or, maybe this is simple off-topic and character-based comments, who i am or may not be, instead of commenting the subject-matter and arguments.

Scribe
    We help sort out kingdoms issues all the time. We are not a top kingdom . But to sort out mid or lower tier problems a top kingdom is usually not needed. If they were asked to sort out all things they would never get to do their own thing.
    If the mid tier has issues it should be mid tier sorting it out and if its lower tier then lower tier should.
    It also depends on the severity. A one time slip up isn't for example comparable to constant shady actions.
    The sad thing is that most kingdoms are too busy with themselves to care about anyone else.

Post Fiend
    Fair enuff. But atleast with TBB it wa not a mid tier thing. They had CFs with half the top I encountered, some telling me similar experiences and being instagated to CF them. Divinity-Dicks being one of em. That makes TBB belong to the same crowd, the top. And to add to your point, as others had similar experiences it wasnt a one time slip up, but a continuous shady business, atleast this age. And yes, we are all imperfect humans, busy taking care of our own ego-sphere, or the people we directly around us, to my point. So my point that elite top takes care of their own business but not when it happens to some other, stands, as an unfortunate human circumstance. Following that, offences done by a top on someone outside the top will not be seen as importnat enuff to care about. But offences done by an outside-top vs a top will. And why this is a problem is that someone outside-top wont be able to very well bring up the muscle, being smaller, to punish an offender.
    Last edited by ape; 24-11-2015 at 17:44.

Scribe
    strength in numbers. it works. one kingdom might not be able to stop them, 2 or 3 will

Post Fiend
    Its quite frustrating not to get any response on topic, on the matter, the subject at hand about power dispersity in the community and the possible effects of it. Not agreeing, nor disagreeing. As long as it is not an unwittingly tactic of quieting it down by ignoring it. I am guessing tho that it has been on the table so many times already that is getting tiresome, and no one has ever come up with a solution for the problem. Not in real life, nor in utopia.

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by ape View Post
    Its quite frustrating not to get any response on topic, on the matter, the subject at hand about power dispersity in the community and the possible effects of it. Not agreeing, nor disagreeing. As long as it is not an unwittingly tactic of quieting it down by ignoring it. I am guessing tho that it has been on the table so many times already that is getting tiresome, and no one has ever come up with a solution for the problem. Not in real life, nor in utopia.
    Bruh, this is a game, u can easily trash TBB or whoever ****played u and get back to them, stop making silly war arrangements especially with silly clauses which is proven that ppl won't stand by... and since it is a lower tier u can just go and trash and bash just stop having these silly grudges invest time to have fun...
    Tadpole's troopers, aka RoughKnecks!
    22:31 atlas: didnt i say to not post in public forums? whats so f*cking difficult to understand about that?

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by nickey View Post
    Bruh, this is a game, u can easily trash TBB or whoever ****played u and get back to them, stop making silly war arrangements especially with silly clauses which is proven that ppl won't stand by... and since it is a lower tier u can just go and trash and bash just stop having these silly grudges invest time to have fun...
    Trying to figure out if you are just ignorant, or just haven't read very much of whats been said. I think the latter, and either way that comment missed the target.

I havent been one who make the CF-deals. In fact I have been very vocal in thinking the same, that they are silly arrangements with terms and clauses that to some extent are even counter-productive in getting a "nicer community with less ****play". I am arguing its because of the CFs-bull**** that TBB ****played downwards 20-30% in size, cause they had cfs with all around their range; the same reason why no one wanted to help me out.

Trying to figure out if you are just ignorant, or just haven't read very much of whats been said. I think the latter, and either way that comment missed the target.

I havent been one who make the CF-deals. In fact I have been very vocal in thinking the same, that they are silly arrangements with terms and clauses that to some extent are even counter-productive in getting a "nicer community with less ****play". I am arguing its because of the CFs-bull**** that TBB ****played downwards 20-30% in size, cause they had cfs with all around their range; the same reason why no one wanted to help me out.
    It's a strategy game... get over it. Everyone starts at 400 acres. You dont like getting hit? Farmville is available.

Scribe
    CF deals are neither good nor bad, simply part of the game. When you look at the game description it clearly states that diplomacy is a large part of game play(or last I checked it did , which admittedly has been a while). It's like it is in every other game, if you want to win you have to learn about all the tools you are given. CF, declare button and hostile meter are such tools. It's a dangerous world with some terrible but also some very nice people. As monarch it's your job to navigate your kingdom through rough waters. Getting hit is part of the game. If however you feel unfairly treated it helps to know who your friends are. Before you go on a crusade though get a second opinion and maybe a 3rd. Sometimes a random is just a random and sometimes mistakes are made. If those kingdoms you asked had really wanted to help you, they could have. CFs can be broken. And even if they had terms on those CFs they could have spoken to your opponent on your behalf. So the question is, why didn't they.
    This has nothing to do with size and networth.

Forum Addict
    Congrats on post #100 Goodwitch. :)

Keep posting!

Scribe
    lol thanks TommyB. I worked really hard for this milestone :P one thing off my bucket list

Well my point doesnt deny that. Do you think it does? Do you see it underlying in what i say? My message is that humans, top kingdoms aswell, are mere humans that cant and wont care about everything. What I turn against, and what I argue against, is the statement that hte commuity sorts and takes care of itself. I try to point out how it is not. I also try to point out how there are two standards of rules, with a "elite group" at the top with their own rules and who only (are able to) care for their own. I am not alone is stating this so hardly controversial. It is controversial what to do about it, if able to do anything at all. But a first step is to accept the phenomenon and problem and that aint happening yet.
    Sounds to me like you need to make some new friends...
    Cuddly Panda Troll

PyroManiaCs Official Troll from April 13th 2014 to January 2015

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by jwuzi View Post
    Strat0 has someone gunning for his position
    You know I love the tops. I think ape is more frustrated than me with the sausage making.

Which goes to: ape. Feel free to express your opinions. The mighty will try to make you feel smaller by belittling your opposition. It goes without saying, I've touched the sky and don't fear them. The sad truth is that the ghetto is the ghetto because it lacks unity. You learn to be strong alone and happy with the challenges. Because the day you're facing a top kingdom and you don't back down is a freeing experience. You'll hear the fearful cries from your kingdom mates and realize that you're ready for something bigger.

I'm older and have cut my teeth elsewhere. No grudges, I just like my acres. Acres get you to where the most impressive players in the game reside. It's a worthy goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Regular
    All this deal making crap, pussy footing around, and being scared of entering a war without ovewhelming odds in your KDs favour is a huge part of whats destroying the game.. if top KDs put a few hits into us I usually let it slide.. we do it all the time ourselves.. it's all in the game I guess.. but one should be cool about it and not outright destroy smaller KDs for fun.. and ofc, nobody likes to take it lying down.. we have pretty strict RoE, so usually the hits from the top are harmless randoms and not revenge hits for some silly thieving etc.. and being in a mid level KD I can vouch for the top's honor in that regard - they usually stop after one or two hits, and are cool about it even when some hot head retals..

that being said, this is a fkin war game.. not Farmville as mentioned above.. and LOL, about making useless treaties and exact war terms and whatnot.. a large part of the challenge is the pre war hostile building, not just the war itself.. it's unbelievably boring to accept some premade deal: "we will hit you hostile then and then, you will declare then and then," I mean, where is the fun in that? and, seriously, having some sort of Utopian charter which gives the "right" to punish someone for not giving a s**t about all that weakling BS would kill the fun even harder.. in that dismal case, not only would I waste day on end searching for a monarch with some actual balls - I would have to sign away my right to use all the tools at my disposal.. and even risk huge destruction if somthing made me miss the declare time by a minute or two.. lol

I guess its OK to agree on who gives the button and a rough timeframe, it depending on the circumstances (and your level of desperation), but having some humourless pedant timing it down to the second (backed by some perverse quorum of self entiteled utopians) - actually compromising the dynamics which makes warring strategically challenging - would only serve to push even more people away from the game..

on the other hand, being cool and keeping ones word are allways good traits.. and not preventing new players from enjoying the experience, just for kicks*, is, in my mind, something every veteran player should accept responsibility for.. but people need to lighten up, it's a game after all..

*there are ofc those that are impossible to please in this regard :)
    Last edited by Grrahl; 26-11-2015 at 19:51.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Grrahl View Post
    that being said, this is a fkin war game..
    This is a strategy game.

Thread Information