Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: End of Age

End of Age

In YR 13 whats with possible end of ages?

Moderator for:
    Utopia Forums
    Ages are usually 12-15 ages, with ages being on the longer side recently. Devs will announce EoA a few weeks before hand. Until they announce it there's no telling when it will be.

Forum Addict
    eoa is often announced like 2 weeks before, so its safe to say theres still around 2 weeks before eoa atm..

Postaholic
    Ages are way too long. 10-12 years is ideal, anything beyond just makes the game feel stale. The most exciting part of this game in my opinion is seeing the new changes and making strategies and kd comps in response.

Enthusiast
    Uto gods are busy!

Needs to get out more
    There's lots to do. We can still go for land crown, or I could emergency join one of my friends kingdoms in other races. A bunch of us actives could abandon our kingdoms and join up to start a new one.

You can look at the game as there not being enough time to overtake CR cows. But you could try.
    I'm currently experimenting with durability in the guise of elf cleric. If you have a dwarf you could help me by experimenting with undulating build times and report in Strategy how it went.

If your diplo is screwing you out of interesting wars just get on the blower and talk over a formal CF break. There are tons of inactives EoA so the wars are deceptively even and billions upon billions to steal.

What I find funny in a necromantic way is the number of players trying to hold on to what they got rather than strive for more till the devs stop it. Keep playing. We might cross swords which is part of the fun. I have lots to learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

The game changes a lot when you stop thinking of it as winning the game. The game can be rewarding in the accomplishments but if you have fun hanging out with friends in the game it is often more enjoyable. So the EoA wouldn't impact you as much if you're in it to just enjoy instead of win.

I'll say this, I've met some incredible people playing this game and it's given me many life experiences that I will be eternally grateful for. Enjoy yourself!
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    The game changes a lot when you stop thinking of it as winning the game. The game can be rewarding in the accomplishments but if you have fun hanging out with friends in the game it is often more enjoyable. So the EoA wouldn't impact you as much if you're in it to just enjoy instead of win.

I'll say this, I've met some incredible people playing this game and it's given me many life experiences that I will be eternally grateful for. Enjoy yourself!
    I hate everyone equally!

Forum Fanatic
    They usually give 7-10 days notice before the age change. My guess is that if we don't have the announcement this week, it is not likely to happen until the new year, which would make this one of the longest ages.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauper View Post
    They usually give 7-10 days notice before the age change. My guess is that if we don't have the announcement this week, it is not likely to happen until the new year, which would make this one of the longest ages.
    Could just be planning to have the freeze go through Christmas.

Forum Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Band of Horses View Post
    Could just be planning to have the freeze go through Christmas.
    I guess, but even so that would have to be announced soon if they're giving 7-10 days notice -- essentially this week.

Yeah essentially, could be start of next week though. It's usually monday/tuesday announce isn't it?

I would guess after the holidays.

Veteran
    Either before or after. But having a set freeze date would be nice

Enthusiast
    I really hope the new age does not start until after the holidays. If over the holidays is more of this age, or freeze time, thatd be fine. I can cruise through the holidays with minimal work on my prov, but having to start an age over the holidays would suck big time.

Thread Information