Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Android App

Added Bonus App... If any IOs people or android's.

An Alarm App. that would display both "Normal" and metric/Decimal time. Allowing the App user to quickly Add Multiple Alarms to their phone. It would be good for attacking. Even better if you could choose which sounds it makes for your alarm. So if I wanted to make it Song #5 from https://s3.amazonaws.com/tster123_pu...opiamusic.html was played. I would know, that it is time to attack.. Of course a given option like 5-10min before Tick or 5-10min before troops armies return.

Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    Could also start a kickstarter program to fund the $100.00 dev costs for IOS.
    Wouldn't be a bad Idea. Maybe, $5-10 gives you a subscription upgrade with access to more features. How many Active players? If they are active enough, it would be a benefit worth the $. Maybe if someone Donated $50. you would get a "Yes... I Play Utopia". T-shirt.

I just want the T-Shirt

Cool Excited!!!

I've just seen the link to this thread and I immediately went through it and downloaded the app. It is really exciting to see an app for Utopia is finally born!
    I will go through the app and will highlight any pros and cons along the way.

Thanks for the app and keep up the good work!

Stay tuned~

Enthusiast
    Any plans on buying an iPhone or Android?
    Quote Originally Posted by Universe View Post
    Any plans to make an app for Windows Phone? :)

Official Resident Troll of cRAZiEs

Post Fiend
    Need kickstarter so Apple users can afford proper phone. Money for poor iPhone plp
    #Plaidovia

Hey

i am willing to contribute to this utopia android app.. i need to know what prog. language you used.. and i'll try to make one prototype if i can..

Hi. I've got an apple developer account. Maybe if you give me an idea how you communicate to and from the utopia servers nicely, (a lot of random parsing html is ****ty) I could look at making something similar to your android app. I considered looking at making an iOS app once a long time ago but the lack of a utopia api made me reconsider.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Caviliar View Post
    Hi. I've got an apple developer account. Maybe if you give me an idea how you communicate to and from the utopia servers nicely, (a lot of random parsing html is ****ty) I could look at making something similar to your android app. I considered looking at making an iOS app once a long time ago but the lack of a utopia api made me reconsider.
    Yeah, I write iOS apps professionally, and therefore also have a developer account too; so unfortunately, that's not the barrier. The barrier is the lack of API, which you've stated. I had to reverse-engineer each API and then scrape/parse HTML for values, which was a long and painful process, which I would have to redo quite a bit of that for the iOS version. But, I'm looking into a way to convert the the code I wrote to scrape and parse the values to iOS (maybe cross compile it to C or something...), which would make making the iOS version much more of a palatable undertaking.

I've also been toying with the idea of open sourcing the app--especially since it's free. It could open up the world of possibility quite a lot. So we'll see. :)

Forum Addict
    I don't use a phone myself, but loads of players in my kingdom do, gj!

good job taking initiative to do this! Is it compatible with Android 4.4.2? I get an error similar to what someone described previously in this thread, "Authentication for this app failed. Please make sure you have an internet connection." As far as I can tell it does have access to "read phone status and identity", and I am connected to wifi.
    I have a cheap tablet and unfortunately cannot upgrade past this version of Android, hoping its just a setting somewhere.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by skeezer View Post
    good job taking initiative to do this! Is it compatible with Android 4.4.2? I get an error similar to what someone described previously in this thread, "Authentication for this app failed. Please make sure you have an internet connection." As far as I can tell it does have access to "read phone status and identity", and I am connected to wifi.
    I have a cheap tablet and unfortunately cannot upgrade past this version of Android, hoping its just a setting somewhere.
    Sorry about that. Your tablet doesn't probably doesn't have an IMEI (i.e. doesn't have a cell chip). I just pushed a new version to the store that should fix that problem. Look for version 1.1.14. Enjoy the app! :)

Veteran
    Not to be a party pooper, but if you download the chrome browser, utopia works great on android. If you try it in the standard browser, it works but you can't post in forum (on note 5, mega, and gal s3 anyway) but it works great on all 3 in the chrome browser. IOS Is a different matter. Can't post in forums at all on IOS. The "submit post" button does nothing. It's not a problem for my KD, as we use FB to communicate.
    Long live Mehul!

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyguy View Post
    Not to be a party pooper, but if you download the chrome browser, utopia works great on android. If you try it in the standard browser, it works but you can't post in forum (on note 5, mega, and gal s3 anyway) but it works great on all 3 in the chrome browser. IOS Is a different matter. Can't post in forums at all on IOS. The "submit post" button does nothing. It's not a problem for my KD, as we use FB to communicate.
    Not a party-pooper at all; to each his own. Enjoy Chrome, Crazyguy.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyguy View Post
    apart from errors & stuff, the main setback of playing from a mobile is the length every small task takes.. im yet to use this app as i have an iphone, but if it has well-thought shortcut configuration it must be extremely helpful.. we had to remove 2-3 players in the past few ages, only because they were mobile-only players & every task given to them was taking 5-10 mins, it was pretty much unmanagable esp. during waves..

Scribe
    Probably one of the few without a smartphone here but I am still gonna say thanks tons Joshmg for doing what shouldve been done a long time ago by uto devs. I'll recommend the app to the rest of my nubies so that they can test and give feedback

Thread Information