Thread: Please give me the date of the next age start and some info

Question Please give me the date of the next age start and some info

Would someone please give me the date of the next age start and some info regarding how 2 or several people can play wit those they know?

I'm planning to rejoin this game after an absence and although I know the ages last a few months, an exact schedule or an educational guess as to freeze/game start would be appreciated. I'm looking to convince some friends to join so the exact date is important for our timeline in deciding roles/etc.

Also, in the event I do find a friend or two to play with, is there a mechanism for us to be invited into the same kingdom? I think there are limited email invites a king can send. How many can be sent? Can we make a tiny kingdom and have players randomly assigned to start with us (of course 20 plus people is preferable but I'm not sure how many players show up in a largely random shuffle of provinces upon start, so if you could let me know a little about that as well, I'd appreciate it.). I'll either play alone or with possibly up to several people (one who's a serious gamer is considering rejoining the game and possibly up to two others who are less advanced). I'm seeking a casual warring kingdom and planning on being a halfling/theif/bank (intel, disruption and microfinance :-3) who can march occasionally in wars. My serious gaming friend, should he carve out the time, is likely going to play T/M. Not sure if any of the three are even probable to join but all are considering. Could we market ourselves as a small group on a community board, perhaps?

Enthusiast
    You might want to have a look here: http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...549-End-of-Age

Regular
    The end of the current age has not been announced, though it should be coming to a close soon (within the next few weeks).

There is an invite system in place now for monarchs. That said, your best option if you would like to join a kingdom, would be to either head over to the Recruitment Forums, or hop on utonet on irc to the #recruiting channel and poke around looking for KDs who are looking for multiple additions for next age.

You came back at the right time; 'tis the season for next age recruitment.

If u want to start a new kingdom from scratch and have enough players you can also ask Bishop for a new kingdom shell.
    #magi

Veteran
    Give the man what he wants, damn-it!

Regular
    Hey Antimony04,
    For next age StarCraft is looking for new recruits. Maybe we can setup some sort of contact to see if there might be a match?

You can read a bit about our KD in the following thread (reply there if you wanna get in touch).
    http://forums.utopia-game.com/showth...-is-recruiting!

Post Fiend
    No exact date given, but it will be around the 1st for freeze. I'd say play will start around the 3rd but we should find out with the next 11 days or so the exact dates and possible changes. If you need a new kingdom we can accommodate you and there are plenty of other kingdoms that are looking too. Starting from scratch with 3 players is very hard theses days.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by khronosschoty View Post
    If u want to start a new kingdom from scratch and have enough players you can also ask Bishop for a new kingdom shell.
    Indeed. Don't compromise, go for your dream. If you want to forge into Utopia alone, or with just a few friends, it's possible. I did it myself in age 63.

Alone with no fear. I spent the age doing it my way; no CFs without a fight, only retaliating and never attacking unprovoked. My friend makeo joined and at EoA Chrystal Palace took over my shell (currently the #4 land kingdom).

This B I:

47 Sonic Blue (x:xx) The Amber Room (x:xx) Human 3457 acres

This was done without recruiting and never crying for help when full kingdoms attacked. Again, I only did retaliation and explore. I never approached any kingdom for a CF and being offered one was unlikely. Diplomacy is only as strong as you are.

My point was to defy the notion of herd mentality. Because if you think about it, every time I was attacked it was my opponent hitting first. It was my elites being killed at home. My retaliation was always at a disadvantage that I granted the world around me. I'd do it again without hesitation.
    The calibre of my competition was 4 of the top 6 kingdoms including BeastBlood, Sleepy, Pew Pew and Emeriti. Obviously I faced attacks throughout the entire journey from every war tier in the game. No ducking, no hiding, it can be done.

Have fun and do it your way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Quote Originally Posted by StratOcastle View Post
    The calibre of my competition was 4 of the top 6 kingdoms including BeastBlood, Sleepy, Pew Pew and Emeriti..
    Seems like bad target selection when whoring.
    #?

#Pandas

#Simians

K L A
    Kaer Loche Alliance

Real life of Anri - Utopia addict
    http://instagram.com/henke82

Post Fiend
    Pretty sure pewpew came out ahead. Dunno about the others.

Needs to get out more
    Quote Originally Posted by Runefire View Post
    Pretty sure pewpew came out ahead. Dunno about the others.
    I was asked to send a CF by Binar. I wouldn't refuse.

There was never any talk between Sleepy and no CF offered either way.

It was actually Alice that hammered me the most. I lost 1k acres through raze and trad. No CF was offered either way. I did msg the avian I was taking retal acres from to inform him it was not out of anger. I managed to hole up behind a t/ms nw range in Alice and fight from there.

My practice was to 'not attack t/ms' since it effects kingdom strats, and I care about the well being of the community. If I was attacked by a small top kingdom province I'd attempt to retal a larger province with regard for the struggles of trying to catch up in a whoring environment.

This is why conventionally I know a few dedicated players can do well. If you seek diplo, take the easy learns vs t/ms, practice vigilant province maintenance, attack and retal smart, it should easily exceed what I was doing.

To put that in perspective, I did very few learn attacks as retal since I never knew when the next attack was coming. Since I only did retal I was destined to have poor honor. My science was what I could pump on my own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop View Post
    Correct me then, instead of being a dick about it.
    love that thick mahogany back with no belly carve or anything...pure thick wood ! The thing ROCK is made of !
    ________
    Weed bowls

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...+say&FORM=VDRE

Thread Information