Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The U(#3) vs emeriti (#4)

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by Heiney View Post
    just sounds like the U is feeling threatened.
    ? Seems like no-one wants to fight us... Which makes no sense to me.

Post Demon
    Quote Originally Posted by Aces View Post
    Multiple times it was mentioned to quote one such time

"Also as for the land emeriti took, they dont want your land and wont keep it. question is if we take it, they get it razed away, donate to CR.....no one really wants that land except maybe spartans."
    Pretty disingenuous not to point out that quote is from Persian, not a member of Emeriti

Strategy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Meep View Post
    Pretty disingenuous not to point out that quote is from Persian, not a member of Emeriti
    yea, and i was just talking out basically saying that the acres weren't the point of why they agreed to help us.

Post Fiend
    Andreas said one from the bottom is hot thread. Is he from emeriti?

Regardless if they said it or not, the community believes they are going to raze the acres because nobody is supposed to gain anything from policing. Emeriti though did things which showed theyre not just policing but farming acres instead? This is when they switched from razes to trads near the end of spartas war and through eowcf.

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by p0ngkol View Post
    Andreas said one from the bottom is hot thread. Is he from emeriti?

Regardless if they said it or not, the community believes they are going to raze the acres because nobody is supposed to gain anything from policing. Emeriti though did things which showed theyre not just policing but farming acres instead? This is when they switched from razes to trads near the end of spartas war and through eowcf.
    No, the community believes we are going to raze because we said we were willing to. The "nobody is supposed to gain anything from policing" argument is garbage, as (1) there is no precedent for that and no reason to believe a precedent would be followed even if it exists and (2) we didn't benefit from it, as we devoted 8 days and 500m gc to hitting spartans and gained ~nothing net versus the rest of the top in that time. Spartans used the "emeriti wants to farm" argument trying to convince people that we had some ulterior motive in being dealbroken by them, but the argument fell completely flat. In the final ceasefire deal, when they could have reasonably asked for us to raze the acres and we would have been fine with agreeing with it, it turned out they didn't care about that at all and neither did anyone else.

Then afterwards zauper and chrystal started working up a propaganda argument for us to raze, for reasons that remain unclear to me.

My position on this is simple: the argument is silly. We've said from day 1 we didn't care about the acres and would be willing to raze them, but wouldn't be bullied into it. Other than cr and cp, nobody else seems to care either.

Then you shouldn't have posted you wouldn't keep the acres. That's my beef. I stuck up for you because multiple members of your kd said you wouldn't be keeping those acres and I stood right beside you and stuck up for you because I believed you. I read the **** that was sent to zauper. You guys never intended to get rid of the acres. And the whole not gaining from policing is a legit thing. No one twisted your arm to stop your whoring to help persain. What's to stop us from giving you an eoa and then pandas comes along saying you deal broke? Then we say to ourselves "hey we could get back in the race if we take emeriti acres and help pandas!"

If your kingdom would have said nothing about razing those acres we wouldn't be here but as soon as I said The U would not gain 1 acre from policing a deal break you guys jumped right on the band wagon because it made you look good and gained you public support.

Also dorje if you think Sparta doesn't care about those acres you are dead wrong. They are the main ones blowing up my irc about it. They didn't put it in the deal because you guys had already stated you would be doing it. So why add it to a cf deal?
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

Post Fiend
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealKremlin View Post
    ? Seems like no-one wants to fight us... Which makes no sense to me.
    Your logic makes as much sense as asking you to fight BB or CR. Did you ask them to fight U guys?
    In my own comfort ghetto
    PyroManiaCs (retired)
    AC (retired)

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrystal Palace View Post
    It was a gentleman's agreement correct? And in my eyes you lost all rights to a gentleman's agreement when you lied to me about razing acres.
    One more thing here. All deals in utopia are gentlemen's agreements. If you choose to break your deals, all that is broken is your word.

But I am interested to know where we lied to you about razing acres. Can you just show me the logs? Judge told zauper we would raze the acres before eoa if it affected the charts (a nebulous condition), but when did we tell you anything similar?

The only ones that have any right to care about the Emeriti acres from Sparta is Divinity because it was our acres that was channeled up to Emeriti.

The reason that happened was because we asked Emeriti for help to keep Sparta even in gains so we eventually could war or punish them for the dealbreak.

Now Persain have stated several times that we dont care about those acres and that Emeriti can keep them.

I dont know why others, who didnt step in and helped us when we got dead on dealbroken even care?
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Forum Fanatic
    Judge told me, and I quote, "if it ends, we will raze". He also said you'd raze if it affected the charts. I'd assume it has, as without the land you'd be lower in them. Considering that this has been shared with Emeriti ls, not sure why you are unaware of it jdorje.

Andreas posted saying you would raze it, definitively. Both of them are in your ls group.

Persian also was under the impression it would be razed. I can't speak to what was said to cp specifically, though.

Continuing to deny that Emeriti had said it would raze seems pretty dumb jdorje. People thought they would because they said they would. Period.

Shai: I care mostly because I got both texted and pmd and accused of lying after posting that they were going to keep the land. Annoy me during my personal time with your stupid **** means you keep your ****ing dumbass word.

Oh, judge also said he told cp you'd raze if it ended.

http://imgur.com/wHO5Ve1
    Last edited by Zauper; 02-12-2015 at 11:52.

If you don't want people to disturb you Zauper don't give them the means to do so..

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jdorje View Post
    No, the community believes we are going to raze because we said we were willing to. The "nobody is supposed to gain anything from policing" argument is garbage, as (1) there is no precedent for that and no reason to believe a precedent would be followed even if it exists and (2) we didn't benefit from it, as we devoted 8 days and 500m gc to hitting spartans and gained ~nothing net versus the rest of the top in that time. Spartans used the "emeriti wants to farm" argument trying to convince people that we had some ulterior motive in being dealbroken by them, but the argument fell completely flat. In the final ceasefire deal, when they could have reasonably asked for us to raze the acres and we would have been fine with agreeing with it, it turned out they didn't care about that at all and neither did anyone else.

Then afterwards zauper and chrystal started working up a propaganda argument for us to raze, for reasons that remain unclear to me.

My position on this is simple: the argument is silly. We've said from day 1 we didn't care about the acres and would be willing to raze them, but wouldn't be bullied into it. Other than cr and cp, nobody else seems to care either.
    Then why did you hit for land and not just do the twice as effective raze? By adding in what you "lost" are you justifying the acers you gained?

Enthusiast
    we should have noticed abs :-(

Umm Danny I did step in and help.
    All for one and one for Chrystal!!

Postaholic
    Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    Judge told me, and I quote, "if it ends, we will raze". He also said you'd raze if it affected the charts.
    Yes Zauper, I just said that. Thanks for repeating it back to me. Judge told you we would raze the acres before eoa if they affected the charts. No more, no less.

Shai: I care mostly because I got both texted and pmd and accused of lying after posting that they were going to keep the land.
    That's because you said "mithras posted that they wouldn't raze", when in fact mithras said no such thing. You were spreading false rumors ("lying" is your term for it, not ours) to prepare for the dealbreak by CP, I guess. This pissed mithras off and sent him off on a tangent leading to a useless thread. But I guess riling him up by making false statements to try to turn nothing into a big deal was probably your goal.

Now back to my question: Chrystal said we lied to him. Where is the evidence of this? If he cannot show anything where we said something to him and then did the opposite, I would like an apology for that accusation. If he can show it, I will likewise apologize to him.

I would further like a retraction of the notice by CP. It is an outright dealbreak. We stated (to zauper, in whatsapp) that we would raze the acres before eoa if they affected the charts. CP obviously feels that if we pass them that is affecting the charts, and that's a fair position. But if CP is going to dealbreak us to try to solidify that position after already agreeing to an eoa ceasefire, that's not acceptable play. We will not be razing any acres until that is resolved, and if they do go through with the dealbreak we will most likely want compensation for it.

Thread Information