Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: End of Age

Needs to get out more
    Heck I always figured unCFd cowing was the best war magnet.

"whoopsidy doo, I'm bigger than you!" ~ Dr.Seuss

@ umajon911 - we're in a war, but I see all these moopy faces and feel I should share secrets of happiness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

why the hell is this age not ending! it's killing everybody's interest! As it is there are few ppl playing this game...and its reducing every age (big surprise). This IS SO BOOORRRINGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by tito15 View Post
    why the hell is this age not ending! it's killing everybody's interest! As it is there are few ppl playing this game...and its reducing every age (big surprise). This IS SO BOOORRRINGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Devs kinda missed their chance to end the age at a reasonable time. If they had started on it weeks ago we could have been through freeze time and protection and all that by now, but if they start on EOA now the new age would start right smack in with xmas and new years. Players would be pissed at the timing and many would probably take the age off bc of it. Also there is always bugs and problems that need to be sorted out with the start of an age, and I doubt devs want to be fixing bugs on christmas day...

Regular
    maybe that was the intention ?

Enthusiast
    Don't normally jump on the doom and gloom band wagon regarding Utopia, but this is the second age in a row the game has ran longer than people were expecting. I know there's no set period for the age ending, but we're currently in week 15 and looking like it'll go to 17 or 18.

Clearly the game shouldn't be ran just for the sake of top KDs, but with there being zero competition I can't see many core players doing much besides logging in every so often which is likely to breed inactivity as people don't miss playing the game, I imagine smaller KDs who have nothing to do are probably quite sick of being stagnated for weeks on end as well.

But really none of the above matters, the question would be why the game is running so long? Hopefully it's not because the devs can't be bothered with working on the game over the holiday period, however that's how it seems to be, which might (again I hope not) lead to some rushed out changes in the new year which add little to nothing to the game. I don't know why last age ran so long, but people had commented it was to do with Bishop and real life things, which is a worrying sign if one person can delay something like that (not Bishops fault ofc) as it seems the game could easily fold if it's being propped up just by 1 person.

I really don't know what you guys are complaining about, end of november and december I don't want to have to be active in the game. So starting a new would have made me sit out an age while this delay allowed me to just coast through the holidays into a fiery start to the next age and new year!
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Needs to get out more
    Age lengths never bother me. Since I travel and stink at building I can always find new challenges.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

Regular
    With this long age, the developers better have some new and significant changes for the new age and not little tweaks which anyone can probably think of.

current players : 3535
    thx for killing it.

Quote Originally Posted by chow mein View Post
    current players : 3535
    thx for killing it.
    jesus

Needs to get out more
    It's a cool number though.

Star date 3535, the crew of the Epoch Eagle found themselves trapped on the massive space station known as the Life Nova...

If we remain calm and play somewhat friendly we may be able to stretch the game until nostalgia kicks in for retired players. It happens in guitars, cars, all sorts of stuff. Eventually people want to come back to familiar things. The game is a classic.
    ________
    Weed bowls

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post

Star date 3535, the crew of the Epoch Eagle found themselves trapped on the massive space station known as the Life Nova...

If we remain calm and play somewhat friendly we may be able to stretch the game until nostalgia kicks in for retired players. It happens in guitars, cars, all sorts of stuff. Eventually people want to come back to familiar things. The game is a classic.
    i am actually on day 5 from coming back after about a year away.

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post

I'm looking forward to 2,187. FN2187
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Needs to get out more
    I need Utopia to last so I can learn how to post gifs. Eventually I'll start a kingdom and eventually I'm using a bunch of Bolo Yeung gifs.

The " you didn't hurt me " wave off.
    The maniacal self cheer.
    The severe pointing at " you! "
    The casual " shirt off/chest flex/neck crack " notice.
    The " disappointed in the judges " shrug.

He's loaded with KuhaN mojo.
    ________
    Weed bowls

What kills this game as far as new players is the anti-competitiveness. Players being shuffled would put everyone on a level playing field. This age is draggging out so bad. New players want a chance at being in a decent kingdom and making it to the top. Can't do that when it takes ages to sift through people half@ing it and not playing as a team.... and that's if you're lucky. Can't do that when you're pitting noobs against people that have been playing together and playing since the game was created.

Thread Information