Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Android App

Regular
    That's a lot of crashes. Sorry about that. The easiest way to help me fix it is to submit a crash report to Google when it blows up. So if it crashes again, click the "Report" button.

Other people are reporting that the loading screen never finishes. Ive encountered this myself too a few times. After investigating, it seems to be happening when the Utopia server renders a "Whoops something went wrong" message. Although, I think the app is still part of the problem (it used to do requests synchronously, but that was causing slow load times on the throne page, so I started doing them all at once, which I believe is causing trouble for their server. Regardless, thanks for reporting; I'll investigate more and try to get an update out there.

Regular
    I just pushed v2.1.0 to the app store. This update provides a new UI for the Kingdom page and also fixes the issue that was causing the "Loading..." screen from never disappearing. Let me know if it doesn't.

Just downloaded the update and thought I'd throw in my feedback. As I have said before, I love the app and actually prefer using it over the website, especially on my phone. However, not a big fan of the KD page update. As a T/M it was easier to scroll down the old list format and see which provinces had what ops. I would prefer the old layout, but with options to sort by other criteria such as land, nwpa, def home, race, etc. Again, love the app, thanks for all the work you've put into it!

Regular
    Thanks! I'm 100% open to feedback. I agree that there should be some sort or sorting function--it wouldn't even be too hard to implement, really. I'll have to figure out how I'd want it all to work--maybe have the list view when sorting or something. I'll chew on it. Thanks again for the feedback -- especially when it's about stuff you don't like so much. :)

hi! i agree with Ancev, i don't particularly think the icons of the 'races' add a lot to the kd page. they only make the page larger and more difficult to sort. Perhaps in a weeks time ill think differently though.
    Great to see the plague option added so fast!

Question what about an app for iphones?

What about an app for iphones and ipads?

Forum Fanatic
    It's very hard to send messages with this app. Struggled to set the new kd to send to.

The app is pretty good. Add pimp support too as a lot of guys still use it for intel sync. Personally feel that the kd page is better now, at least feels a bit more sorted than before...

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverpool View Post
    What about an app for iphones and ipads?
    Your wish is my command. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/utop...1963?ls=1&mt=8

;)

Account deleted

Hi, I just want to inform you, that my province was deleted because of using the app. I got message from utopia, that my account was deleted due to excessive/automated logins. I told them, that I don't use any scripts or any other automatic programs, just utopia android app and they sent me some log or what it is. And there was written info about logging once a minute for some period of time from linux/android and my phone production number. I dont think that it is too many logins, but whatever. I had to uninstall the app to get my province back in action... Did anyone else has the same problem? I used the app from the first version...

Spoke to Josh and we aren't convinced it's the app, still investigating.
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Postaholic
    FTR I tend to show always, or nearly always logged in. I assume it was because of the app. I use no scripts or anything automated. But I haven't ever been deleted, so...

Regular

Invalid target

I am getting an invalid target error when trying to cast spells on enermy kd's. Anyone had this issue or can it be fixed?

Exclamation

Hi, one day i found that SoS wasnt updated using the app. (it is not updating until now)

so far
    SoT, Survey and SoM are always updated.

I tried clear data, reinstall the app, but still the same.
    Not a big problem as I can always update it (SoS) manually using formatter.

Just sharing.

thanks for your effort. Keep it up.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by thomo84 View Post
    I am getting an invalid target error when trying to cast spells on enermy kd's. Anyone had this issue or can it be fixed?
    Hi Thomo,

Thanks for reporting that. I've heard this reported and I've been trying to fix it... Unfortunately, I haven't personally encountered the bug, so it's been really hard for me to get it resolved. I'm playing a TM next age, so hopefully that will give me more of an opportunity to encounter it. My best theory at the moment, is that one of the KDs (either yours, or theirs) have lost or gained a province--which can sometimes mess up the province-id's inside the database (I THINK... Like I said, I haven't encountered it myself).

What I've been told fixes it is logging out of the app, and clearing your data once logged out (via the "Reset Data" button). If you do this, however, make sure you reenter your intel-sync credentials (i.e. upoopu/umunk/stinger).

Sorry for the trouble, man. Like I said: I really want to fix this one.

Thread Information