Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Android App

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    This is still not authenticating on my wifi only tablet, a samsung Galaxy Tab B
    Explained here:
    Quote Originally Posted by joshmg View Post
    Did you deny it access to the telephony permission? It needs access to your device's IMEI number to authenticate the app (it's used for upgrade purposes--I explained what it's used for in depth in another thread).
    Give it the right permissions and you should be fine.

Regular
    How do i give it those permissions, the device does not have any telephony technology, and I accept all the permissions that the app asks for when I install it.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalon View Post
    How do i give it those permissions, the device does not have any telephony technology, and I accept all the permissions that the app asks for when I install it.
    Try uninstalling the app and installing the latest version. The older versions didn't support tablets, but the latest one should. I have off work tomorrow, so I'll test it on my tablet to make sure it works for me.

Hey, I've been waiting for an APP for years so its great its underway. Been playing for 10+ years and this is the first thread that got me to make an account ;)

Downloaded it and it crashes constantly though. Train a couple troops = crash. Do some sci = crash.

Not trying to be a bummer, just giving my usage experience. "Using a Nexus 4"

Keep at it! Thanks for taking the initiative :)

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Def Leppard View Post
    Hey, I've been waiting for an APP for years so its great its underway. Been playing for 10+ years and this is the first thread that got me to make an account ;)

Downloaded it and it crashes constantly though. Train a couple troops = crash. Do some sci = crash.

Not trying to be a bummer, just giving my usage experience. "Using a Nexus 4"

Keep at it! Thanks for taking the initiative :)
    Thanks for the kind words, Def. Also, welcome back to the game! I just pushed an update a few minutes ago (and should be available in a few hours). I went through the crash logs for the past month and have created fixes for them, so hopefully your app won't crash anymore. If it does, just submit a crash report and I'll see what I missed.

Regular
    IMPORTANT END OF AGE ACTION
    You will need to upgrade the application to version 1.1.16 (released a few minutes ago--and will be available in a few hours).
    *** After the age resets you must LOG OUT, press the RESET DATA button. ***
    Last edited by joshmg; 02-01-2016 at 04:56.

Any plans for UpoOpu integration?

Thanks for the hard work. I found the app last age by chance and it brought me back. I played very casually many years ago but had forgot about it until recently. I'm looking forward to the next version.

Post Fiend
    If there is a one trick fix to help keep utopia going and increase its popularity, it's an app. Thanks for doing this. I'm willing to give utopia another go now.

Regular
    Crashes
    I'm aware of the app crashing when at war. The Kingdom Intel now includes extra information than last age, so the parser is broken. Will work on a fix tonight. Good warring, all!

KD page crash

Thanks for the app, seems to mostly work great. One issue I'm running into is it crashes on the KD page. Looks like it loads but then immediately crashes every time. Not a big deal. Also, the little "i" button beside defence on the throne page doesn't appear to work.

On a Samsung Note 3 running Lollipop.

Regular
    Update Released
    I've updated the app's parser for the Kingdom Intel, so the app should no longer crash as of v1.1.17. Additionally, I've added a permission prompt for the users with Android v6.0+ and are struggling to get the app past Authenticating.

On a separate note, if you are using the app and you like it, please rate it. The number of ratings is what drives the app's visibility within Google Play, so it could help draw members to the game if we have more ratings.

Thanks for the update, app no longer crashes. I might be missing something but i can't see that there is access to KD forums on there? Also, as an almost exclusively mobile user it'd be amazing if you could work with Vocanon/Frylock for lucidbot integration ;) I'd be willing to donate to the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by The Thing View Post
    Thanks for the update, app no longer crashes. I might be missing something but i can't see that there is access to KD forums on there? Also, as an almost exclusively mobile user it'd be amazing if you could work with Vocanon/Frylock for lucidbot integration ;) I'd be willing to donate to the cause.
    I was about to re-up this one as well.

Mozilla has been making my life _VERY_ difficult with firefox and I need to either do extensive re-write to make it work with JPM/FF43 or just direct my users at your app. I'd prefer the latter.

If you need any assistance on the matter I'm happy to help, including changes to LucidBot that would be necessary.

Regular
    Glad it's working, now. I'll add lucidbot once my schedule calms down a little. From my understanding it won't be terribly difficult.

Thread Information