Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Team Game that Discourages Team Gaming

Enthusiast
    if mehul was running the show it would be massive deletions probably 700 to 800 mehuled immediately.. game would be better than it's been in a long time

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Yea, because mehul cared so much about the rules lol

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Palem View Post
    Yea, because mehul cared so much about the rules lol
    more so than current management

Mehul left the game completely saturated with multies. The current IP block system is miles better than anything he had, info on it here
    Support email: utopiasupport@utopia-game.com <- please use this and don't just PM me| Account Deleted/Inactive | Utopia Facebook Page | #tactics <-- click to join IRC|
    PM DavidC for test server access

Strategy Moderator
    Accessing the game via VPN is against the rules.
    yes but using something like teamviewer or just windows remote desktop to have one spouse/roomate always play from work (where they are online 8 hours a day anyway) isn't a vpn and would be more borderline. I know a guy i used to work with did that in reverse to log into his home pc from work. Hard to say they are vpning when utopia or work banned all 4 or 5 of the differnt default proxies the company used (1 day he loged in from new york, Los angeles and texas in a span of an hour due to works stupid rules and boom no more utopia) and ONE person plays remotly on their OWN computer.
    Last edited by Persain; 02-12-2015 at 11:32.

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Mehul left the game completely saturated with multies. The current IP block system is miles better than anything he had, info on it here
    You forgot to mention he almost completely ignored the fact that the vast majority of the game was trading accounts. That, along with things like rampant x-logging and other things that were either enforced because the guilty side was too lazy to try and cover themselves, or were just randomly enforced (which was cleared up in a day or so with trading/scripting)

Needs to get out more
    You can just play from different whatchamacallits like me and a colleague from the cigar shop. There's no better feeling than crushing things and chortling through a cigar set in a sinister grin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Accessing the game via VPN is against the rules.
    Ok. The rules are clear.

Here are the rules:

Internet Proxies and Anonymizers
    You are expected to access the site from the IP addresses assigned to you normally by your Internet Service Provider.
    If you access the site via a proxy server, anonymizing network or any anonymizing software, you will be considered to be in violation of the Code of Conduct.
    If you have no choice but to use proxy servers made compulsory by your Internet Service Provider, country or corporation, you must provide details and supporting evidence to the operators of the game before continuing to use the game. Exceptions may be made at the sole discretion of the operators of the game, and may be revoked at any time without notice.

I do not agree with much of it because it is simple not 1998 anymore or 2008 for that matter.
    More and more internet users is starting to understand the importance of privacy for a various amount of reasons. Having a good VPN service or more advanced setups is becoming more and more common and its not done to try and cheat utopia. Its done because how some governments and various companies and agencies are breaching the peoples privacy more or less every day, in a few different ways.

This would hardly be the main way someone would cheat utopia in 2015 if they wanted to cheat. This could be discussed for a long time, what i am saying is i feel the rules are kinda outdated and i think a VPN service is a very grey zone and something that would really not be used for cheating. I think if utopia wants to go after the ones who really cheat it is already impossible because they are remote setup in a network from the home IPs and there is nothing that could be done to stop that except win legit, because legit always wins in the end of the day.

To me it seems according to the rules that there is a way around it also, if you are on the "whitelist" for using a VPN login or some more low profile service provider.

EDIT:
    I just read Bishops update on The Official Utopia blog so i guess it is rather up to date over there. Just not really that up to date ingame. Where it should be up to date!!
    Last edited by Anri; 02-12-2015 at 12:01.
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Thread Information