View Poll Results: Do you think this is a double hostile?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 62.86%
  • No

13 37.14%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you think this is a double hostile?

Forum Fanatic

Do you think this is a double hostile?

Just want to take some public opinion so I know I'm not crazy.

Paintrain waved us, we decided we can't war them.
    Then, an hour after their most recent hits (we spoke and they said they would accept CF but haven't yet), a wave commences from WWE Champions.

WWE is z:z. We are y:y. Paintrain is x:x.

I get this message from them after their hits already start:
    Game Date April 5 of YR13
    Real Date Sun, 6 Dec at 21:22 GMT+00:00
    Sender The Wealthy Knight Book end of Booker T (z:z)
    Recipient King Moeby the Sorcerer of Skara Brae (y:y)
    Subject Hi

As it seems you guys arnt hostile i assume you are still open to have a war?
    My response:
    Sender King Moeby the Sorcerer of Skara Brae (y:y)
    Recipient The Wealthy Knight Book end of Booker T (z:z)
    Subject Re:Hi

What is wrong with you?

we have eaten 10+ hits from x:x and they have not closed off relations yet
    of course we are still hostile
    And he says back:
    Sender The Wealthy Knight Book end of Booker T (z:z)
    Recipient King Moeby the Sorcerer of Skara Brae (y:y)
    Subject Re:Hi

Its no hostile, if you dont hit back.
    Let me post the relevant news.

PainTrain’s Hits:
    March 10 of YR13 PainTrain we retal stfo (x:x) has begun a Emerald Dragon project against us!
    March 10 of YR13 Straight Outta Compton (x:x) invaded Rogue mystic or cleric (y:y) and captured 215 acres of land.
    March 10 of YR13 Soviet Psi Storms (x:x) invaded Bilbo (y:y) and captured 143 acres of land.
    March 10 of YR13 An unknown province from PainTrain we retal stfo (x:x) invaded Hui (y:y) and captured 177 acres of land.
    March 10 of YR13 Dreaming (x:x) invaded Icecream (y:y) and captured 207 acres of land.
    March 10 of YR13 Dreaming (x:x) invaded its friday (y:y) and killed 827 people.
    March 10 of YR13 TefloN DoN (x:x) invaded its friday (y:y) and killed 950 people.
    March 11 of YR13 An unknown province from PainTrain HOSTILE stfo (x:x) invaded Romanian Pimp (y:y) and captured 259 acres of land.
    March 11 of YR13 IWelcomeOurNewPurpleOverlords (x:x) razed 99 acres of Arrggghhh (y:y).
    March 11 of YR13 An unknown province from PainTrain HOSTILE stfo (x:x) invaded Knakelibraksnabel (y:y) and captured 6 acres of land.
    March 12 of YR13 Fric n Frac (x:x) invaded Romanian Pimp (y:y) and captured 186 acres of land.
    March 12 of YR13 Fric n Frac (x:x) invaded Fryslan Boppe (y:y) and captured 180 acres of land.
    March 12 of YR13 We have withdrawn our ceasefire proposal to PainTrain HOSTILE stfo (x:x).
    March 12 of YR13 An unknown province from PainTrain HOSTILE stfo (x:x) invaded Romanian Pimp (y:y) and captured 129 acres of land.
    March 12 of YR13 An unknown province from PainTrain HOSTILE stfo (x:x) invaded Icecream (y:y) and captured 129 acres of land.
    March 18 of YR13 An unknown province from PainTrain HOSTILE stfo (x:x) invaded Spellsy (y:y) and captured 290 acres of land.
    April 1 of YR13 An unknown province from PainTrain HOSTILE stfo (x:x) invaded Icecream (y:y) and captured 128 acres of land.
    April 1 of YR13 An unknown province from PainTrain HOSTILE stfo (x:x) invaded Grinners Reborn (y:y) and captured 218 acres of land.
    April 1 of YR13 An unknown province from PainTrain HOSTILE stfo (x:x) invaded Grinners Reborn (y:y) and captured 177 acres of land.
    April 2 of YR13 Fric n Frac (x:x) invaded Say again (y:y) and captured 228 acres of land.
    April 3 of YR13 We have proposed a ceasefire offer to PainTrain HOSTILE stfo (x:x).
    April 3 of YR13 TefloN DoN (x:x) invaded BenjaBaby (y:y) and captured 229 acres of land.
    April 4 of YR13 An unknown province from PainTrain HOSTILE stfo (x:x) invaded Spellsy (y:y) and captured 212 acres of land.

WWE’s WAVE STARTS NEXT TICK – NO CF ACCEPTED

April 5 of YR13 Big Daddy Yum Yum (z:z) invaded USS Enterprise NCC-1701-E (y:y) and captured 267 acres of land.
    April 5 of YR13 Big Daddy Yum Yum (z:z) invaded Darkfall (y:y) and captured 225 acres of land.
    April 5 of YR13 An unknown province from The Cute Doggerinos (y:y) recaptured 112 acres of land from Big Daddy Yum Yum (z:z).
    April 5 of YR13 An unknown province from WWE Champions (z:z) invaded Darkfall (y:y) and captured 121 acres of land.
    April 5 of YR13 Ivan Koloff (z:z) attacked and stole from Grinners Reborn (y:y).
    April 5 of YR13 Ivan Koloff (z:z) invaded Grinners Reborn (y:y) and captured 66 acres of land.
    April 5 of YR13 An unknown province from WWE Champions (z:z) invaded Ambiguous Name (y:y) and captured 162 acres of land.
    April 5 of YR13 The dudgay brothers (z:z) invaded Say again (y:y) and captured 107 acres of land.
    April 5 of YR13 Brock Lesnar (z:z) invaded Key (y:y) and captured 104 acres of land.

TL;DR
    So over 19hours we've taken 20 hits from Paintrain, then WWE sends 9 hits (and counting), claiming that we aren't in a hostile.

Is this not pretty much exactly the definition of a double hostile? Personally I think this is unacceptable and I'm feeling rather angry.

Do you agree this is a double?
    Last edited by Palem; 06-12-2015 at 22:25.

The Jerks.

Regular
    If it is as you described it, then yes I would consider it a double hostile.

my answer to all questions tetley asks is yes

I don't even need to read the question. Whatever it is, the answer is yes.
    "having fun warring when you have whoring and number 1 as a goal is totally pointless..." - Korp
    "while I heart shiester when we both play serious and are in the same kingdom, I hate shiester on the forums and pretty much disagree with everything he says. Even he knows this." - Flogger asking me out on a date

The devs have made a decision to kill competitive utopia and have thereby killed my interest with it.

Forum Fanatic
    The problem with this is, Its a 1 sided hostile.Your not fighting back and have offered a CF.So its seen your not going to war or Hostile yourself.

By using this as a Hostile then anytime someone farms a kd who doesnt hit back ,then that also must be seen as a hostile and no one can hit either kd.
    That a constant hostile wave by most kds .

Does it bite taking back to back waves yes.but again hostile should go both ways .

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Post Fiend
    How are you hostile when you havent hit back and u've proposed a cf?

And realistically u got waved on March 10/11/12 and for over 12hours u chose to do nothing. I hardly call that a back to back wave

Enthusiast
    Happened to me plenty of times. BUT abit predatory from the second kd and since you obviously have no intention of warring either and they know it, I would not feel sorry for them if a 4th kd waved them.

Having said that it can't be the same as hitting into an active 2 way hostile.

Edit: need a third option in the poll
    Last edited by lampost; 07-12-2015 at 01:22. Reason: Poll

I think if you were the one hitting without anyone hitting back it would be a little different. Just seems really sleezy to be kicking a kd while their down so I voted yes but it might be only because I find the act deplorable.
    "The Utopian voice of reason" ~Ben (And he's an official moderator)

Forum Fanatic
    Thunder, I see your point but I don't think that it has to by symmetrical i.e. that a conflict always provides both kingdoms protection. I think there's a difference between the feeding kingdom and the one being fed on. The feeding kingdom doesn't necessarily deserve hostile protection, the second one definitely does

Now if someone wanted to wave the kingdom making the hits, that's a different story. Because the point of our community conception about double hostiles is that you shouldn't be taking hits from multiple kingdoms at the same time. The kingdom doing the hits on us isn't receiving hits = their claim of hostile protection is a lot more sketchy.

Kandy are you special? The hits were separated by one tick. If a kingdom is hitting you actively and you aren't hitting back, another kingdom can't say "you aren't retalling, so we're going to double you."

Maybe you don't want to call this a hostile but it's quite clear we got waved back to back WHILE relations were still open with the initial kingdom? I don't see a world where this is acceptable.

The Jerks.

Forum Fanatic
    Oh i agree its a BS move.But its hard to call it a hostile when its one sided.Neither side should get hostile protection .As mentioned above,Your poll needed a 3rd option.

Monsters

Fighting the world back Proudly since Age 35

#MONSTERS

Enthusiast
    Clearly a double hostile. You have two KDs that are now hostile to you and hitting. It really doesnt matter who you are hitting, that "direction" of hostilities maters not at all... because then people could just hit two different kds at once and say its a double hostile because they pushed the meter vs two kds. All that really matters is how many kds are pushing the meter against you.

Scribe
    the kingdom waving cannot claim hostile if their target doesn't hit back. But the hit kingdom should be able to have hostile protection until the matter is settled. The real question is what the second waving kingdom is after. Clearly they took the news, clearly they know you are not in any shape or position to war them. So what exactly do they want? My guess would be this is a sleazy attempt to get some "free" acres by a kingdom that otherwise would lose against you. If that is the case, maybe you should propose terms for a war such as...yea we'll war you in x amount of days foe example. If they agree, you have another war win in the bag plus the first kingdom should back off because you have an agreed war. If they decline all will see what said kingdom is made of and that they purposely hit into a hostile ;)

Forum Addict
    wierd to see that there are ppl who think this isnt a double hostile at all.. sad days..

Veteran
    If you didn't want a double hostile you should have warred and honorably lost in 48 ticks instead of being total wimps.

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bombdigie View Post
    If you didn't want a double hostile you should have warred and honorably lost in 48 ticks instead of being total wimps.
    Thats not nice at all. Its easy if you have allies to wave the kds before you warred them.

Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LoRD_SaMPuaN View Post
    wierd to see that there are ppl who think this isnt a double hostile at all.. sad days..
    those ppl are probably playing in (z:z) :P

Thread Information