Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Android App

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonlim60 View Post
    Hi, one day i found that SoS wasnt updated using the app. (it is not updating until now)

so far
    SoT, Survey and SoM are always updated.

I tried clear data, reinstall the app, but still the same.
    Not a big problem as I can always update it (SoS) manually using formatter.

Just sharing.

thanks for your effort. Keep it up.
    Hi Wilson,

Thanks! I too have noticed this. The issue is that Upoopu doesn't parse the science page--it parses the science-council page, which the app doesn't use. In the staged version for release, I've actually fixed this, but it's all moot because science is going to completely change next age, so all sorts of stuff is going to blow up in the app when that happens. :P I'm sure upoopu/umunk/stinger and I are all going to be running with our heads off for a little while trying to get everything all parsed. :)

Regular
    New version updated. Fixed a lot of new-age parsing errors, and added new science-ui.

Also, the app can now share intel with your kingdom-mates who also use the app. (You can turn this off if you want under intel-sync.) The way this works is that as the app collects intel, it's submitted to the app's server. When you view a province (via the "eye" button) intel is downloaded to the phone. Intel is only shared between your mates and is only accessible if they have the app (there's no public api at the moment).

In-Store Text:
    New Features:
    - Intel collected in-app may now be shared/viewed with other kingdom mates within the app.
    - New Science! Now supports the utopia-updates to science for the new age.
    - Added support for dead-province detection.
    - Updated parsing for the new utopia-age.
    Bug Fixes:
    - Fixed an issue causing Stinger Intel to sometimes crash the app.
    - Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause the app to crash after it minimized.
    - Avians can now (once again) build stables.
    - Scientist names.

Post Fiend
    I'm not currently using the app, but thanks for putting the time into this. A well polished utopia app could start bringing more players in/back.

Regular
    Thanks, dsqrd. :) I hope so too.

Why aren't you using the app?

Regular
    v2.2.2

New Features:
    - Intel available via in-app-sharing is now displayed on the KD with a small color-coded box corresponding to the intel's age.
    - Added news events for scientists.
    - Added support for blizzard.
    - Active intra-kd spells may now be viewed.
    Bug Fixes:
    - Buildings with none in-progress now do not display a progress-bar.
    - Private messages are now viewable (again).
    - The KD page loading will no longer interrupt the keyboard.
    - Misc crashes.

Post Fiend
    Currently having issues with self sot, som, build updating to upoopu. Also goes for intel pulls out (i know this was a big overhaul with the age changes, just wanted to let you know)

Love the app btw, use it pretty much exclusively when not at a comp.

Scrolling problem in science

If you try to scroll down on the science page you end up moving scientists around. They don't reassign until you hit assign but the movement is dangerous and annoying if actually trying to reassign scientists.

Um App keeps crashing for me. I can login and while it's loading the different pages, it crashes.

I checked and it crashes while it's loading the spells. I'm Elf Heretic if that helps
    Last edited by LochNess; 16-08-2016 at 16:21.
    Started Age 68

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by spyder882001 View Post
    If you try to scroll down on the science page you end up moving scientists around. They don't reassign until you hit assign but the movement is dangerous and annoying if actually trying to reassign scientists.
    Yeah, I struggled quite a bit trying to get a UI that worked on smaller screens... That's the best I could come up with. If you have ideas for how you'd like to interact with it, let me know. I realize the current design isn't ideal.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LochNess View Post
    Um App keeps crashing for me. I can login and while it's loading the different pages, it crashes.

I checked and it crashes while it's loading the spells. I'm Elf Heretic if that helps
    Hi LochNess,

Sorry it's crashing on you. Try updating the app. I pushed a patch a day or two ago that has this issue fixed. If you're 100% positive you're using a version greater than v2.2.4, send me a PM. Also, hitting the "report" button after the app crashes generates a stack trace that I can use to figure out what's going on--after the update, if that's still happening, definitely send the crash report.

Again, sorry for the crash. I'm hoping you just need to update the app.

Josh

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake2129 View Post
    Currently having issues with self sot, som, build updating to upoopu. Also goes for intel pulls out (i know this was a big overhaul with the age changes, just wanted to let you know)

Love the app btw, use it pretty much exclusively when not at a comp.
    What kind of problems are you having? My current kingdom uses Upoopu and the latest version appears to be working for me. Have you tried going to the intel-sync tab, and clearing your credentials and logging back in? If you haven't done that since the age restarted, you'll need to do that (since your KD identifier has changed). Let me know if that doesn't fix it for you.

Regular
    Tonight I've pushed version v2.2.5. This patch fixes the bug that would cause Province-Identifiers to not be found. It turns out, the database could sometimes get mildly corrupted under certain circumstances. While downloading the patch should resolve the issue completely, it could be beneficial to clear your data once the new patch is downloaded (log out and press the reset-data button). I'm happy that I was able to finally encounter (and resolve) this bug. I apologize that it took so long!

Also, I'll give an honorable mention to v2.2.4: This version enabled support for the the in-game hostility-meter. If your kingdom buys the meter in-game (can't via in-app.. sorry), there should be two bars above each kingdom, mimicking the in-game meter. Give it a go!

Josh

Postaholic
    Wow - just loaded this thing up for the first time in a while and couldn't believe how much better it is.
    Incredible job! I had actually gone back to munk overlay + regular site for mobile as your app wasn't quite able to eclipse what that offered, but this is definitely a better experience now.

One request though - when you click on the icon to train units, could you have it indicate the number of soldiers you have available?

Post Fiend
    Just want to say that I've had new recruits to the KD where the player says they re-commenced playing uto because of the app.

Forum Fanatic
    Great work. Should of been done years ago though.

Thread Information